How long will I keep it up ?

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Montserrat @matsuriyoru @JCU @NancyTree @BetaCorvi @lpf @Fremen @Gandhalfit @TopNotch @Froud @Nightg0ddess @Anek :thanks: I still can't believe how supportive you guys are. You're a huge motivation to keep going so thank you all from the heart! :flowers:
Today I felt tired and wasn't in the mood for working out. I still had to go grocery shopping (went on foot with daughter on my back, the way back home with 20kg of food in trolley and up the hill was hard...) so there's that.
And I ran 8km tonight. And I received my fitness gloves so I tried them and I think they're magic because I did my first pull-up with more than shoulder wide grip!!! I just did the one but I'm very happy!
I also did 1 classic pull-up, 2 chins up, 10 sec flex hang and 3 negative pull-ups but at the third one my left biceps hurt really bad so I stopped. I will start Bootcamp another day. Off to some physio-related-book-reading :LOL:
Have a nice day/night bees!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Fitato @TakingBabyStepsBack @CODawn @lpf @TopNotch :thanks:
Today I had a mild headache all day long that didn't answer to painkillers or bedrest... So I decided to do my 5km run, at an easy pace, as it wouldn't be worse... And it actually helped! I then did D1 of bootcamp, core strength and 30 days of yoga. Easier and shorter than the end of hiit advanced and total abs so very nice for my mood :happy:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Runamok and @CODawn. The headache went away with the run so I didn't need anything else.
Yesterday I came home late and didn't post, but I did D2 of bootcamp, core strength and 30 days of yoga, and ran 12km.
Today was D3 of bootcamp, core strength and 30 days of yoga. Rest day from running. The virtual HM date is getting dangerously close! :float:

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Spent a beautiful day with ice cream and playground near water with the girls yesterday, then a terrible time at a barbecue running after my youngest daughter so that she doesn't throw herself in said water or near the fire, and dodging conversations objectifying women and reducing them to body parts, or focusing on sports feat in alpinism and cyclism that I know nothing about. Husband had a nice evening with one decent person and talked DandD the whole night, leaving me to focus on girls.
Felt awful the whole time and overate...
Today will be better, as we're having a (vegan) bbq but with friends that are also mine and I can hope to participate in tge conversation. I ran 8km this morning, and did D5 of bootcamp, core strength and 30 days of yoga.
I hope you all have a good day bees !

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @Montserrat and @CODawn it was really bad, but my husband made up for it the day after (breakfast in bed and he took care of the food and the daughters do I could spend time with the adults this time around) so it balanced out in the end :happy:
Today I ran 8km, did D6 of bootcamp, core strength and 30 days of yoga. Tomorrow I'll be running that virtual HM I've been preparing for 3 months. I want a change of scenery so I'll go to my parents after taking my eldest to school and they'll look after the little one while I run around their place. I don't feel stressed out this time, I just know I can do it. I just have to start running and keep doing so for a little more than 2 hours :float:

BlackButler

Witcher from Kent
"True Failure is Never Attempting"
Hey loving your thread! Keep up the amazing work and good luck :)

Snow Fox GIF by MOODMAN

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you for your encouragements @HellYeah @JCU @matsuriyoru @Nihopaloa @NancyTree @BlackButler :thanku:
These 21,1km were no joke for me, as it turns out... At 10km I started having a huge pain at every step in the region where the adductors insert themselves. As I am stubborn and had decided this would be the day I ran a HM I pushed through the pain, every km being worse than the last. I finished my race slightly limping and happy I did it. But then when I sat down to eat and the muscles cooled down, getting back up and walking was a nightmare... My parents were adorable and kept playing with my daughter while I took a bath and accompanied me to the train station as I was afraid of my capacity to look after my daughter while in transit, because of my difficulties walking.
My bike is waiting for me at the train station so it should be okay, as long as I don't stand on my right leg I feel no pain.
I guess I'll rest for a few days leg-wise and see how things evolve...
I feel stupid because it's exactly the kind of stuff my patients would do and end up in physiotherapy, feeling pain and ignoring it too much, so I should know better. Oh well. Now it's done and time will tell how I will have to handle things...
PR on distance anyway!

matsuriyoru

Ranger from Portugal
Pronouns: They/Them
"epic pussykitty working out"
I feel stupid because it's exactly the kind of stuff my patients would do and end up in physiotherapy, feeling pain and ignoring it too much, so I should know better. Oh well. Now it's done and time will tell how I will have to handle things...
well while its true that you shouldnt overdo it, don't forget that you did great! take a rest and be proud of yourself : ))

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
Can I at least say congrats on the HM @Tileenah ?

Those can be very difficult...I used to be a runner (way before Darebee), and I thought my max might be a 10K (it never got that far). So that's a heck of an achievement if you ask me.:yas:

I hope your legs recover safely. :)

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Thank you @HellYeah @JCU @Anek @BetaCorvi @matsuriyoru @Montserrat @Nihopaloa @TopNotch @TakingBabyStepsBack @PetiteSheWolf @Fremen @aku-chan @lpf @Mianevem @CODawn :love:
@matsuriyoru you're right of course and resting does help so that's good news 😊
@TakingBabyStepsBack of course you may and thank you, it is an achievement and also a point proven that I am very driven towards my objectives (which is a nice way of saying I am stubborn as hell!)
@Mianevem right? I never thought I had it in me for sports but I guess I do 😂
I rested most of the day today and it helped a lot. I still did D7 of bootcamp tonight because it was ab day so not so hard on the legs though I had to modify a bit the plank crunches because they were painful. And D7 of core strength, no problems there, and D7 of 30 days of yoga which I had anticipated would be maybe difficult but it was completely fine. Overall, only the plank crunches hurt in today's workout so I'm a bit relieved : even if I have to rest for the legs doesn't mean I have to drop everything exercises-wise.
I also walked tonight (not a lot, about two times ten minutes) and although it hurt a bit I wasn't limping so that's a win. I'll continue resting my legs as much as I can tomorrow and see how things improve.

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
Congratulations at finishing your HM!
I'm sorry for your pain :hug: I hope it'll turn out okay after some rest days. I do recognise the pushing when you set your mind on a date or distance or something, it happened more than once, I learned that reacting adequately after pushing too hard is also a big step.

Froud

Warrior Monk from Brussels
I lied your post about your half marathon, but I have not taken the time to congratulate you.
HM is hard, but it is fun at the same time. I you enjoyed it, you will soon do one every other wees (trust me).

In my experience, a good bath helps a lot to replenish yourself.