Montserrat

Rogue from The Netherlands

Montserrat

Last edited:

Montserrat

Thanks @Whirly!

Quite unexpectedly, I noticed this weekend that I made some progress in my fitness journey. I was at my mother's and while I was there I helped her with all sorts of little chores around the house. (She is 70 years old and very lively, but there are some things that are not as easy for her as they were when she was younger.) This involved things like some gardening, getting things for her from hard-to-get-to places in cupboards, carrying some heavier objects, etc.etc.

And... while doing these things I really noticed a difference in movements like squats and lunges! Also, for instance crouching into narrow spaces or bending and stretching to reach for something were definitely less of an effort and easier to keep up for a longer time.

It's these everyday things that make life so much better!

:move:

28-5-2023 - day 104

and

29-5-2023 - day 105

and

30-5-2023 - day 106

and

Last edited:

Montserrat

I added the No Sugar Challenge (15 day version) since in the Netherlands there is now a similar challenge going on. So I figured it was a good moment to tackle this one. It won't be easy, but I'll try to be good! :LOL:

5-6-2023 - day 112

Today wasn't easy at all, with all the jump squats and jumping lunges. I did (sort of) manage the workout on level III, but I needed longer rest breaks because my legs were beginning to feel all wobbly! I now remember that when I used to play basketball (a long time ago) all this jumping made me very tired as well.

and

and
and
and

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"

Montserrat

8-6-2023 - day 115

Side bridges today, amongst other things. I am still struggling with those, even with modifications it doesn't feel great. I think I have to let my core do more of the work and not lean on my shoulders/arms so much. But that is easier said than done...

and
and
and
and

Montserrat

Hey all!

I didn't do much during the weekend. It's been very warm here, especially inside my apartment, which has a lot of sunlight coming in. Apart from keeping everything closed during the warmest part of the day, there's not much I can do about it. So that's the biggest reason.

:chilling:

We're expecting some more warm days. I wish I could enjoy them more. I like the idea of summer, but somehow my body doesn't take the heat very well.
I did buy a fan and some ice cube trays!

:toohot:

10-6-2023 - day 117

and
and

11-6-2023 - day 118

and

12-6-2023 - day 119

and

Montserrat

14-6-2023 - day 121

:completed:

Wow! I have to say I really noticed some progress on this one. I can now actually touch my toes, and even touch the floor! Before I was nowhere near. To my surprise, I think the progress is mostly in the flexibility of the hips though, my hamstrings still feel tight. I still cannot keep my legs fully stretched while bending down. I think I will keep on practicing this for a while.

and

Montserrat

Thank you @Anek!

There is something you might like to try. Before trying to touch your toes, roll a small ball under each foot for about a minute.

@TopNotch Tried it, and I see how that might be helpful. I used a rather soft tennis ball though, and I think a slightly smaller and harder ball will be better. I will look out for one.
Thanks for the tip! Really appreciate it.

Last few days were still a bit lazy, because of the heat and because I had other things to do. I'm OK with it, but would like to do a bit more. We'll see!

:butt:

16-6-2023 - day 123
and
I'm abandoning this challenge for now. I'm not eating all that badly, but I did have some dessert when I went out for dinner and also some candy on another day. So I can't really say I stuck to it. That's OK though, I'll try again some later time.

17-6-2023 - day 124

18-6-2023 - day 125
and
and
(I can't actually do this pose, but I practiced it ;))

Last edited: