Swashbuckling Under Neon Lights in a Grimdark Futuristic City with Tons of D20s

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Froud @Anek Thanks! :welcome:

@Fremen It took me a while to find it. You have no idea how odd it is to look up for Tieflings in an Urban or a Sci-Fi setting. I'll try putting "Starfinder" on the search next.

@Nihopaloa The problem with Andreina, though, it's the same issue with Venezuelan music in general: there are times in which the tempo changes because the music itself demands it. It's impossible to make it sound precise, even more so in a part where there's a 3/4 and 6/8 going on at the same time. I remember it being so hard that my teacher had to write down a guide in my sheet so that I can do it more accurately. There's also a place where after making one final chord, it goes directly into the repetition. I've seen people playing it straight through, which is awesome, but that's a perfect place to take a breather. Without the rest, it sounds way too mechanic. I could put it on LMMS, and it will be horrible without the unwritten rest. Playing slow with a metronome gets hard when the pieces are like this.

Well now, I skipped Bootcamp because I spent the day playing VtM, and when I started working out, it was late... and then I had to go out at night, and it got later, and later, and later...

At least I got into some writing last night, and some editing too. I'll play today too, but I'll be more aware of the times, and take some breaks for it. Bootcamp doesn't take too long, thankfully.

There was some progress made with Tatiana too. Small, but progress still. Same with the Study 10. Tremolo still needs some work.

May 31st, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 127

Morning Routine:
:v: The Right Side + 10 Decline Push-ups
:v: Sól Salutation - LVL I +EC
:v: Daily Dare: 20 Sky Diver Push-ups +EC
Count: 1129 - 1125 +EC

Night Routine:
:v: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:v: Five Rites
:v: Virasana Meditation
:v: Daily Gratitude
:v: Counting Victories

Programs:
:x: Bootcamp: Day 30 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: 100 Burpees +EC
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 8 Jumping Jacks
:v: WoD: You've Got to Move It, Move It! - LVL III +Megaset
:v: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach
:x: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)
:x: 2-Minute Plank
:v: Daily Walk
:x: Shuffle Dance! (#1, #2, #3, H.A.T.E.R.)
:x: Belly Dance
Dancing Days: 10

Challenges:
:x: Epic Glutes: Day 1
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: Nifty 350
:v: Furious 500
:v: Nightcap 200
:x: News Column 900 Max

:v: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

:x: Ringworld - 40%
:x: The Colour of Magic - 48%

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Tárrega's Study 10
Carcassi's Study 2 (Op. 60)
Lauro's Andreina
Lauro's Tatiana

Others:
No sleight of hand, cardistry, or card magic
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@TheLibrarian Thanks! :welcome:

I'm into this chronicle. Playing VtM solo feels like playing Bloodlines again, and the Storyteller system is easy, even though I need to memorize a few things and remember that the numbers mean the amount of die, and not the minimal level of effect. For instance, a small pistol does 4 bashing/lethal damage. The damage type depends on the target (lethal for humans, bashing for vampires, unless it is aimed for the head). That 4 is not the actual damage, but the amount of die I have to roll for damage. So, unlike GURPS, which would state 4d (which annoys me to no end) using the damage from VtM V20, they only use the number. GURPS uses D6s, and VtM uses D10s, so I should read it as 4D10, or 4d to take the Steven Jackson way. Had it said 4D10 from the beginning I'd be ok with, because I can roll 4D10, and the amount of successes of that roll, plus the successes from the attack roll (which is Dex + Firearms) gives the actual damage the target gets before the target rolls Stamina (+ Fortitude if they have dots in Fortitude), and their successes soak any amount of damage, meaning removes the other successes. It sounds complicated, but seeing it happen it's actually way easier than it reads.

Enough of me being Pedantic. As I said, playing solo makes me feel like I'm playing Bloodlines again. And I'm using the OST to accompany me through the journey. I really want the story of this vampire to keep going. I'm working through one scene on a semi-daily basis instead of one chapter daily. I tried one chapter, but the time went very fast. Speaking of it, it happened today. I couldn't do what I wanted because Qi Gong was in the middle.

I almost fell asleep in the middle of the routine. We were through the second movement and my eyes were shutting down. My consciousness drifted to the point in which my body was doing the movements automatically. I had to wake myself up every time. First time it happens. It was good. It was good to reap some benefits from it for the mental health.

So far, so good... right?

...RIGHT?!

Yeah. Five powercuts, with the fitfth lasting one hour, and rest could've broke our appliances or electronics hadn't we plugged them off each time. Any will that I had for writing tonight is lost. Topping it all off, I am going through a mental confusion, and going over gymnastics. There are a couple of answers that I need to answer to myself, for something that has happened to me when I was 17 years old is happening again, and it's worst this time because it involves other people too... but it's the same situation. Back then, time took care of it. But today, I don't think time alone will help. My earphones died too, so I need to get some cheap new ones, and start saving up again. I'll do that tomorrow morning.

I'm in the mood for sleeping early tonight, though I'm not sure if I will. With the power problems, I might have to stay up late to get the water in. I'm just posting, and marking the night routine checked even though I haven't done it because I don't want to edit the log. I will do it before bed. If I don't, I'll mark the X tomorrow.

Any benefits that I gained for my mental health are completely void now. Thanks, government! This month is going to be quite a ride now...

How do I even stop being afraid of something bad happening when many good things are happening?

E: Such a bad day it was that it took me a week to realize I forgot to add the link to the Qi Gong!

June 1st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Lunge Punches +EC
Count: 1130 - 1126 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 30 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:x: 100 Burpees +EC
:v: DAREdice: 12 Push-ups
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Connection, Confabulation, Conversion
:x: 1 minute Uttanasana w/Toe Reach

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 1
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
First chapter of the VtM chronicle is done. It should be done in one session instead of three, but it's hard to write like this. It takes a while. Nevertheless, that story is finally taking shape, and it's getting much better than I originally viewed it as. I guess when I had the idea, I wasn't mature enough to get it, but now, the blanks are getting filled in better.

Now, it's more writing. Boring day, but there are some good news coming from the nonprofit. There will be a meeting tomorrow, so that'll be discussed. I guess I needed good news.

June 2nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes High Knees +EC
Count: 1131 - 1127 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 31 - LVL III +Megaset | Day 32
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 8 Sit-ups
:x: Daily Walk

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 2
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"

I couldn't get to do this! The time shortened out so fast today. I barely got out of Bootcamp, and that was in the middle of a powercut that lasted the entire afternoon. Aside from that, I had a worry about my phone, since it only charged up to 98%. After removing the battery, and a reboot, it charged up to 100%. It seems that the safety measure from the battery that keeps it from overcharging glitched out, so all I needed is to plug it in again, but I think a hard reboot is what the phone needed for a while. I don't really like rebooting because Android always glitches up when measuring the battery percentage.

Anyway, the meeting at the nonprofit, despite some hiccups that are usual on those meetings, went surprisingly well. It seems that we're going to play a game of politics for a bit, but everything seems to be going good. Fingers crossed. We're expecting a call from city hall now. I can't say much, but all I can say is that one major threat to us might finally be dealt with, once and for all.

I'm going to write now. I hope I do more job than yesterday. I am inspired to do so, actually.

June 3rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Elbow Clicks +EC
Count: 1132 - 1128 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 33 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 3
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:x: Nifty 350
:x: Furious 500
:x: Nightcap 200

:x: 1500 Words Daily!

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D day yesterday. I didn't post because I got busy writing last night. But there's some news: everyone agreed upon making our first characters again, but this time in Pathfinder 2e. I found out that many of the things that we want for our characters can actually be done in a less messy way on Pathfinder due to it's overwhelming customization options. When I checked out the Bastion archetype is when I realized I could make every single shieldmaiden featured in the first campaign, including my Bard. Now, I can make a Bard Shieldmaiden through different feats, and maybe taking 3 leves into fighter, but even with that, it's still not as effective as taking the entire Bastion archetype with me through progress. Taking the Viking Shieldbearer instead of the Shield Block feat, and the Warrior Muse brings pretty much all the benefits from Valor. Bring the Bastion archetype, and there we have it: a spellcasting Shieldmaiden. I also turned my Clockwork Soul Sorcerer on Pathfinder, taking the Diabolic Bloodline mostly because I like it more than the others. In my eyes, Sorcerers aren't truly unique in 5e (with the exception of the Wild Magic one), so it wasn't difficult to port. All I needed is to port the concept into Pathfinder, which was way more easier than taking the Artificer Initiate feat and the Guild Artisan backgrounds, taking the Tinker Background instead, and the Inventor Archetype, which gave me the benefits that I wanted to have originally without sacrificing levels in Sorcerer. I actually found that all of my charactters work a whole lot better in PF2e than D&D 5e due to how specific they are. The only exception is my Urban Fantasy Bard. I haven't looked up how to port College of Creation into PF2e, but if I find out, I might build her in to see. Dusk Veil is a thing too. From that campaign, the hardest ones to build into Pathfinder are her and our Monk / Warlock, and the latter would probably take the Hacker archetype from Dusk Veil, though I don't think he'd like to take the Witch archetype. The Fighter and the Artificer can easily switch systems, since the Fighter is a Gunslinger, and the Artificer is an Inventor that will also take the Hacker archetype because of her concept.

So yeah, we carried on with the Urban Fantasy campaign, with the promise of going over Pathfinder 2e next, with our first characters, onto a quick campaign in which we go from 0 to 20 in four sessions (we'll just constantly level up to get through so that we can get other games running). I had no idea how much all of us missed this campaign because everyone was into it. It got to the point in which the Gunslinger, during roleplay, said something that just broke me into a laughter, and it took me around ten minutes to calm down and continue. The... "dungeon" (let's be honest, everything in TTRPGs are dungeons, even houses) went smoothly by telling them where to go, even though Monk / Warlock got stuck in a couple of places. I didn't prepare much. I just let the dice roll the amount of baddies inside the dungeon by first seeing how discreetly the players tracked down the baddies (which was average), and then rolled a certain number of D6s, D8s and D4s as they took decisions. Probably the fastest dungeon we've ever played, so I'm going to play it as such again, instead of railroading them through every single room, like I pretended to. It's the videogame player in me that wants to explore every single spot of a dungeon that gets me to that.

So yeah, a good lesson on improvisation yesterday. I'm going to do that again, and again, and again, since everything went smoothly. In fact, I did something even bolder: I didn't use stat blocks. At least not 100%. I just used the concept from those creatures, took a look from the stat block, and instead of writing down, memorizing it, taking a screenshot, whatever, I simply went with my gut and use the only three numbers that I needed: HP max, AC, and DEX modifier. I already memorized the damage that some of the D20 Modern's guns do. I'll make sure to shave off some time from prepping when homebrewing creatures by instead stealing a stat block from an existing creature instead of making a new one. I'll make a new one when it is necessary. It's all about mechanics, and I can increase or decrease those numbers mid-game. See? I'm becoming a better Game Master. It only took me a year and three months, and two other systems (Pathfinder and Storyteller) to figure all of this out.

June 4th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds One Arm Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1133 - 1129 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Bootcamp: Day 34 - LVL III
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 4
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
A video fell on my hands today that actually streamlined my venture. Tomorrow I'll be taking the smallest downtime that I have to watch it again, take up some notes, and figure a good plan. And I'm saying the smallest downtime because I need to go out in the morning, and it's going to be a long walk. If there are Burpees tomorrow, it'll be because the dice said it, and not on my own volition.

I also listened again to Cells after such a long time, and realized that I need to read and watch the Sin City franchise again, since it is quite a big influence in everything that I do. And I mean everything. Stories, drawings, music, you name it. Noir is my jam. It might also be a good idea to watch Drive and other neon-noir films again. Plus, I have to read The Art of War again, and that's easy. Even though I have the book with me, I can just pop up the book on Eudaimonia's channel, and listen to everything with the examples. I believe my copy of the book has more things written in it, though; I can't be sure. It was only once that I read the book while listening, and the memory of that is blurry.

But yeah, I need to have some ground. Writing is all well and good, but I need to cover more things. And since I am going with Pathfinder 2e, I'm ditching 5e for good when writing with dice. The way Pathfinder works makes it more proper for writing Urban Fantasy with dice, and I don't have to worry about overwhelmingly broken characters after the 10th level. Plus, I can add some Starfinder to the mix should the need for sci-fi arise. That leaves me with GURPS, Pathfinder 2e, and a modified V20 Storyteller. The mods I added to V20 are these:

• Convictions and touchstones were added as free backgrounds.
  • Blood potency and hunger die.
  • The "Domain" background was replaced with "Haven," leaving "Domain" as a Coterie statistic instead (which, as the ST, I keep track of).
  • Elements from the Composture attribute were added into Appearance.
  • Elements from the Resolve attribute were added into Perception, pretty much requiring it to be renamed "Focus" instead.
  • Criticals are a thing, and with them, Messy Criticals and Bestial Failures.
  • Willpower works RAW in V20, but it's impossible to get a critical. Does not work with Combat Maneuvers.

Those are pretty much my home rules too now.

Aside from that, the only hiccup that I found with Pathfinder is that I thought I'd be having troubles with making godless Clerics, but then I realized that Pathfinder 2e Clerics must have a deity IF they are in the Golarion setting. And, as I stated before, for the purposes of the mechanics of the game, I can just take any Deity, and change the name to match it with the Deity that suits those stats from my homebrew setting, or even the Ideal, shall they be godless. It's all about flavor, and since I'm writing pretty much solo games, I can just change stuff up in the interest of entertainment. I don't have to be too rules focused when I'm just writing with dice. Speaking of which, I am almost done editing something that I did with that, though it was more rolling dice to have some events happen. Everything was randomized, and it was up to me to organize it. There was a lot of editing, as usual, but not much in adding some stuff. And I think I have to remove some more.

Anyway, there were tons of Burpees today. And I managed to do the WoD... two days later. But better late than sorry.

Not adding another day, though. I didn't focus on actual combat, but rather have fun with it. Monkey! is a very fun workout.

June 5th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Knee-to-elbow +EC
Count: 1134 - 1130 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 34 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
40 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
30 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Push-ups
:v: Monday +EC
:v: Monkey! - LVL III +No rest between sets +Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 5
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I'm establishing a schedule and a fallback plan to keep myself writing. The fallback mostly works for powercuts, so that I can keep working without electricity. It might not be the WIP, but it's still work.

I'm following the steps from the video, and already had some ideas for the future. Girlfriend already pulled my hair, telling me to focus on the first steps first, and worry about it later. I don't know if she watched the video, but that was also in there too. Establishing working hours will help me, and since I'm going to work with very short stuff first, I don't mind. I already established one specific day to work with the long stuff. Plus, I'll be switching Animedoro and Reverse Animedoro back and forth, since they've been very effective for me, which gives me an excuse to keep working out. Those 20 minutes break work perfectly for Bootcamp, or even squeezing a workout at LVL I without rest. Heck, I can do a day of 10 and Epic 5, and still have time to spare in one break, with either Animedoro and Reverse Animedoro. And, as I said, I'm choosing those two because they were quite effective me: both helped me to go through university on my most stressful papers, especially Reverse Animedoro. It still brings me back to that time in drawing class in which I completed a drawing in an hour because I had stuff to do that day, and the teacher noticed that I work great under pressure with shorts amount of time.

I don't think this will rob me the joy of writing either. In fact, since I established a schedule of a 32-hour workweek, I took two days off: Sundays and Tuesdays. I favored those two because those days are the ones in which I'm the busiest. One is TTRPG day, the other one is guitar class. Mondays and Thursdays I'll work half hours instead of the full hours. But since I'm my own boss, I can just add and remove hours whenever I need. And if I don't have any ideas, I still have a lot of tables I can roll and generate a plot. Funny enough, I wasn't supposed to write today, but something happened, and it got me inspired to make a fake news article that already developed into a good Murder Mystery I can work with in the future. The article turned out creepy and outrageous, to the point that it can be a story in my VtM chronicle. This story won't be a solo game, though. The group would probably love this adventure.

And about the power situation... well, I grabbed a notebook. Since I'll be working with shorts for now, I figured I can write in there some flash fiction, even when I have to go out. I'll just have to carry it with me at all times. Nothing weird about it. I used to carry a notepad before.

Lots of walking today, so no Burpees. There will be Burpees tomorrow, I hope.

E: Wrong date.

June 6th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Clamshells +EC
Count: 1135 - 1131 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 35 - LVL III +Megaset | Day 36
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 6
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:
:v: News Column 900 Max

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
The plan hold up, but there were some hiccups that forced me to write at this hour. Some stuff was easy to come up with, while other stuff was very hard. In fact, I rewrite the same story four times before I finally came up with a good idea. But the hiccups weren't precisely just difficulties with writing, though distractions were quite a thing. It was, in fact, what Tim Ferriss called on his book "Time Vampires." However, I'm not mad at it at all. I earned some beer money by making a minor fix to a laptop. I just had to deal with some Windows hiccups (yeah, Windows 10 sucks so bad. I'm glad 8.1 was my last before I made the switch to Linux), change the password, and install LibreOffice on it. The longest part was installing LibreOffice because my Internet didn't want to cooperate.

I managed to do everything, although it took me longer than it should have. And I went back to writing.

Tomorrow I'll go at it 4 hours, and any other hour I spend writing will be overtime. So, overall, today was... fine, it was ok, it was good enough. I worked my way to 2K words, and right now I'm on my way to 3K, so it's pretty much the Stephen King move. Animedoro has certanly helped. If I'm getting way too distracted, I'll switch to Reverse Animedoro, though.

I don't do classic Pomodoro (20 min, 5 min break) because 5 minutes isn't enough for me to reboot my brain. Already tried, and failed miserably.

June 7th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Shoulder Taps +EC
Count: 1136 - 1132 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 37 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 10 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 7
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Now, it was difficult to work today. I had a lot of interruptions, and I mean, a lot. So I decided to prep for Sunday instead. And then, when I decided to do some work to kill time since I finally stopped being interrupted, the power went out. I thought about keep working without power, but Qi Gong practice was so close that I decided to not do anything.

Right now, I finished some of the things that I couldn't finish yesterday, and still have some time left to do something more. I'm checking all the stuff that I've done to see what can I edit, and get ready for publishing. Other than that, I just did Qi Gong, walked, and the rest that's below... No Burpees. No time for them. There will be Burpees tomorrow, though.

June 8th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Elbow Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1137 - 1133 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 38 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Wake Up, Feel Good +EC
:v: Ba Han Sheng Qi Gong: Connection, Confabulation, Conversion
:v: DAREdice: 20 Sit-ups
:v: Hamstring Stretch - 1 minute each stretch (+1 minute per side)

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 8
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
@Nihopaloa AntiX Linux. I have a ThinkPad T60, so AntiX seemed to be the better fit, and it runs so much better than when it was bought. I used to have Lubuntu, but dropped from it once they removed support from 32-bit system, and my Desktop, which was a 64-bit system, broke.

For those who come from Windows, Linux Mint is what people usually recommend. Personally, my relationship with Mint is a Love/Hate one, mostly because it's so bloated that I might just install Windows instead (hence I chose Lubuntu). Zorin OS is also a good choice. And to avert the Arch army, my girlfriend personally uses EndevourOS as a daily driver, though she's leans more towards Arch-based distros while I am more towards Debian-based distros, which are the ones I talked about before.

If you consider Pop_OS!, though, be cautious. Last I knew, Pop_OS! was very unstable, and it would require reinstalls whenever you'd like to install a piece of software.

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
Ooh, I once tried AntiX in a Virtual Machine, no idea why I wasn't convinced.
I had Linux running on a few laptops, mostly MX Linux and now, on my Thinkpad, EndeavourOS, as well (send my regards to your girlfriend :LOL:)
The funny thing is: I only have problems with Ubuntu-based distros. Somehow, they never work satisfactory in my home, if I can get them installed at all. No problem at a VM at work, but not at home. I tried Zorin once, but the installation always failed.

Honestly, I'm leaning towards Endeavour on my desktop, too, because I want a rolling release, probably Arch-based, but I don't like Manjaro and Arch itself is... I don't know. So probably Endeavour. I never had Linux on a "real" working system that would also be used for gaming, so I'm still pondering.

And I'm always interested in what others use, hence my question. Thank you for taking the time to reply :flowers:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Interesting time to have a powercut. Almost midnight. Thankfully, it was only 20 minutes. Someone cursed the president on the street, screaming it at the top of his lungs. That's unfortunate. Because it should've been me doing it.

It was difficult to write today, I guess. Maybe having so many hours isn't productive, because I got tired quite easily, despite the fact that I'm almost done with a couple of pieces. I may have to either rework the schedule or what I work with, but so far, there's been progress. Maybe I should introduce more variety to it too.

Anyway, I played the guitar today, and it was quite out of the blue to do so. It was just Study 10, partially, because I didn't really have much time, and my nails are broken, so both the sound and my agility aren't good.

Did some more prep work for D&D, which I'll finish tomorrow. I just need a filler and an excuse to have a story. It's not like I don't have any idea. In fact, I have the entire arc written. It's just that there's quite the blank space on time before the story carries on, and I'd like to see what the table does to move the story forward. At the end of the day, the side plot that's going behind the scenes will pretty much be the next arc... but I'll save that arc for later.

June 9th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Single Leg Bridges +EC
Count: 1138 - 1134 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 39 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest +Rest between levels
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:x: DAREdice: Unrolled

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 9
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Some guitar...

Others:
No math
No Python

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
@Nihopaloa I bought two laptops for my parents with Ubuntu and in the end they like it, it's reasonably simple to use and by installing only long support distributions they don't find themselves having to change everything every few times as with windows.
I have been using Xubuntu for years, it has a simple interface, you can configure it graphically as you want and it is fast and you have a large community for any problem however strange :)

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Unfortunate day, with lots of interruptions. There's a fuel crisis going on in the country that started for a few days, and the line for the gas station reaches my house, and beyond. A friend who's more isolated asked me if the people have knocked on my door to use the toilet. The line seems to go further and further. I won't be surprised if it goes as far that it's closer to a gas station at the other edge of town than the one station they are going for. When I went to walk, the numbers were by the thousands already, and it keeps growing.

This means the country is paralized. But that's not the unfortunate part.

The unfortunate part is that I had a lot of interruptions today, so I didn't advance much in my writing. Then, there was a powercut, to which I slept through instead of working. And, currently, it is a mood to get out of the house, pick a spot somewhere in the line, and play the guitar for a bit. What if someone films me? I have a facemask, so I don't care. But it'll be good publicity to see if anyone gets interested in classes. I'm tempted to do it, but I am not sure whether I'll do it. I can go to the roof too, but then no one will listen. And my nails are broken, so it'll be difficult too...

D&D was cancelled at the last minute... again... There's a possibility of being uncancelled, but I don't count too much on it. Maybe it'll be a work day to compensate some of the things that I couldn't do? Or I'll just have a day off and play Solo VtM instead.

E: Quick addendum, the only writing that I managed to do today was session prep.

E: Forgot to tick off another Kickboxing day.

June 10th, 2023
Kickboxing: Day 128

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Vrksasana +EC
Count: 1139 - 1135 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 40
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Fight Back - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels +Kiai
:v: DAREdice: 4 Push-ups, 16 Full Burpees
:v: 2-Minute Plank

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 10
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
No D&D, no problem. I played Solo VtM today.

So, it was a day off, and a day to carry on with my chronicle... I'm doing it this way because I don't want to fall out of love with writing in the same way I did with music: I put way too much into it. So, playing solo is not only a way to keep myself writing, but also to have a break, to not care about things, and to have complete and total fun. I mean, I had my vampire fighting a ghoul today that almost kicked her ass. The rolls were so hilarious, and even with one dot in Fortitude, she tanks quite a lot of damage. I didn't exactly built her for combat with the purpose for developing her character more towards that, and the dice are already telling that she can take a beating. I did play her prologue, and without fortitude, she also tanked a lot of damage.

Hunger's at three right now, and she has 6 blood points left. There's one Bashing wound. The other three wounds were from Lethal damage, and I spent three blood points (with three rouse checks) to heal it after combat. I didn't cure the Bashing damage because that goes away in time. But she kept the Beast at bay throughout the session. I figured she would have to do a Frenzy check at the end of combat, and succeeded. Nevertheless, her Hunger went up during heals, failing two out of three Rouse checks. Combining the Hunger mechanic with the Blood Pool makes it for quite a hardcore game.

Tomorrow, half-time. I'll be finishing some stuff, adding it up to the qeue, and generating something new. I'll probably handwrite too. I have no idea what to write, but it doesn't matter. If anything, I'll roll the dice. Already have a few tables on my phone.

E: Bootcamp wrong day.

June 11th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Supergirl Stretch Hold +EC
Count: 1140 - 1137 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 41 - LVL III +No rest between sets
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 20 Squats
:v: 2-Minute Plank

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 11
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
My day got cut short, so I had to go to sleep very early because I had to wake up early today. No night routine.

I also took it as a day off. Today, I do feel like writing. Yesterday, I wasn't at my best. But I got things done.

Not much to be said. I don't feel good today. Just trying to keep my dysphoria to the edge. It doesn't help that I borrowed a book to help me grow personally. Two chapters in, and I'm already struggling with gender dysphoria, as I identified many people in my life that, indirectly, put me in the wrong path, and nowdays are an obstacle towards my transition and growth.

June 12th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 High Crunches +EC
Count: 1141 - 1137 +EC

Night Routine:
:x: Mani Salutation - 1 Set
:x: Five Rites
:x: Virasana Meditation

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 42 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Epic Cardio - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: DAREdice: 16 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 12
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
There's not much for me to say other than it was a rainy day. I still went out to walk. I did not do Burpees, though. I was tempted to it, but I still had DOMS from Fight Back. I'm feeling much better now. This is what you get when you go all out, screaming and using all of your strength in your body. I might do another combat workout like that soon.

Nothing written. Mostly reading this book, and sleeping. Let's say it was an active rest day, considering that Bootcamp was a thing... And I'm also lying. I just wrote an outline so that I don't forget it, and tomorrow, I'll do some editing and start working on that. I hope to have more time, since I moved the guitar class from today for tomorrow. Gas problems.

June 13th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 5 Minutes Raised Arms Hold +EC
Count: 1142 - 1138 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 43 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 4 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 13
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, I didn't think I could have my time taken from me, but it turns out I was wrong. Every single time I tried to edit, there was a powercut. I had to leave it at 90% before ragequitting and deciding to leave it for the end of the day, because the day got busier, and busier, and busier...

And right when I was very close to the time where I would have some time to finally end everything, and finish my work, guess what happened. Yes, a powercut, and an electric storm to boot.

So yeah, that's why I didn't post. That's why I killed the night routine. And that's why I didn't do Bootcamp. It's a miracle that I managed to workout at all.

It was 9:30 PM, and the power went back at 12:30 AM. Even though the storm was soothing, it's uncomfortable to sleep slapping your body, or worst, having high pitched buzzing in your ears because the mosquitoes, if they don't love legs, they sure love to sing directly in your ears. Even in cold nights, everyone sleeps with their fan on because of it. I've had dengue fever before, and I swear, I would rather catch a sore throat and a severe cold rather than dengue fever. At least I can work out with them. Dengue fever, though? Yeah, forget about getting out of bed for months. And then there's the daily blood tests to keep track of the platelets...

It sucked, man. Yesterday sucked big time. And I probably won't write today either. I woke up late, and I already wasted the morning doing errands. I just finished doing the DD, and that's it. I still have stuff pending, and we have Qi Gong late on the afternoon...

Man, this week has sucked so bad...

June 14th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Side Jacks +EC
Count: 1143 - 1139 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Bootcamp: Day 44
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: Wednesday - LVL III +EC +Rest between levels
:v: DAREdice: 16 Squats +1 Kg Dumbbells

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 14
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I knew it. I knew I wasn't going to write yesterday.

And I went to bed really tired. Stressful day, with many errands to run. I overslept, and catched up on sleep, and...

Yeah, everything fell apart. The good news is that I'll be having more time today. Now, I think it's time to use it more wisely.

June 15th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Crunch Kicks +EC
Count: 1144 - 1140 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 44
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Lazy Abs - LVL III

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 15
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
At this point, I am not sure whether it is a rain issue or it's the people in charge. Five hours without power in the middle of the day, right when I was in the middle of working. Then, another powercut that could've been just as long at the evening. Even though I slept through the first, it was quite annoying. I didn't go out to walk because of the rain.

It's still raining now. I said it before, I don't mind the rain. It's the consequences of the rain that are annoying. I'm surprised to see that there's not flood everywhere, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Last year, the floods didn't happen on June.

At least I'm glad today is a cold day.

June 16th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Plank Arm Raises +EC
Count: 1145 - 1141 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 45 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest +Rest between levels
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: So Far So Good - LVL III +No rest between sets
:x: DAREdice: 8 Full Burpees, 16 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 16
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Suddenly, I am making my first piece for guitar?

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, it was a better day today, although my schedule was a bit... chaotic, to say the least. I have two stories ready for proofwriting, one is being edited, and right now I'm writing three that revolve around the same subject. I am posting right now because tomorrow is D&D day. No cancelling at the last minute, it's all good now.

It could have been much better, but I'm taking my victories today. Still a rainy day, but it wasn't as bad as yesterday. I still didn't go out to walk because of it, and I skipped the Burpees because I wanted to focus on writing today. I'm glad I did.

June 17th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 15 Tricep Extensions +EC
Count: 1146 - 1142 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 46 - LVL III +30 Seconds Between Levels | Day 47 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 4 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 17
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D / Pathfinder day. The session went so quick that we decided to play a Pathfinder dungeon against a couple of Kobolds. It ended up with a TPK because we didn't have any heals. The Druid was built for combat instead.

Not much of an interesting day, really. I just had fun, and pretty much didn't work out. I didn't write today, so yeah. That'll be fixed tomorrow, since Sundays are my day off.

June 18th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 Seconds Single Leg Hops +EC
Count: 1147 - 1143 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 48
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 18
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Two stories on the way. I proofread them all, and they are good to go now. My main issue now is the title of the other one. I can't figure it out just yet. I'll probably stick with the filename, but I don't really like that as the title...

There are more stories on qeue. I need to keep editing another one, and start the edit on the other. Two extra first drafts are on the way too. I'm slightly delayed, but I'm not really that worried about it. Once I'll find my rhythm, it'll get easy. The last time I failed because I found myself on a block, and I created a series that eventually got stuck because I was brute forcing it all the way through. Not going to happen again. I have dice and I have Calc. I can either look for tables or make my own. If I can't brainstorm new ideas, I'll generate them randomly. After all, the main story of the VtM one-shot that I planned out was rolled. Funny enough, that story is a good bridge to kickstart the first story for the chronicle, once I get it on the table.

Speaking of it, right now, I am having confused feelings. My intentions with my first D&D campaign was to play Skyrim coop, but with a better constructed plot. But instead of using the TES universe, or going for one of the official settings, I made up my own. That's good, because it forced me to make a TES-like world (you know, medieval fantasy, with lore that is always counterdicting itself due to cultural differences, lack of evidence, censorship, and stuff), something that I've always wanted to do... Obviously, I brute forced my way through it, going through old ideas, recycling them, and managed to come up with something half-decent that, right now, I am in a very huge need to fix. Besides, I was very new to this. Frankly, I'm still new, and learning. And being a new GM and all I didn't realize that the mechanics were simply that: mechanics. Stat blocks for a creature could simply be copied and pasted into another creature. Maybe change a feat to fit thematically. I've seen this recently when I found that, banning a couple of feats or reflavoring them, and adding a few things, I could make the Guild Wars' Sylvari race into Pathfinder 2e using the Leshy mechanics. That's one example that comes at the top of my head, and I've done this in my last few sessions in the Urban Fantasy campaign. Some stat blocks I've partially memorized, and only buffed them on the table out of convenience. In fact, last session had an Adult Black Dracolich as a boss fight, and I didn't need to learn its numbers to make out whether it saves against a spell or it doesn't. I needed to memorize the speed, and the AC. The attacks, I wrote them down. The DC for its Acid Breath... Yeah, I made it on the spot so that I didn't need to look out on the stat block. Not only it made the fight more fun, but also made the job easier.

Gary Gygax said it best: “The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.” I'm applying that into writing too, along with Raymond Chandler's “in writing a novel, when in doubt, have two guys come through the door with guns;” a solid advice that I found on a ST guide for VtM.

Lessons learned. Were not for them, I wouldn't be giving a second try to write and publish constantly.

But why am I rambling about this?

Because I am confused! THIS exists. Do you have any idea how much time that would've saved me from prepping the first game? The fact that I'm finding about this homebrew now is making me scream internally, and I can't stop. When I started, I wanted to make it coop TES from the get go, and now, after the first campaign ended, I'm finding out about this? I want to cry. I'm not ditching any work that I've done, but it feels like it was all for nothing.

Nevertheless, my players are in love with the universe I've created. And, to be real, I like it too. It's just that I'm baffled that there's already a TES campaign setting, and I'm finding about it now. I honestly want to cry. Forgive me if I'm being dramatic, but this is a plot twist I was not ready for today.

June 19th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 3 Minutes Wall-Sit +EC
Count: 1148 - 1144 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 49 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 8 Lunges, 4 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 19
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I confess that Epic Glutes feels a bit on the way. I ended up putting it as part of my night routine because I can't figure out when to do it. I noticed that I've been putting it off at the end of the day, so I honestly can't wait until the month is over. Bootcamp, though, I'm not sure. It doesn't get in the way, unless it's a Sunday.

But anyway, day off. I spent it writing the next session, prepping for a low-fantasy swashbuckling Pathfinder game taking place during the XVIII century's half of the Golden Age of Piracy, mostly upon the coasts of Venezuela. Already brushed up on some history and wrote down the settlements on the Island that'll serve as the main hub, though I can't tell whether Juan Griego, Porlamar, or Pampatar should be our main city hub. Those three cities are coastal, old enough, and they've been raided by pirates back in the day, especially Pampatar, which was destroyed more than once. I don't know which historical figures to put, but I know it'll be after Jack Rackham and Mary Read died. I know someone is making a Witch, but I don't know about the rest. I'm not willing to participate; my Swashbuckler will be an NPC because I am using that setting for a solo campaign. I wrote a story before, but I lost it due to that computer breaking. Even though the files are salvageable, I still want to redo it, not to make it longer, but to make it more fun. After all, everything that I jotted down it's still in my head, and everything feels like TTRPG plot hooks. It should be known that I started writing that a year before we made up our TTRPG group.

Other than that, I've been prepping for my next D&D session. This one, and the next one are the ones left out of this arc, and afterwards, I'll be doing mostly Pathfinder 2e. I need to finish the Tiefling campaign, though. I don't want to drop it just like that; I just want to finish it, and finish it well. I've learned from my mistakes, and I can still salvage it. Deep down I know I can salvage it. And my players know that too. They want to keep playing that campaign; they love their characters as much as I love them. I don't want to convert that campaign to Pathfinder 2e because it'll mean to use both Pathbuilder and paper as support, something that only two of us are ok with it. Besides, I don't want to remove the spellcasting from my Paladin when turning her into a Champion. I could make her a Cleric and use the Champion Archetype, of course, or make her a Champion with the Cleric Archetype, but... why would I complicate myself to do that when 5e is perfect as it is? It worked so far with the rest of the characters too. In fact, the Bard would be the best to convert because the Inventor Archetype would benefit her much more than the Artificer multiclass. The Sorcerer would lose a lot of things that he's earned, and the Rogue... The player is having fun with the Phantom, so yeah, I won't convert to Pathfinder 2e. Not this campaign, though. It's already perfect as it is.

The same deal with the Urban Fantasy campaign. I don't want to lose Mote of Potential and Animating Peformance, and changing the Monk / Warlock would be a huge hassle since he needs to get two archetypes: Dusk Veil's Hacker Archetype, and the Witch Archetype. That's what you get when using Ghost in the Machine as the Patron. The Artificer, again, would be much better as Inventor, but she would still need the Hacker Archetype to do the majority of things that she does. The only one that's the easiest is the Fighter. He's a Gunslinger, and Mercer made the Gunslinger converting it from Pathfinder, so the switch wouldn't be drastic. My Bard would fit too, but, again, I don't want to lose Mote of Potential. It's the thing that keeps helping my party, even though I have to constantly remember them to expend the die because it'll grant them good benefits.

Last session I didn't spend any Bardic Inspiration, though. I used Animating Performance on my motorcycle instead, and ordered it to run over some baddies. It was really funny to slam it against the Dracolich only to get it stuck after failing the attack roll.

June 20th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Lunge Punches +EC
Count: 1149 - 1145 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 50 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 8 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 20
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitar class. Also practicing Guitarra Larense because I committed myself to support an event

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, I thought I'd be working more, but nope. It was a beautiful day anyway. No rain, just a long day. Dusk was very pretty, and quite late too, at least for us. At 8 PM it was finally dark.

Summer Solstice... I don't really have anything to add. The summer begun, and it was a beautiful day...

Unlike today, which started with a powercut that lasted until half an hour ago. And there's a storm right now. No Qi Gong.

June 21st, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Single Leg Bridges +EC
Count: 1150 - 1146 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 51 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
50 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Jumping Jacks

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 21
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitarra Larense at 10%

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
No writing today. Not even guitar playing. As the matter of fact, due to the powercut, I ate horrible, so I wasn't feeling good at all...

I did my workouts, though. That left me exhausted. Even more so because I had to spend the night busy with the water, and by the time I could write, my brain went derp. Instead, I just read some D&D rules, and created a party to play solo and figure out some stuff.

It was kind of a meh day. The rain forced us to skip Qi Gong too.

June 22nd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Balance Leg Swings +EC
Count: 1151 - 1147 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 52
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: WoD: Hello, Abs! - LVL III +Megaset
:v: DAREdice: 12 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 22
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope. Still stuck at 10% of Guitarra Larense

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Well, yesterday was a pretty tough day to write. Mom is sick, Wi-Fi was pretty janky, I'm still taking that song from the cuatro to the guitar, and my upcoming session is still a pressing matter. I haven't put things on paper yet (because I don't want to switch between apps on my phone), and not even edited the entire thing that was actually on the urge of editing.

I'm taking today off. If I didn't do any progress yesterday, I won't be making any progress today. I'll focus on D&D. Guitarra larense is for next week, and I can finish that in six days. All I need is to fix one change from chords, and then I'll put the voice to accompany.

To be honest, I hate that song is called Guitarra Larense, and not a single soul even dared to arrange that to guitar. It's only voice and cuatro. But I should be fair and say that the cuatro is literally the guitar from Lara (I don't think I can translate "larense" to English) since it originated on the city of El Tocuyo. And considering that the majority of the first generation of Venezuelan guitarists are from here, and the guitar school was pretty much born here, why hasn't anyone arranged that song for the fingerstyle guitar is beyond my head. Maybe it is a job for me, now that I think about it...

June 23rd, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 2 Minutes Chest Expansions +EC
Count: 1152 - 1148 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 53 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest +Rest between levels
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 10 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 23
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Guitarra Larense at 20%

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
I didn't write today. I spent the day finishing prep for tomorrow, which honestly was more about transcribing stuff to paper rather than prepping. I just don't want to switch between apps and bog things down... and there's plenty of paper that I have.

Everything's ready. I skipped the Burpees because that ate my entire afternoon, plus I had to do a lot of errands, and chores. If it were just the two of us, I wouldn't mind it much, but when mom gets sick, the unmentioned toxic family member gets... very intense, to the point in which I feel as sick as mom. Thankfully I don't have to deal with this bullcrap tomorrow now that there's D&D, and maybe a random Pathfinder dungeon, if the other GM doesn't have anything ready. Whether it is with my Thaumaturge, or with a Luthier Bard, I don't know... Yeah, I had the idea of a Luthier Bard for quite a long time now... It's simple, really: just take the Guild Artisan background in 5e, or the Artisan background in PF2e. In 5e, the Artisan's Tools must be fitting to the type of musical instrument they build. In my case, since it is stringed wooden instruments like lutes, lyres, and fiddles, Carpenter's Tools... The PF2e Bard, though... I'm not sure if I should take the Inventor Archetype or something similar, or not. I don't think I will for that Luthier Bard.

June 24th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Knee-to-elbows +EC
Count: 1153 - 1149 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 54 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 16 Push-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 24
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Nope. Guitarra Larense at 20%

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
D&D / VtM day. I'm putting those because, as soon we were over with D&D, I did a VtM combat to teach the group about the rules.

D&D was bad, not going to lie. Way too many baddies of different types, and they all had high Initiative rolls, while the players had them very low. I'm not doing that again next session, though.

No workouts today, other than what's been marked. Mom is starting to feel better, but I'm not sure if I'm getting sick next. I feel my throat very dry, oddly enough.

June 25th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Side Plank Hold +EC
Count: 1154 - 1150 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:x: Bootcamp: Day 55
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 4 Push-ups

Challenges:
:x: Epic Glutes: Day 25
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
It's going to be a hard week.

Mom is getting better, but now I'm the one catching her cold. Girlfriend is going through a rough patch. Toxic family member is getting us crazier...

Had it not been for books and TTRPGs, I'd probably go crazy too. My imagination is having a lot of activity, for everything TTRPG to carry on with the stuff that I've left frozen, plus getting things forward.

The problem is Saturday, though. I still need to practice, something that I didn't do yesterday, as I catched up with my workouts. I don't even know if I'll have it ready for Saturday, but that's when I'm supposed to play. I mean, it's my fault, really. I don't like having to know about this unless it's a month prior because of things like this, but since it was only just doing cords and not doing an entire arrengement or something, I figured I could do it. But, you know, no one knows when to get sick.

Hopefully I'll get it done. For now, I want to get rid of what's inside my head.

I didn't write yesterday. I had to be emotionally present everywhere, and by the time I wanted to write, my mind was blank, and I needed to sleep.

June 26th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 40 Leg Raises +EC
Count: 1155 - 1151 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 55 - LVL III +Megaset | Day 56
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Pacer - LVL III +EC
:v: DAREdice: 16 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 25 | Day 26
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:

Others:
No math
No Python

Last edited:

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Tuesday, and I wasted it. I don't have anything else to say.

June 27th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Squats +EC
Count: 1156 - 1152 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 57 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: WoD: Arms & Soulders - LVL III +Megaset
:v: DAREdice: 10 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 27
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Not much to say either. I got told that I should take Saturday as an opportunity to... "promote myself."

How can I tell people that I'm too much of a reclusive artist to be comfortable about showing my face? Besides, I am not excited about promoting myself through music when I've been already slowly coming back to writing last week. This week killed my momentum; too many issues, and I hate to be sick for this.

June 28th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 30 High Crunches +EC
Count: 1157 - 1153 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 58 - LVL III +30 Seconds Rest
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 20 Lunges

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 28
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Ok, I'll post early because I want to write. I spent the entire day focusing exclusively on guitar, even if the power went out in the most critical moment during practice, but I feel very confident that I pushed through a lot in the piece. Now, I want to reward myself for it, and I'll finish the other part tomorrow.

It is just as easy as I thought it would be. It's just that... whatever happened at the beginning of the week, it corrupted me. I didn't go to Qi Gong today due to rain and the fact that I'm still sick, and I pretty much skipped working out, but I did something. And tomorrow, I'll finish it in time. I'm half-way through the piece now, so it is time to focus on perfecting some changes, and practicing with voice. I am pinning it, I should make an arrangement of this song, because it is unfair that this song is not for guitar, and there's "guitar" right there in the title. It's a sin.

I will not do that for clout. I'll do it to right a wrong. And if I have to record myself, then I'll cover my face.

June 29th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 50 Side Kicks +EC
Count: 1158 - 1154 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: Day 59 - LVL III +Megaset
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
:v: DAREdice: 4 Sit-ups

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: Day 29
Bucket List:
Everest
Warrior Arms

Writing progress:

Reading progress:

Art progress:
Nope

Music:
Interruptid on the most critical part due to a powercut. Guitarra Larense at 50%

Others:
No math
No Python

Sólveig

"Ars longa, vita brevis"
Going to bed early, as I took a medication, so I'll be skipping the Night Routine.

On the other hand, I finished the song, and I have it ready. It's the first time in such a while in which I truly enjoy the song, as I heard the lyrics and pictures everything that is symbolic to my home town. It could be nostalgic, but it doesn't have that sadness or sorrow that nostalgia has. It's more about pride and love to a place where men has screwed up many of the good things it is mentioned in the song. Thankfully, though, men can't get us rid from our beautiful sunsets.

Bootcamp, finished. Epic Glutes, finished. I'm still sick, and there's cough now. It isn't as violent as my mom's, but it's there. Is not a constant, I rarely coughed throughout the day. The problem is that I lost my voice at one point and recovered it by coughing, and I end up coughing whenever I'm eating, thus forcing me to spit a mouthful of food. I think it's even worse to have a cough that you don't know when it'll strike.

I think I'll get back to writing tomorrow.

June 30th, 2023

Morning Routine:
:v: Daily Dare: 60 Seconds Virabhadrasana III +EC
Count: 1159 - 1155 +EC

Night Routine:

Programs:
:v: Bootcamp: :completed: Day 60 :star:
Up Next: Break from Programs for a while. Switching to Valkyrie TP.
Bucket List:
Shadebound

Workouts:
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
25 Full Burpees
:v: DAREdice: 10 Full Burpees

Challenges:
:v: Epic Glutes: :completed: Day 30 :star:
Up Next: Everest
Bucket List:
Warrior Arms

Writing progress: