An Unexpected Party

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
This is a story of how a creature of habit had an adventure, and found himself doing and saying things altogether unexpected.

More than three years ago I started a journey with Darebee by training every day, the journey is now unexpectedly changing direction but it continues, always continues :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
BEFORE BREAKFAST

📌 Five Rites Workout - (instructional video)
📌 Wu Qin Xi - (instructional video)
📌 First Thing Water Challenge

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Warmup: Universal Warmup (5 min)
Strength training in the Gym (1 h 30 min)
Hard Reset Cardio, Day 21
Stretching: Surya Namaskara (5 min)

°°°
BEFORE BEDTIME

📌 Daily Gratitude Challenge
📌
Counting Victories Challenge

°°°

Working out in the gym seems less and less strange :p
Now I have to get used to the new Forum, it seems to be a period of great changes :LOL:

Aloha, have a nice day bees :coffee:

Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. George Bernard Shaw

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Cardio, Day 22
Athletic preparation for Muay Thai (2h)

°°°
BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I am revolutionizing all my usual habits and schedules and the best way to do it is ... to have no choice :LOL:

Aloha, have a nice day bees
coffee.png

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Cardio, Day 23

°°°
BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I should have taken the measurements with the times of training in the gym, it is more or less two hours since I leave the house and when I come back :)
My body is still hating me deeply but there is less news and I will be able to manage the training better and better :p
Yesterday I ran 2 kilometers :welcome:

We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. Aristotle

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Cardio, Day 24

°°°
BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Sleepless night thanks to mosquitoes, despite the mosquito nets and as soon as you lower your guard and do not put the mosquito net on the bed you find two of them buzzing in your ears :sus:

I'm trying to better dose my strength for training, I can do it by 50% :p

The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything. Frank Sinatra

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Cardio, Day 25

°°°
BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Maybe I figured out how not to hurt my back in the gym :)
and now it seems less and less strange to me to go there :LOL:

Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it. Salvador Dali

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I dunno about that. I mean, if we don't think we'll ever reach perfection, we won't strive for it, which means we'll only ever strive for mediocrity, knowing we have at least a chance of reaching it. Me, I'm still aiming for perfection because I reckon, one day...

lpf

Rogue Posts: 285
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
I dunno about that. I mean, if we don't think we'll ever reach perfection, we won't strive for it, which means we'll only ever strive for mediocrity, knowing we have at least a chance of reaching it. Me, I'm still aiming for perfection because I reckon, one day...
it's depending on the definition of perfection I think...
for example: if there is a perfect form for squats, I don't think, that everyone will ever reach it, as everyone is built different...
if you define perfection the way like, perfect for you, or yourself, than perfection is reachable.

mavie

from germany
Pronouns: she/her
As far as i know perfection from it's linguistic origin means it's finished, there's nothing beyond it. Death may be perfection. What we often mean when talking about perfection is probably better described as mastery. I believe Dali's quote aims on this difference in meaning.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
It becomes easier if we think we are "perfectible" and not perfect, so there is a lot of room for improvement without fear of ever really reaching an absolute limit :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

Hard Reset Cardio, Day 26

°°°
BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I can say with satisfaction that after 3 weeks of training in the gym with weights I have no pain in the joints as I usually did with training with dumbbells and kettlebells.
Weight training is no problem if done 3 times a week and that's it :)
My usual warm-up is way better than abdominal activation with some plank exercises :p
Same thing for the final exercises: cool down and stretching.
So even in the gym I will keep my start and finish training as I like it :LOL:
The great thing about the gym I go to is that it is so big that you can really do anything from bodyweight exercises, to punching bag, calistenics, weight training without getting in the way of anyone else.

palestra.jpg

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. Wayne Gretzky

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

100 Hindu Squats in one go
Hard Reset Cardio, Day 27
Hard Reset Strength, Day 1
21 Hindu Push-Ups - (instructional video)

°°°
BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

After 3 weeks in which I have been good and scrupulously followed the pre-established training ... I go back to experiment a little :LOL:
I want to add to training in the gym and at home some exercises that interest me, such as mobility, agility and abs, a few fast things that do continuously help me improve my fitness.
I will use the two new Hard Reset programs as extra workouts when I want and can, at least they are still a complete and progressive program without having to look for new workouts from time to time.

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. Søren Kierkegaard

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

105 Hindu Squats in one go (3 min)
Two Minute Plank Workout
Hard Reset Cardio, Day 28
Hard Reset Strength, Day 2
Strength training in the Gym (1 h)
21 Hindu Push-Ups - (instructional video)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Now that I'm a little less lost in the gym, I can stay in an hour of weight training :)
So I was able to add some exercises at the beginning and at the end of the workout that I like and am interested in :LOL:

The best way out is always through. Robern Frost

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Cardio, Day 29
Hard Reset Strength, Day 3

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

I can't wait to start the real Muay Thai course :LOL:
So far I'm having fun and it's an intense but fun workout with a nice group of nice people :)
I can't say I like running 2km as a warm-up but my body no longer screams scandal :LOL:

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. Ingrid Bergman

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

108 Hindu Squats in one go (3 min)
Two Minute Plank Workout

:completed:Hard Reset Cardio, Day 30

Hard Reset Strength, Day 4
27 Hindu Push-Ups - (instructional video)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Today I bought the boxing gloves, starting next week Muay Thai with the boxing part :LOL:
I could choose between: red, blue, yellow ... I got them yellow :welcome:

Hard Reset Cardio review

PRO
- The 4-day rolling sequence: running, walking, abs and combat works very well.
- I really liked that you could choose between running or doing high cardio, or walking or light cardio as alternatives, you can choose according to the possibilities you have or the desire or the weather.
- It's a simple cardio routine that you can easily fit into your workout, just readjust it to your schedules.

CONTRO
- The idea of having two routines one cardio and one strength is very good but it is very difficult to be able to train consistently twice a day even if the workouts are fast.

Hard Reset gives me a little idea of a kind of training revolution, going from training once a day to two and combining both cardio and strength on the same day.
I like the idea, it's very good but I find it difficult to implement for most people who in the end struggle even to train consistently once a day.
Darebee has changed the way I train by convincing me to train every day, maybe in the future it will convince me to train twice a day.

Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people. Leo Burnett

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
I saw the video and as always ... I'm cold for him :p
Seriously, the idea of doing micro workouts is very good but it clashes with real practicability.
Intense micro workouts that are what he means in the video make you sweat and it is not practical to walk around sweaty or take 10 showers a day.
Most of the exercises that I am interested in practicing most require a minimum of warmup and maybe even a little stretching afterwards.
I opted to do a little more movement but without doing a real workout: I walk to and from the gym and if I have to make commissions close to home I go on foot.
In my opinion the exercises that could really be done during the day are part of low cardio but that's just my opinion :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
Yesterday

BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE DINNER

Hard Reset Strength, Day 5

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Today

BEFORE BREAKFAST

°°°

BEFORE LUNCH

100 Hindu Squats in one go (3 min)
Two Minute Plank Workout
Hard Reset Strength, Day 6
20 Hindu Push-Ups - (instructional video)

°°°

BEFORE BEDTIME

📌

°°°

Yesterday I forgot to update the log, I'm still tossed around by all the changes in training :p
However, yesterday the month of athletic training is officially over and Muay Thai lessons will start from next week, I can't wait :)
And today I finished my first month of weight training at the gym :worried:
It was a nice intense monthly training but I really enjoyed it and my body took it all well.
I am happy with the choices I made, my sociability has benefited from this and I go out more often and more willingly from my den :LOL:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Lao Tzu