I'm scared

TheFatMachine

Alchemist from Warren Park, Harare, Zimbabwe
Pronouns: He/Him
For the first time in my many attempts to take on a fitness journey I have finally managed to achieve consistency and its been awesome, i have fought many battles, blistering winds and scorching deserts : ), but seriously as a fat guy its unfortunate I didn't have this tool so I just started jogging. My first run was 200 metres. and as time went by I leveled up to 500metres, 1k, 2k. And my friends who also jogged One day were like today you're running with us, their route was 5k. As you can imagine when I hit my threshold 1900m my pace slowed down and i started hanging back a little and these guys went ahead and slowed down such that I ended up in front of them and they covered the whole road behind me creating a blockade that was chasing me (their pace was moderate and they began with motivational taunts) it hurt like Hell but I made it. for context I was 120Kg and 1.75cm tall (240lb 5'8-ish).

Back to my point. I was given a boost and I have tried to be consistent since then I have faced the four horsemen of running blockers [running out of breath, muscle pain, jelly legs, tiredness] and I braved them all and still going but something new is coming after me and I AM SCARED, it started 3 weeks ago I was on my run and I felt like someone lodged a spear across my lungs and each time I breath-in someone twists it or it grows in size a bit. Like every runner facing pain you go on until it fades i thought it was a one time thing.

About a week ago I was now working on my pace(iI usually run 4 laps of a 2km route) so I went high pace for the first two laps and in the middle of the second one I breathed out and instanteously I felt like some put my chest organs in a net and squeezed then for two seconds i couldnt breathe in, i stopped for 20 seconds and I carried on trying to take light breaths cause full breaths were painful at the max. And now if I run 15K somewhere in the middle of it it feels like a small needle in placed in my heart

I wont lie I have put so much work and I am afraid that if I take a break I might lose my effort (curently 108Kg[lost 22lbs]) but at the same time this things are beyond my control I cant brave through them and I dont know what to do, I have lived the past 15 years as the fat kid, the chubby teen and dad-bodied young adult. This is a new battle and I hope to win, I can't go back to being the guy who snores while awake blah blah blah. I just can't I have to carry on this journey lifestyle I choose when I ran my first 200metres

Thank you guys I wanted to let this out

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
Nice to meet you! :hi:

For pains like that, you should maybe work with a doctor, but at the very least, your body it telling you that you are pushing yourself too hard.

I've known a few people try and fail because they start off too hard and then ultimately give up. If you really want this bad enough, know it will take time, but if you are consistent and mindful of calories in vs calories out, you really can make the change.

TheFatMachine

Alchemist from Warren Park, Harare, Zimbabwe
Pronouns: He/Him
Nice to meet you! :hi:

For pains like that, you should maybe work with a doctor, but at the very least, your body it telling you that you are pushing yourself too hard.

I've known a few people try and fail because they start off too hard and then ultimately give up. If you really want this bad enough, know it will take time, but if you are consistent and mindful of calories in vs calories out, you really can make the change.
I will take your advice, I cant afford a doctor but i will definitely assign myself low pace days

Back