lpf's honeycomb of experiments, challenges, programs and other things for science

lpf

Rogue Posts: 285
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
Day 12... Leg Day... Yay!
20230406_112153_2.jpg20230406_112154_64.jpg

just for the fun of it....

the other two exercises I did weren't documented ;)

lpf

"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
Slam balls look fun. But that makes them all the more evil. :grab:
I once did a dedicated slam ball workout....
just slam it on the floor, grab it again and slam it down again... 20 reps EMOM for as many rounds as possible...
it was a very short workout... :muahaha:

lpf

before I will say a bit about the push day yesterday, I just want to say something...
I don't know, if you already know it, or, if you want to hear it... but I just want to say, that I really love you all.
(yeah, this old man is sometimes really sentimental)
even if I don't know you all in real life, or in person, or what you want to call it...
I love you and I am happy to be here with you.

lpf

okay, back to business...
push day

all exercises were done with 13.5kg dumbells, except for the chest press, that was done with 50kg barbell
all exercises were done with the maximum given reps, except for the first exercises, that was just the lowest rep count.... ;)
that was a nice workout...
I didn't add anything, so after like one hour, I called it a day.

Tileenah

Warrior from France
Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

Redline

DAREBEE Team
DAREBEE Team
Ninja from Marseille, France
I don't know, if you already know it, or, if you want to hear it... but I just want to say, that I really love you all.
even if I don't know you all in real life, or in person, or what you want to call it...
I guess @Kanary 's passing made us all realize that what we do here, the way we interact with one another... well, it's all very real. And meaningful. And it matters to us.

We love you too, you big old teal-coloured lego-loving crazy dude! :love:

lpf

okay... so what did I do on the weekend?
I would call it a special workout...
I had to repair a roof of an old garage... and... I am afraid of heights...
so this was a special workout, mentally and physically....
it was like 5 to 6 hours on Sunday and another 2 hours on Monday (you, I know, seasonal holidays and you have to be quite.... I promise, it was quite)

On Monday in the evening, Day... ehm.... 14... pull day....
everything done with SZ bar with 27kg, except for exercise 2 (this was replaced with body rows,,, just because I wanted to do them... next time I will do bent over rows again)
exercies 4 and 5 were done with kettlebells... (24kg each)
did I mention, that I love renegade rows?
oh and all exercises were done with the max number of given reps, except for the body rows...

NancyTree

Valkyrie from The Netherlands
before I will say a bit about the push day yesterday, I just want to say something...
:love:

lpf

oh, abs day is missing.... well... it was nice:LOL:
Those days are really rest days, really relaxing... nothing more to say ;)

yesterday, Leg day... mostly lunges and other single leg fun stuff....
except for the calves raises....
well so what did I do and how?
First exercise was lunges. Instead of two dumbells, I used my waterbag... filled with 20l of water...
this is really fun... I mean, I would call it fun.... the weight moves around on your back, while you do the lunges...
second exercise, side lunges... you guessed it, the weight moved a lot more around.... flowing water on the back
third exercise, lunge step-ups... when you lift one leg from the floor, it gets a lot more instable... so more balancing work to do...
fourth exercise, calves raises.... put the wobbly weight away, grab to 24kg kettlebells and move on...
and the last on, single leg deadlifts, again with the waterbag... well this almost kicked me on the floor...
I mean, lifting something up with just one foot on the floor already needs certain kind of balancing and now think about a weight, that is moving around...
yes, this really worked almost the whole body

after this waterbag fun stuff, I did the ease-out workout, followed by stronghold (just one set) and called it a day.

you will read about today tomorrow...

have a nice day!

lpf

Attachments

• IMG_20230413_205223_1.jpg
    IMG_20230413_205223_1.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230413_205253_1.jpg
    IMG_20230413_205253_1.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

lpf

long time no see...

well... let's start with something different...
today is a good day, as I made someone some sort of happy, and this made me happy... so I would call it a good day.

back to sports:
push-pull-legs is done and I really enjoyed it. That's the reason, why I will keep this kind of workout scheme.... but...
but I will do one week of full body workouts every 3 weeks...
so the scheme will look like this:

full-full-full-full-full-yoga-cycling
pull-abs-legs-abs-push-yoga-cycling
push-abs-legs-abs-pull-yoga-cycling
pull-abs-legs-abs-push-yoga-cycling

well, more or less like this I may perhaps switch abs and yoga/stretching/mobility days, depends on how I feel...
oh and 5 days of full body doesn't mean, I will go to failure on each day...
it's more like one longer, one short day (like I am wrath for example), one easy kettlebell day and then mix them around

so that's it so far... I will be back on Monday with the first impressions of the first full body day ;)

lpf

okay, here we go.... first day full body.... a short one...

1 round: 2 pull-ups, 2 burpees
2 rounds per 30 seconds
5 minutes -> 10 rounds in total
so all in all 20 pull-ups and 20 burpees in 5 minutes...

that's enoguh for today...

tomorrow there might be kettlebells involved... so stay tuned

lpf

swing and get-up aka simple&sinister aka fun with kettlebells

well, there we go... I did the simple and sinister kettlebell workout, means, 100 swings in 5 minutes and 10 get-ups in 10 minutes (5 each side)
for the warm-up I did goblet squats 3 sets of 5, bridges 3 sets of 5 and halos 2 sets of 5 with a 18kg kettlebell.
for the workout I used my 24kg kettlebell...
for the swings, I did a 20 seconds work 10 seconds rest scheme (yeah for Tabata!)... 10 rounds of this and I reached the 100 reps for the swings...
I did two handed swings, next time I might try single handed....
the TGU.... well, if you don't do them regularly, you feel it....
but hey, that's okay.... so TGU.... 10 minutes EMOM, changing the side every minute and I was done with everything in 15 minutes, plus like 10 minutes for the warm-up...

that's all.... nothing more, nothing less...
oh, while I was swinging, I had the idea to make a fancy looking video of me swinging... with attaching a camera to the kettlebell.... but this is something for the next time
I also thought it would be cool to do this workout outsinde during the rain.... well... don't ask my why.... but I will give it a try, when it rains...

lpf

yesterday day 3 of full body week was a crossfit wod... one of my favourites... Cindy.
Cindy is 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups and 15 squats (this is one round) for 20 minutes AMRAP...
As I haven't done this for a pretty long time, I did it a bit easier and did 10 rounds in those 20 minutes
(just for the one interested, my personal best is 17 rounds)
to be honest, those 10 rounds felt like 20... I was completely done and exhausted
but that's what I wanted..

today, day 4 of full body week... again I am Wrath...
this time, I decided to do 6 minutes instead of 5 and ended up doing 12 rounds in those 6 minutes
so 2 rounds in each of the 30 seconds...
that's it for today.... tomorrow might again contain kettlebells... so let's hope it rains :muahaha:

lpf

okay.... let me take you back in time... like 4 days back...
Friday... simple and sinister... same setup but I did 12 reps of swings in each 20 seconds... so 120 swings, 10 get-ups...

Saturday was an easy day.... I was out for a tournament of beach handball with the younger team... that was fun...
we finished as second best team and only lost one half-time (set) and the so called shoot-out againt the first place...
so I am very proud of the boys. They played a real good tournament.

Sunday was the day to be proud of myself... I was cycling.... and as everything was nice, the weather was nice, I felt really good and strong and awesome...
I decided to ride a bit longer... I started at 11am and came back home at around 5pm...
I made 104km that day, in something like 4h45min of riding time and some breaks, so that I was out for 6 hours.
It was the first time ever for me to go for 100km... this feels really cool, but I was also really exhausted and
even though I ate during the breaks and drank a lot, I was hungry for the whole Sunday and Monday morning... :muahaha:

lpf

yeah, it was really a lot and I am really happy about this... I always feared that length... I mean, it's some sort of a magic number...

lpf

okay, so on Monday.... as the full week was over, there was pull-day on the menu...
lucky me, only upper body pulling... I did the V-Taper workout and except for the pull-ups which were better a few month ago, everything was good...

yesterday I did something for the abs... the 6 minutes abs workout (I think it's called like this) and some easy mobility stuff for back and shoulders....
that's all...

today is legs day.... should work, my legs feel good again after all this cycling

lpf

Thank you all for your wishes to...for...for...to... whatever... me reaching the next level :love:

lpf

okay, so I don't know how many days are missing at the moment...

okay, so one leg day.... this went really well... tried a bit more weight for the deadlifts that day... like 90kg for 8 reps... worked really well...

the push day was crazy... I mean, you tire your triceps with like 2 or 3 exercises, before you do bench press....
sounds fun, right? the bench wasn't that good... something like 11-9-7-7 reps...

Sunday was cycling day... I think I need to do a little check-up of my bike this week... because something strange happend...
you know, I got those special bike shoes and pedals, to click in.... and it happend during the ride,
that I slipped out of the pedal and tried to click in again, but the pedal was gone...
this is a somewhat strange feeling.... so.. stop, search the pedal, remount it and go on...
but you know, it should be a good idea to test all screws before the next ride...

on Monday was push again (I sometimes switch push and pull days, just for the fun of it) this time, the bench was better... 11-11-10-10

on Tuesday I was out for a run with my older one, which was a fully desaster for me, I felt like sh*t afterwards...

Yesterday was leg day... I did the Monster Legs Workout, but halfed all the reps, as my legs still felt tired...

well... that's it so far...

lpf

okay, let's go....
Friday... Pull Day.... and on Monday also... so some body rows, some bent over rows, some curls, some renegade rows (I love them!)
and some reps of my new favourite exercise...
shrugs... shrugs are really interesting... I feel like I could easily move 50kg on each side... what does this mean? I am used to shrug? I shrug all the time?
Good Luck Charlie What GIF

I don't know... ;)

oh... Saturday... I tried my new rowing machine (I got it from a friend, who didn't want it anymore... *shrugs*
rowing is a lot of fun.... but I really thought, I would be better :muahaha:

on Sunday I took a day off, as I had to watch my older son doing his first ever 7.5k run....
he has never trained for this... but as he runs a lot during Handball training, he thought, it would be enough
It was a torch relay and his team made first place, so everything was fine and he was really proud :ss:

lpf

oh... something about yesterday I would like to add....

I had some old music playing during my workout....
the playlist was called 80s workout mix.... and it might or might not have happened, that I sang along and danced along during the rest times....