Thank you DAREBEE

bee2

Thank you to everyone that has put together all of these resources. It's fantastic! I can only imagine how many lives you've helped for the better.

I'll be building a personalized folder of some of my favourite workouts. This helps eliminate some of the stress of putting together routines. Although I have a separated abdomen (diastasis recti) I already know how to adjust many exercises.

How often do others re-use the same workout? I'm planning to do 3x a week routine. Perhaps monthly select new workouts or do others do it more frequently?

dontmindlosing

Guardian from Ontario, Canada
Pronouns: he/him
"Challenges completed: 95/147"
Darebee is awesome. I do programs and challenges rather than individual workouts, but I have done some programs more than once. I've done hero's journey and fighter's codex three times each, I think. I'd be curious to know how often others switch up workouts too.

bee2

Darebee is awesome. I do programs and challenges rather than individual workouts, but I have done some programs more than once. I've done hero's journey and fighter's codex three times each, I think. I'd be curious to know how often others switch up workouts too.
The programs include daily workouts. It's often recommended to alternate workout and rest days, I assume the workouts are not as intense from day to day? Otherwise, how do you feel about no rest day?

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Welcome to the Hive. :hi: Enjoy.
Programmes tend to incorporate active rest days, so you generally get some kind of a lower-intensity day.
I don't tend to do individual workouts frequently - I get bored easily. :LOL: But that said, there are some I really like and I'll do them from time to time - like the katana workouts. Nothing beats waving around a sword! There are some workouts that I know I ought to do because they'll kick me out of my comfort zone and sometimes I even do them! Generally, though, I stick to programmes and challenges because I'm also lazy. :chilling:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Welcome to the Hive. :hi: Enjoy.
Programmes tend to incorporate active rest days, so you generally get some kind of a lower-intensity day.
I don't tend to do individual workouts frequently - I get bored easily. :LOL: But that said, there are some I really like and I'll do them from time to time - like the katana workouts. Nothing beats waving around a sword! There are some workouts that I know I ought to do because they'll kick me out of my comfort zone and sometimes I even do them! Generally, though, I stick to programmes and challenges because I'm also lazy. :chilling:

...You're telling me there's a katana workout? Not that I have a katana, but I should surely be able to find a pool noodle...:epicdance:

dontmindlosing

Guardian from Ontario, Canada
Pronouns: he/him
"Challenges completed: 95/147"
I assume the workouts are not as intense from day to day? Otherwise, how do you feel about no rest day?
As @TopNotch says, the programs include active rest days. Generally, every fourth day is a lighter workout, sometimes a bit of stretching, sometimes meditation. And it does seem to me that the workouts in many of the programs are less intense than individual workouts.

I think that having active rest days instead of full rest days helps me stay consistent with the exercise habit. I do Darebee every day. Darebee takes care of the intensity. I don't need to have the internal discussion about whether I really feel like working out today, so I have less risk of dropping the exercise when life gets busy. I'm at the point where not doing my daily Darebee would feel like something is missing.

Also, silly as it sounds, I'm a sucker for the profile badges for completing programs. Find what motivates you, right?

Programs vs sets of individual workouts is definitely a matter of individual preference.

Furrymama

from Ohio USA
I am new to Darebee, although I've been a lurker for years. I am doing my best to actually get into a routine of exercising and finding workouts/programs that fit my interest and level of ability at this point. All I can really do right now is walking, because I'm carrying enough excess weight that many of the "more intense" programs aren't for me at this time. I'm a little disappointed that there aren't more walking workouts/programs that just add arms or different levels of intensity to a walk. But once I am able to be more physical, then I might try more of the workouts/programs.