chaos, yet harmony

Niika

Jedi from United States
Pronouns: she/they
hello there

i am niika. i am working on a doctorate, transitioning from an adjunct to a full-time professor, healing a new piercing, and trying to wrest back my love of rock climbing from my depression.

i am in need of gentleness, so i am starting with the vitality program.

day 1: i didn't notice until i was finished that i was supposed to do 20 swings on each side. i am still pleased that i did it at all.

Niika

Jedi from United States
day 3: completed on level 1 to save some energy for rock climbing.

i am at the gym for the first time in about 2 months. some of that is work-related, but some is that my climbing partner is moving and going alone isn't very appealing. if i manage to come more regularly, i will use the buddy-board to find someone new to go with.

Niika

Jedi from United States
i started square one today. i'm trying to build a routine, so keeping the bar for success low seems like a good plan. i hope to try something harder eventually, but i have learned that asking too much of myself too quickly means i'm more likely to avoid it.

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Good for you to come back and try again. I think you are right to not set the bar too high for yourself.

Yes, we should always keep trying to do better, but sometimes people try for too much off the bat. Keep your goals obtainable and it will keep feeling good once you get there!

You Can Do It Cat GIF by Chibird