1,223 Steps
27 Active Minutes
9 Heart Points

Reading:
♡ The Lonely Heart of Maybelle Lane by Kate O’Shaughnessy
♡ Magic Dark and Strange by Kelly Powell

Duolingo: PeaceLoveNirvana
Goodreads

Finished Beyond the Bright Sea by Lauren Wolk the night before.

Didn’t do the Booty Maxx but did manage a lower body workout, which I modified because of space limits.

Halloween didn’t go the way we planned. Mom and I didn’t sit out in the living room like we wanted to. My brother kept coming in after every trick or treater saying, “dad said we weren’t going to get anybody. We got some.” Literally every time. I finally told him I was tired of hearing it, and mom and I were trying to watch stuff. He said he was, too, but he had to help dad watch the door (or something like that). I said nobody told him he had to sit in the living room. Said it because he was getting snarky with me, saying things like I know you don’t want to hear it that’s why I’m coming in here, blah blah blah. Pissed him off and he called me a smart ass. Oh well. But like don’t come in here after every freaking trick or treater and say the same thing every time. You’re literally only doing it at that point to be annoying.

Did the yoga from memory, so it was shortened. Also while listening to the affirmations because I was trying to get it all done.

Didn’t end up reading any of Magic like I planned, either.

LizardFriend95

Warrior from The Yellow Submarine in the Merry Old Land of Oz
Pronouns: she/her
"I’m so happy, cause today I found my friends. They’re in my head."
𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾November 1 , 2023 (2 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
➽───────────────────────────────────❥
Yoga with Adriene 7 Minute Bedtime Yoga, from memory

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♡⋆⋅☆⋅⋆✧.⋅ ♫ ⋅.✧⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ♡☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾0Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (2)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1082)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (53)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (8)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (2)

𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ Bonus Stats☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
1,721 Steps
23 Active Minutes
0 Heart Points

Reading:

Goodreads

Wrote a little over 900 words over three short sessions throughout the day.

Tried vanilla limeade today, was a little nervous about it, but it was good.

Went to my little cousins last baseball game of the season. There will be a tournament this Saturday, so we’ll probably go to that. They won! It was pretty cold outside, though.

Litter cousin, CR, “adopted” my sister as her sister. CR literally introduced her as her sister to someone. My cousin, D, told her to stop telling people that because that’s her cousin, Don’t think that’s gonna stop her though. Oh, and CR has 28 fingers. We asked what she was going to do with all those fingers. She said, “um,., eat candy.” Of course. What else are fingers for?

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾November 2 , 2023 (3 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (3)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1083)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (54)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (9)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

1,698 Steps
24 Active Minutes
0 Heart Points

Reading:

Goodreads

Haven’t quite reached the daily word count goal yet, but I’m still trucking along.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾November 3 , 2023 (4 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Leilah Isaac 10 Minute Cardio Waist and Abs Workout Belly Dance

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (4)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1084)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (55)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (10)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

4,391 Steps
61 Active Minutes
10 Heart Points

Reading:

Goodreads

The belly dance video popped up. I thought it was perfect because it was supposed to be my abs day. It wasn’t. It was actually arm day. No big deal. It’s not like I’ve done my calendar anyway. But you’d think I would’ve learned by now to do basics instead of jumping right into a dance video. Apparently not.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾November 4 , 2023 (5 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (5)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1085)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (56)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (11)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

2,018 Steps
26 Active Minutes
0 Heart Points

Reading:

Goodreads

Don’t know why everything is pink. I’ve looked over it several times.

Early day. First of CL’s last two baseball tournaments. Last weekend was supposed to be their Halloween theme, so his team was dressed as Prime drinks (I’ve got a bit of an issue with that lol). Bonus was he was easier to spot! My brother went with us again. He decided to get us lunch from the concessions and texted me to come help him. I told him I’d come in a minute because CL was bat at that time. He won both of his games. Unfortunately, they’ll get their trophies tomorrow and since it’s grocery shopping day. Kind of a disappointment. Next up is basketball.

My night routine consists of taking Fonzie outside, giving Rolo his pill, then letting Fonzie follow me upstairs when I’m carrying Rolo. Fonzie was outside. I saw him. I thought I let him in. I get ready to get Rolo and realize I don’t see Fonzie anywhere. He was tired earlier, so I thought maybe he was ready for bed and went up before us. I called him. No sign. I’m searching the freaking house and I can’t find him. I decide to go ahead and take Rolo upstairs and I’d see if Fonzie was there. He wasn’t. I had peeked outside before, and my mom peeked outside. Neither of us saw him. But I check again and he was outside. This poor baby. I had turned the outside light out and locked the door when he was still outside. I could have sworn I let him in! I grabbed him up and cuddled him. He gave me kisses, which kind of broke my heart. I felt so bad. Apparently, that is how sleep deprived I’ve been lately.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾November 13 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Better Legs Challenge Days 1 & 2

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1094)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (65)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (18)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

2,659 Steps
38 Active Minutes
7 Heart Points

Reading:
♡ Song for a Whale by Lynn Kelly

Goodreads

Finished The Lonely Heart of Maybelle Lane. So cute!

I’m feeling a little overwhelmed. I lost my streak because I’d been having trouble sleeping and just got too exhausted. Rolo has started to lose control of his bladder. It hasn’t been too much of a problem until today (Monday). He had to be several times, a few of those times being on the floor because we couldn’t get to him in time. My body is so tired and sore (more on that in a minute) that’s it’s just hard. The vet never said not to make him walk, and I’m hesitant to pick him up because I don’t want to get peed on.

My aunt DS is sick* right now. Not sick enough that she hasn’t gone to work or gone shopping, but apparently sick enough that she literally doesn’t want to move at all when she’s home. Since Rolo likes to sit on the couch/bed with her, it sometimes makes it hard for me to grab him. Which is fine, but when you have to do that several times while you feel so worn out? It gets physically exhausting. It’s also hard when he gets in between the couch and coffee table, because I can’t get a grip on him to lift him up. And I get frustrated because when he’s with DS and my brother (because he doesn’t sit with me anymore and I’m not always right there around him) he will fall and they won’t say a single word to me. He can’t get up! And they’ll just freaking leave him. Like call me and I’ll get him but don’t just pretend like he’s not there. For example, DS takes the dogs outside at night and sits with them. One night when she came back in, I heard Rolo whining. I go into the living room thinking he was wanting up on the bed. DS says he’s in the kitchen. I go in there and he was struggling to get up, but they ignored it. One time I had to take Ringo out. My brother had been carrying Rolo out at night. I get in the kitchen with Ringo, my brother told me Rolo fell, and he was still outside on his butt where he fell.

We bought him some braces hoping to stabilize his legs and make it a little easier for him to get around. Of course, I can’t find any specifically for pugs (I don’t know if I’m looking in the wrong place but I’m just not finding them) so they don’t fit him that well. We finally got it adjusted where it would fit him better, but picking him up and trying to get him in that thing was rough on me. Hence why I was so sore. Problem is, his back feet will point sometimes and it’s hard to get his feet under him. He will still fall and he’ll slip out of the brace. We bought some dog shoes where hoping will help keep him from slipping. I honestly hope it works because I don’t know what else to try.

*DS has been feeling sick for I think over a month at this point. She just says she feels nauseous. She’ll lay down all day long, which I get happens when you’re sick. But we’ll ask if she needs to go to the doctor. No, she doesn’t know what’s wrong with her. Which is usually why you would need to go to the doctor, because something clearly is not right. There was a time period she flat out refused to eat or drink because she didn’t feel like it. Again, I also get that feeling, but you will not get better if you don’t eat or drink. At one point she was supposed to make an appointment with a lung doctor. She still hasn’t. Something also came back at one point about a kidney injury. Of course my mom is thinking it could be similar to what she had. DS went to the emergency room and didn’t tell them about the kidney thing, even though we all told her to say something about it. They said she was dehydrated, which she “doesn’t get,” but she’s not eating or drinking. And she’s still not doing what she needs to do to get better. She’s supposed to make an appointment with her regular doctor. Hasn’t done that. Still hasn’t done anything about the lung doctor.

~
This morning (Tuesday) I had to bring my sheets and comforter down to wash them because Rolo peed. I asked what else I could put in with my sheets. My mom said to ask DS if she wanted to put her sheets in. I didn’t ask her because she was sitting right there and very clearly heard my mom ask this. I put everything in the wash and got it ready, then came back up to ask her if she was putting her stuff in. She did strip her bed, but she was pissed about it. This has been three hours ago. She is still sitting up (has been this entire time) and her new sheets are in a pile on the bed. Hasn’t moved to put them on. The thing is, nobody forced her to put her sheets in the wash, even though she really needed to. They haven’t been washed in over a month and she’s let dogs throw up on her bed and not wash the sheets. And she does this even when she’s not sick. But, boy, was she pissed.

It all just feels like a lot right now.

~
On a lighter note, writing has been going pretty well. Right now the daily word count goal is about 2,000, because some writing days haven’t been that great, due to laundry days and running about my 10-year-old pug toddler. Finding the time to actually sit down and have a proper writing session on laundry days are difficult.

Music has been helping me keep some focus, though. I’ve noticed I make way more mistakes when I’m not listening to music. “If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first,” is still one of my favorite lyrics of all time. Doesn’t matter how many times I hear it, it gets me every time. And of course my keyboard makes typing so much quicker. And the sound it makes is so satisfying.

Also, I made one of those cute birthday calendars a while back. We found out the other day that I forgot two of my cousins. I have their kids on there, but not them. I have no idea how I did that. They didn’t even make it on the list of birthdays I had written out in preparation. So I forgot them twice. Literally no one noticed until one of them had a birthday the other day. So that was interesting.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾November 14 , 2023 (2 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Hand Grip exercises
Better Legs Challenge Days 3 & 4
Yoga with Adriene Center Day 1

ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (2)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1095)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (66)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (19)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

3,219 Steps
78 Active Minutes
14 Heart Points

Reading:
♡ Song for a Whale by Lynn Kelly

Goodreads

I forgot to mention that I did hand grip exercises yesterday with hand grips and 3-pound weights.

The shoes came in. They help quite a bit. He still has trouble but there’s so much improvement. Since it was so late when they arrived, I decided to just let him get used to the shoes and try putting him in the brace tomorrow.

My back hurt so bad yesterday. It was so bad I almost wanted to cry. Even doing the Better Legs challenge hurt and it’s never hurt like that before.

I got an email from Yoga with Adriene about the Center journey, which was odd. Took it as a sign, though. Downward dog at first was almost unbearable, but I took breaks and modified when I needed to. After the first one I could do it with no problems. The whole video was tougher than I thought it would be. I did find out my core is a little stronger than I thought. Not much, but it’s something. It helped my back tremendously.

I was reminded why I love yoga and YWA so much. I always feel so much better about my body and the things it can do versus what it can’t when I’m doing yoga. It was nice when I was in so much pain to be told to just check in with myself.

I took Rolo out again before we went to bed to try to avoid any accidents. Picking him up off the floor is so much harder. My back started hurting again after that, but it went away after a while.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾November 24 , 2023 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Better Legs Challenge Day 1 & 2
Fit by Lys Full Body Stretching Routine All Standing 8 Minutes
Yoga with Adriene 7 Minute Bedtime Yoga
Yoga with Kassandra 5 min Bedtime Positive Affirmations for Sleep

𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ 1 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1104)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (75)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (28)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (1)

[ COLOR=#ff33cc] ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♡⋆⋅☆⋅⋆✧.⋅ ♫ ⋅.✧⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ♡☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

2,094 Steps
48 Active Minutes
15 Heart Points

Goodreads
[/COLOR]

I thought I was going to get a lot of writing time because my family had plans on watching Chucky. I was going to hide out in my parents' room, do some yoga, and write, but they decided not to watch it. So I didn’t get a lot of writing time.

We ended up playing with our Echo for a little bit. My dad wanted it to play country, it played a song none of us had heard of. We asked for different music and it gave us Bollywood. No idea why. It just got weirder. I finally asked for it to play oldies and a Monkees song came on. I was so excited I actually yelled. In my defense, I didn’t expect them to play the Monkees. Then my lovely father interrupted my Monkees to play Ring of Fire. I like that song, too, but he couldn’t let me have this one song? Butthead. Sister tried to get him back for me by playing Hail Mary by Tupac, but it wouldn’t do that.

I was exhausted by the time I went to bed, but my lovely children didn’t let me sleep too well.

Aunt is still not doing anything to get better. She pissed me off on Friday. We’ve tried several times to help her, but she won’t do it. Anytime my mom said anything to her, she’d roll her eyes, just look at her, or ignore her. It didn’t even have to be about that. Mom told her she needed to call her nephew because he was feeling down with his medical issues. She just looked at my mom. But she got a phone call from her “friend” who literally only calls when she wants something from her, and she popped up like a freaking jack-in-the-box to go run her something. I said since she was well enough to go run to her friend, she was well enough to sit up when she came back. I just don't understand how you don't try to get better if you feel that bad.

LizardFriend95

Hey, bees! A little update:

Aunt finally started eating more and is getting better.

I’m still having trouble finding energy to exercise, since my dogs will wake me up throughout the night and I have trouble falling asleep anyway. My knee was hurting real bad, too. I’m just a mess at the moment. Hopefully I’ll be able to exercise soon.

Biggest update? My mom tried to adopt the little puppy we saw at the vet. We were so close and were supposed to get her by Thanksgiving. But then we were told she had a heart murmur and couldn’t be adopted out. Mom was a little sad about it, so my brother took it upon himself to get her a puppy. So… a week ago we got a puppy. She is little and already so ornery. She gets mad pretty easily, too. It seems like that’s all I do with her. The first time I was trying to prevent her from rolling when my mom got up and she somehow roll towards me instead. She popped up, started growling at me, and cussed me out (her little mouth was moving but no sound was coming out). Another time she was playing with me, jumped up and fell back on the bed. I tried to right her and she got mad. Jumped on me again, started to fall, ci caught her, and she was mad. Another time she tried to pounce on me and I wasn’t quite expecting it, which scared me, which scared her, which made her mad. But she is cute and happy and we love her so much already. Her name is Cinnamon.

Fonzie is not taking up with her as well as he did the puppy at the vet. My brother just brought her inside, which didn’t really help matters. Also, we’d just gotten some new furniture in the days before we got Cinnamon, which involved my dad and brother carrying pieces through the house. He’s not too good with change and there’s been a lot of it. He is getting better, but he’s still not interacting with her beyond sniffing at her. I do have to remind my dad, brother, and aunt to talk to him. I get she’s new and we want to spend time with her. But we can’t forget about the others.

LizardFriend95

𖥸ꕥ☮︎☿☼✶☾February 14 , 2024 (1 Consecutive Days)☽✶☼☿☮︎ꕥ𖥸꧂
Yoga with Joelle Yoga for Knee Strengthening

𖥸ꕥ☮︎︎☿☼✶☾ 0 Non-Zero Days☽✶☼☿︎☮︎ꕥ𖥸
ℰ𝓍𝑒𝓇𝒸𝒾𝓈𝑒 (1)
⊰✔⊱ ℒ𝒶𝓃𝑔𝓊𝒶𝑔𝑒 (1187)
⊰✔⊱ ℛ𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 (158)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 (0)
(B]⊰✔⊱[/B]𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 (0)

[ COLOR=#ff33cc] ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♡⋆⋅☆⋅⋆✧.⋅ ♫ ⋅.✧⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ♡☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

2,689 Steps
44 Active Minutes
3 Heart Points

Goodreads

It’s been a while…

We got a wheelchair for Rolo. I was hesitant about it because he wouldn’t be able to lay or sit down, and taking it off and putting it back on would be difficult. As expected, it is hard to get on him, but it does what we need it to do. He hates it.

We ended up taking him to a holistic vet that offered acupuncture. He was given Chinese herbs, which I wasn’t too thrilled with, and did acupuncture twice. We ended up seeing a new vet there, because the new one has done this for longer. We found out where on his back his trouble is. He also has congestive heart failure. He’s now on pills for that, as well as for his thyroid. Rolo is overweight. He’s been 32 pounds pretty much his entire adult life, even when he was really active. No vet ever said anything about it, so I stupidly thought maybe it wasn’t that big a deal. The vet wanted him to start eating a no sodium diet (which is impossible) and told us to try him on Texas Tripe, which is raw meat and other things ground up. We did this. Rolo was fine for the first three days, then he started getting diarrhea. Two days after that, he started throwing up. We tried for a few more days, but it wasn’t getting any better. He was lethargic and weak. It just wasn’t worth it anymore. He’s back on the food I was giving him and he’s doing so much better. We were supposed to go to a follow up on Monday, but we had to cancel. So our follow up is now next Monday.

My biggest fear about being a cat owner finally happened. One of my sweet little angel babies decided to bring me a present. A dead mouse. Just deposited in front of my closet door. At least it wasn’t on my bed.

My aunt DB is kind of mad at me right now. We will buy snacks and my my aunt will act like it’s just for her. Aunt DC is also pretty bad about this. Both my aunts will get things that just they will eat. No one else touches it and we don’t say anything. But they will also eat the majority of our snacks. Aunt DB came in several times to report that Aunt DC had eaten snacks that we bought, when she does the exact same thing. My brother brought out some chocolate and vanilla puddings he bought a little while back for us all to eat. He also got him some banana pudding that was not put out for everyone. Of course, Aunt DB is one of the first to get the puddings, and later in the day she had one of my brothers banana puddings. We told her that wasn’t put out there for everyone. She says, “Oh, well.” If someone were to do the same to her snacks, or if it had been Aunt DC who did that, she’d be complaining. Now Aunt DB is trying to steal my coffees. I have tons of k-cups, so that part doesn’t really matter. She keeps saying I’ll have to show her how to use the Keurig so she could have some coffees. No asking, just acting like it’s there for the taking, which it’s not. If she asked, it wouldn’t be a problem at all. But the main issue now is my mom bought me a pack of those Cinnamon Toast Crunch canned coffees at Sam’s (which are so delicious) and she’s talking about stealing one. I really don’t want to share these ones because knowing her, she’d end up drinking most of them. I still have some canned Twix coffees I told her she could drink, but she’s mad at me because I didn’t buy the coffee. Fair, but she didn’t either. I’ve told my mom why I didn’t want to share those ones and she understands. So it’s fun.

LizardFriend95

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

♡ Blogilates Ultimate Daily Stretching for Flexibility and Relaxation

Mom is done with her treatment!

Trying to build Rolo a wheelchair and it’s not going well.

Still reeling from the Quiet On Set documentary, and I’m still very, very pissed…

LizardFriend95

Friday, April 12, 2024

♡ Darebee Hip Strength Workout, 1 set

My hip has been bothering me. Single leg circles help, but being able to do them the way I need is difficult due to lack of space. I try to do them on the bed but then Fonzie will lay in the way. So tried this workout.

Rolo’s wheelchair is done, kind of. I think we’re going to try to rebuild it to streamline it a bit, but it is usable. He doesn’t like it yet. He will scoot away from me as fast as he can. I don’t understand him sometimes.

Finally, finally, watched the fifth part of Quiet on Set. Actually watched it with my mom earlier, but I had to rewatch. There’s just so much to take in. Also read some of the letters of support and they’re vile. Is it normal to be so mad at what you’re watching that you’re shaking?