A mechanical heartbeat in the snowy forest

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Today YD Day 16, no meditation yet.

Day 103 of consecutive exercise (D100 on 13/01)

Regarding last week:
  • Walking more than 5,000 steps or going to the gym 6 days out of 7, good. Makes it 1 week out of 2.
  • Meditation 6 days out of 7, good. 2 weeks/2
  • Fish 2 times, good. 2 weeks/2
  • Fruits 7 times, good 2 weeks/2
  • Not-homemade meal : twice times, good. 2 weeks/2
  • Reading before bed 7 evenings, good 2 weeks/2
  • Self-care habits 1 and 2, 7 for 7 days, good. 2 weeks/2
  • Three classes at the gym - though only one yoga class because of my medical appointments; goal attained. 2 weeks/2

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Meditation done Monday evening.

Tuesday YD Day 17, no meditation (went to the office)

Yesterday wednesday YD Day 18, Hatha yoga at lunchtime, meditation.

Today no meditation yet, YD Day 19, and I will try tonight to go to yoga. Major strikes and manifestations today, that's why I deided to go Tuesday to the office instead of today. We will see if it repeats but... we may be heading toward some series of strikes and protests. We will see.

Mom lost one of her bridge (as in the card game) friends last week (and her eyesight is continuing to plunge), and today I learned one of my uncles is hospitalised, not sure what about but dad was quite stressed. This is not surprising at their generation, but really drives home to me that we ought to enjoy our parents while we can... Hugs to all of you bees, and hug your parents if you can.

Day 106 of consecutive exercise (D100 on 13/01)

daejamurrachan

Druid from Colorado
"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. Marilyn Monroe"
*sending hugs*
Best Friends Love GIF by TV Land

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @daejamurrachan , @CODawn , @Fremen , @Mianevem , @lpf , @TopNotch ; I was feeling quite blue because of these news but your hugs did help.

Did meditation yesterday, and the Yoga class yesterday evening, it was really a good one.
This morning YD Day 20 and meditation. Got to start preparing the beef roast (with orange and persil stuffing, and aniseed) I want to cook tomorrow, kitchen, here I come!

Day 107 of consecutive exercise (D100 on 13/01)

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Anek , @BetaCorvi and @NancyTree . Love the hive and the support!

Yesterday YD Day 23, 5 minutes breathing exercise.

Today YD Day 22, and 5 minutes meditation.

Day 109 of consecutive exercise (D100 on 13/01)

So...Yesterday was by third Heart-versary :welcome:
Yep, on the 21st of January, it was 3 years ago I had my life-saving open-heart surgery (mechanical mitral valve installed, for those who do not know or remember). A new lease on life, a difficult time and recovery, but definitly worth it, and the support of the Hive was real. Therefore, it has become a day of celebration for me.
So, with my parents we celebrated with a complete 4-course meal (and wine of course) - scallops carpaccio as starters, beef-roast I stuffed with chopped parsley, orange, aniseed and other spices served with carrot - pumpkin-sweet potatoes puree as main dish, cheese platter, and pastries from our local good pastry. Yay!

Yesterday

Regarding last week:
  • Walking more than 5,000 steps or going to the gym 6 days out of 7, good. 2 weeks/3.
  • Meditation 6 days out of 7, good. 3 weeks/3
  • Fish 3 times, good. 3 weeks/3
  • Fruits 6 times (forgot yesterday because I had lunch with parents and dinner with Best Friend 1), good 3 weeks/3
  • Not-homemade meal : twice times, good. 3 weeks/3
  • Reading before bed 7 evenings, good 3 weeks/3
  • Self-care habits 1 and 2, 7 for 7 days, good. 3 weeks/3
  • Three classes at the gym -including 2 yoga classes, good, 3 weeks/3

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thank you @Froud :LOL:

Today YogaDownload Challenge Day 23 - last day, meditation not yet done.
Interesting diversity in the YD challenge ; it was on the longuish side for me (20 mins is fine, 25 starts to mess up a bit my morning schedule, and 30 minutes came a few times) but OK. We will see for that source of yoga sequences.

So, now, how do I want to settle my weeks? I can see something like that:

Monday: yoga 20 mins video
Tuesday: Darebee cardio workout difficulty 3, evening studio yoga class
Wednesday: Darebee strength workout difficulty 3, lunchtime yoga class
Thursday: restorative yoga
Friday: yoga 20 mins video
Saturday: Body pump class (if I miss it, strength workout difficulty 3)
Sunday: restorative yoga or stretching.

Or if I go to the Thursday yoga class:

Monday: yoga 20 mins video
Tuesday: yoga 20 mins video
Wednesday: Darebee strength workout difficulty 3, lunchtime yoga class
Thursday: Darebee cardio workout difficulty 3 (will try, but if I have to go that day to the office, that may get cancelled), evening studio yoga class
Friday: restorative yoga
Saturday: Body pump class (if I miss it, strength workout difficulty 3)
Sunday: restorative yoga or stretching.

Less ideal because the rest days are closer, but now that my Sunday mornings are waaaaaayyyyy busier, taking it as a restorative day anyhow is realistic.

Anyhow, I hope to make more the first schedule, and of course it will be subject to whatever life can throw our ways - work, medical appointments and all the fun stuff, LOL. But both schedules should allow for two yoga classes and one body pump class/week, and it seems fairly balanced.

ETA : any of the darebee workouts may be swapped for combat workouts because, well, I like them too, LOL! En garde!

Day 110 of consecutive exercise (D100 on 13/01)

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Thursday one of the yoga workouts from here - can't remember which one), and meditation done.
Yesterday 20 mins yoga - Yoga with Adrienne, and 5 minutes meditation
Today body pump class, meditation not yet done

Day 115 of consecutive exercise (D100 on 13/01)

I am pondering the new RPG / combat program... part of me wants to enjoy it ASAP (which means putting yoga on hold). Another part of me wants to keep it for this summer for the month I won't be in Paris (and won't be going to the gym and their yoga classes)... Decisions decisions.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
adding:
Regarding last week (23th to 29th January):
  • Walking more than 5,000 steps or going to the gym 6 days out of 7, good. 3 weeks/4.
  • Meditation 6 days out of 7, good. 4 weeks/4
  • Fish 3 times, good. 4 weeks/4
  • Fruits 7 times , good 4 weeks/4
  • Not-homemade meal : twice times, good. 4 weeks/4
  • Reading before bed 6 evenings, good 4 weeks/4
  • Self-care habits 1 and 2, 7 for 7 days, good. 4 weeks/4
  • Three classes at the gym -including 2 yoga classes, good, 4 weeks/4

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
@GentleOx Yeah, I think we discussed chocolate. The great question is, would life without chocolate be worth living?! A very important question, my bee-friend! :chuckle: And as a pharmacist, I strongly advocate for chocolate to be recognised as a beneficial drug and reimbursed by social security! It is high time!!!

So, yesterday did the yoga class and meditation in the evening.

No darebee workout this morning because I had a super-early doctor appointment (positive one, can I say) ; but did yoga class at lunchtime, and meditation, so I will call that good.

Day 119 of consecutive exercise (D100 on 13/01)

Last edited:

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Meditation done yesterday evening, this morning did a 20 minutes yoga from Yoga With Adrienne, meditation not yet done. The pattern of meditation in the evening is strong, I should think about reorganising.

Day 121 of consecutive exercise (D120 on 02/02).

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
Nice going on the Bokken workout. And thank you for reminding me they exist. I'll wait for an easy day and do one myself.

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Oh that workout looks good! I need to try it, I just recently experimented with a stick and it was a lot of fun!

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Grins to @Gandhalfit and @Anek , the bokken workouts are plenty of fun, I have a bokken from my trip to Japan and though I do not use it regularly enough to be any expert, I have fun with it from time to time.

Yesterday meditation done to complete ; today meditation and restorative yoga done.

Day 123 of consecutive exercise (D120 on 02/02).