The Forever Journey

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Congrats on your second round! :worried:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Fell off the wagon again for several different reasons. Too much to get into right now. But I'm back! again lol.

10/28 - 20-minute hike

10/29 - Stronger Arms (lvl1)
My right shoulder (the area I have frequent pain in) was screaming at me for the shoulder taps, but after I finished the exercise, my arms felt much better. Wow. Beautifulll.
- 10 mins on treadmill

Weight: 271.2 (Yeah, I fell off hard.)

I'm finally starting physical therapy on November 3rd. Golly has this taken forever to establish.
I got my first ever massage a week ago. My muscles were far, far more stiff than I could have known was possible. She said it was pretty significant. After the massage, I rubbed my shoulders and neck and was shocked that it was so loose. Didn't even know it was possible for those parts to move around so much. Worth the money! Lol.

Last edited:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• No Wrong Answers (lvl 3)

Weight: Unknown

Now...On Sunday morning, I only did level 1 of "No Wrong Answers". It was much easier than the magician workout, but I do recall having to drop my arms a couple of times anyway.

Sunday afternoon, I got another massage.

And now...Dramatic difference. Made it to level 3 no problem. Didn't drop my arms once. My shoulders weren't blaring with stiffness and pain. Oh my gosh!!

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Went to physical therapy, but it was just an evaluation. At least, I hope that's why we didn't really do much beyond him showing me stretches that I've already been doing.

• No Wrong Answers (lvl 1)

Weight: Unknown

Last edited:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• Dexterity (lvl1)

So antsy lately, really wish I could go run around and hike, but two of my toes are injured. And I wanted to do more arm exercises today, but my back is killing me. Sigh. I feel bad for people who are in worse pain and have more limitations than I do.

Anek

"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Healing vibes! :love:

Froud

Warrior Monk from Brussels
It will be better next time!
How bad are your toes? Those little thing can be really hurtful :/

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
My toes don't hurt anymore (except some light throbbing at the end of the day, so light it doesn't even count as pain), but one of them is still swollen. It's been swollen for three weeks now and I'm wondering if it's just going to be permanently disformed now. Haha. But I can walk without issue. It only hurts if I squeeze it. So strange.

11/7
Hiking - 2 miles + 30min physical therapy

11/9
Hiking - 1 mile + 30min physical therapy

Thankfully, physical therapy does involve doing actual exercises/stretches! So glad they weren't all going to be just like the evaluation was. I'm sadly only approved by my insurance for 6 sessions, then it's up to me to keep doing stuff at home.

It will be better next time!
How bad are your toes? Those little thing can be really hurtful :/

I think my toes would have been fine if this wasn't the third time I've slammed them into the wall while changing clothes in the past month alone! On top of that, I suspect that I also bang them into the wall when I toss and turn at night. I'm always covered in bruises when I wake up because of my violent sleeping habits (I mostly bruise my legs and my arms).

Physically I'm still in a lot of back pain and throwing up daily, but mentally/emotionally, I'm doing better than ever! Getting to go on a hike Monday and then again today just improved my mood drastically. I also don't notice the back pain when I'm out and about, so that's double goodness. Unfortunately I did have to cut my hike on Monday short because I got hit by a giant wave of nausea. Silly body of mine.

Weight: 269.6

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Hello guys. I was going through a rough patch for a while, but I'm doing better now. I'm ready to get back into the game. Arms of Steel: Chair Edition always seems to go well for me, so no harm in repeating indefinitely, yeah? Third time, let's go!

12/22
• 100 calf raises throughout the day
• 50(or 100?) arm raises throughout the day
• Other misc arm exercises

12/23
• AoS - Day 1 complete (lvl 3)
• 25 calf raises throughout the day
• 25 arm raises throughout the day

Weight: 263.6

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Guys! I got a foam roller a few days ago, and I really went ham on it last night. I'm so much more flexible now! I can bend and reach in ways I haven't been able to in years! And doing the exercise today was much easier and more fluid than it's been any other time I've done this program. So happy! I also got a neck massager, that's been a good help too.

• AoS - Day 4 complete (lvl 3)
• 30 calf raises

Weight: 267.8 (bleh!)

Last edited:

Anek

Yay!!

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I'm...Crying pretty heavily right now. This is the 4th time doing day 7 of this particular program...And it's always been so difficult in the past, me taking so many rests. But...The foam roller. The foam roller improved my stiffness so much...I was able to do level 3 without taking a single break. Without being in pain or half-assing it.

I'm crying because I was so, so hard on myself when I couldn't do it in the past. I was so mean to me, telling myself I'm not good enough, that I "should be able to do such basic movements". And this entire time, it was that difficult on me because of my ankylosing spondylitis. It was difficult because I had a serious physical limitation that restricted my movements far more than the average person. It was more difficult for me for the average person, but I would be so angry at myself and hate myself for not being able to do it.

The difference in my flexibility and how much I can move my arms is astounding. I'm so glad I started going to physical therapy; I'm so glad I finally got that foam roller to do more of the exercises at home. The movements are so much easier now, and I...I am sorry to myself, for how I treated myself. I still have limited movement and some shoulder pain, but I feel like my flexibility has improved by 85%. It's so...great.

• AoS - Day 7 complete (lvl 3)
• 25 calf raises

Weight: 269.8

Last edited:

Anek

I'm glad you're feeling better, and are forgiving yourself for the past!

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
It's great to read that you had such an improvement, that's awesome. That's really something to be happy about.
Please don't be too upset about your past "method of motivation". Some people react well to beating themselves down, others need to be kind to themselves in order to achieve greater things or to stick with something. If you made errors in the past, now's a good time to sit back and think how to do better in the future. Being your own best friend in that regard might work better for you and I hope you'll find a way to push yourself ever forwards, without feeling bad.
Enjoy your improvement and go from there :love:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• AoS - Day 10 complete (lvl1)
• Daily Dare: 50 knee-to-elbows (3rd DD)

Weight: 263.0

I binged today, so I'm surprised my weight is that low. It was a smaller binge than I usually have, but I still figured I'd put on some weight. Maybe it'll catch up with me in a few days. Or my scale is crazy!

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
• AoS - Day 11 complete
• Hiking - 1.5 miles
• 25 calf raises
• 25 arm raises

Weight: 261.2 - But how! Geez! I wanted to reach 260 pounds by my birthday (Jan 7th) but with how little I was losing in December, I figured I wouldn't make it. Now I probably will. Lol happy birthday to me.

Obviously, it has nothing to do with me counting my calories, and has everything to do with my scale deciding to break and continuously showing me smaller numbers than the truth...Surely! :sweetcheeks:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I've been thinking about doing "The Guardian" challenge for quite some time now, and I see it is now the challenge of the month. So I'm hopping on in straight to day 3 in order to be in sync with January.

• AoS - Day 12 complete
• Guardian - Day 3 complete

Weight: 264.4 - Weight fluctuation incoming

Last edited:

Calico

Witcher from France
Pronouns: It/She
"Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations"
I know it's easier said than done, but I hope you won't worry too much about your weight!

You're here, you're moving, your body is yours and it does the work of moving.

As a fat woman, I try to focus on that primarily. My body is moving, and it can progress and move easier, I have to focus on that.

Of course you do what you want with your weight, you're the one to decide if you want to check it and all! But weight fluctuations and everything are normal, especially if you weigh yourself every day.

I do hope I don't sound like, paternalist. It's not the intent at all. I just hope you're not discouraged by weight, and weight fluctuations, as someone in the same boat.

I've seen you progress in workouts and all and I think it's great progress. Also you're still there months later.

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I'm on the other side of the spectrum, having a hard time gaining weight and keeping it at healthy levels, but I also know that weight fluctuations can throw you off. Weighing in daily, at the same time and with the same condition, keeping the scale in the same place is essential, but those fluctuations can be a killer. I like calculating the weekly average and monitoring that. You can also look at what you eat and see if that influences your fluctuations. Salty food always gives me more weight on the next day, for example. I also read more than once that a woman's cycle affects weight a lot, too.

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I'm not bothered by the weight fluctuations! Thanks though! I know not every pound the scale says I've lost is a real pound lost. But I know that I've definitely lost some real weight in the past week just judging off of how different the numbers are now vs what they were in December. So I'm happy about it! :twirl:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I'm visiting Nebraska right now to check out various hiking trails, it's been fun so far. Third day here!

(1/5)
Hiking - 4 miles
AoS day 14 complete
Did not do Guardian

(1/6)
AoS day 15 completed
Day 6 of The Gaurdian
Walking at zoo - 3.5 miles

Last edited:

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
Back from Nebraska. That was a fun trip. Walking so much made a notable improvement to my physical abilities in such a short amount of time. Bringing my bags inside and up the stairs was way easier when I got back to Kansas than it usually is. Maybe I should be pushing myself harder than I have been, I figured the progress would show slowly but dang I've probably been taking it too slow! Or maybe just too infrequently.

• AoS - Day 17 complete!

Weight: 256.6 -- Aye!

Yesterday was my birthday, so I'm going to safely assume I was under 260 yesterday, meaning I did make my goal after all! I didn't eat a whole lot while in Nebraska, was always on the move, keeping active and busy. I never missed food. I only craved food once, and that was after drinking a can of sparkling water - which I recently learned raises one of your hunger hormones 8x as much as drinking regular water does.

This is my second round of weight loss, and my first round, I replaced my pop addiction with drinking uncarbonated bai water (fruit-flavored water). Back then, I didn't really struggle much with cravings, and I found weight loss relatively easy.

But these days I have cravings all the time and it's a struggle to avoid them, and I do think that's because I've been drinking sparkling water instead of uncarbonated water. Sadly, I mostly drink sparkling water to help with my stomach problems, but it hasn't been so bad lately, so maybe I'll be able to go without it for a while.