Quest for Muscle: The Return of the Pump

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Thank you so much @Tileenah @Nanna Io @JCU @Fremen @PetiteSheWolf @lofivelcro @HellYeah @TopNotch @Lallafa @aku-chan and @Laura Rainbow Dragon ! Your support means the world.

It's late over here and I'm rather tired, but quite satisfied. I have to get up early for a class tomorrow morning. But I got everything that I wanted to accomplish completed today, so that's a win. Today was my first day after the competition, and as usual, I gave my Chest workout top priority.

Bench Press: 130 x 5, 132.5 x 4. 132.5 x 5 is within my reach, I think.
Incline Press: 107.5 x 5. Unremarkable.
Machine Chest Press: 130 x 5. Now this was fun!
Decline Close Grip Press: 117.5 x 6! Gains! Will go for 120 next time.
EZ Bar Pushdown: 13 x 10.
Flat Dumbbell Curls: 18 x 20. A challenge.

More to follow, but I'm a bit tired right now.

Take care, Bees!

Playing: More Fallout 4, after tinkering with some mods that make each each new game a new experience (auto looting? why didn't I try it sooner!). Would play Destiny 2, but I'm having too much fun with Fallout 4 atm.

Watching: The Last of Us series continues to impress me with its latest episode. I for one am kind of glad when the series eschews big set pieces and gore to focus on the characters at the show's heart. The performances this week (as in every other) were superb. Also sating my fix for weird and surreal movies with one called The Wolf House, which is Chilean, and... well, kind of nauseating.

Listening to: Every Horror Movie on Netflix. A gang of internet critics that set out to do... exactly what you'd expect. Except there's an abundance of wit and humour, which makes it my podcast of the moment.

https://open.spotify.com/show/0hYnbCja25HQsL5gIWMmNI

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Thank you kindly @mavie and @CODawn !

I was supposed to write an update yesterday, but I got tired and conked out. Have been pretty busy lately. Anyway, yesterday was Back day.

Deadlifts: 170 x 5. A short-term PR, but I look forward to hitting 175 and 180 again.
Barbell Rows: 105 x 5.
T-Bar Rows: 92.5 x 5.
Meadows Rows: 40 x 5. These are pretty hard to get a "grip" on.
Single Arm Cable Rows: 35 x 5. An unconscious PR.
Machine Lat Pulldowns: 68 x 6.

I've been inundated with new clients lately, so work has kept me feeling tired. Thankfully I still have time to hit the gym.

Stay strong, Bees!

Playing: More Fallout 4, naturally. I'm playing a completely cheesy playthrough in which I've enabled as many cheats as I desire. I'm kind of wondering why I didn't play this way to begin with; it feels like more fun. My wishlist of new releases is ballooning, but I still don't have the dosh to buy what I want. Atomic Heart has piqued my curiosity, but I'm not sure I want to go as far as to buy it.

Watching: Not much. More sleeping. Really want to get started on Infinity Pool or The Wolf House. *Really* want to see The Outwaters, as I've heard it's more bonkers than Skinamarink, and better, to boot.

Listening to: MADES - 1984. The highest praise I could lavish on this synth number is that it sounds like the intro song to an anime TV show or movie. Really strong melodies!

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Thank you @JCU @Fremen @TopNotch @Mianevem @Tileenah @Nanna Io
@lofivelcro It is indeed out, after looking like a glorified tech showcase for the last few years. I've never actually completed a Stalker game (played the first one and CoP). I may have to give Call of Pripyat another go.

Hi Bees! Tired, but reasonably happy, once again. I'm almost done with my busy week.

Had a class that I thought was at 2 pm, so I went to the gym to squeeze in a workout.

Bench Press: 132.5 x 4. No PRs today.
Close Grip Press: 110 x 5.
Incline Press: 105 x 5. Man, was this a tough one!
Triceps Pushdown: 140 x 8.

Aaaaand that was all I had time for.

Turns out my class was actually at 5! So I went home, took a nap, and headed back for class. It went well! Student was engaged and I still remember how to teach IELTS.

Going to sleep well tonight!

Take care, Bees.

Playing: I installed a new game called Last Group Out (it was on sale for cheap), so I'm going to try that out. And of course, I'm going to continue looting every location in the wastelands of Fallout 4 thanks to that great autolooting mod! You just approach the loot, and it's transferred into your inventory! The E key on my keyboard can take a break! I can't believe I started my cheesy playthrough without it; it makes looting easier than ever.

Watching: Watched a bit of Infinity Pool last night. Have heard some comparisons to that overrated White Lotus show, or whatever it is. Thankfully, IP is absolutely dread-inducing and lurid; I look forward to where it (disgustingly) goes.

Listening to: Dance with the Dead - Blood Moon. Synthrock never lets me down!

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Thank you @CODawn!

Hey Bees! Once again, I'm quite tired, but still surviving. I had quite a busy end to the week last week and was unable to workout, hence the lack of updates.

Today was Chest day, but I was trying something different. Namely, I've been pounding myself against the wall with my workouts, aiming for new PRs, so I'm following the Greyskull lifting protocols. This means that for chosen lift:

2 sets of 5 reps, then an As Many Reps As Possible set of 5+.

They key is that you start with a lighter weight and then after a week, increase the weight. I tried a variation of this back in 2022 after the gyms opened up (which payed dividens, I might note), but now I'm following this key tenet of the program more strictly. The rest of the workout will follow my usual exercise fluff, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out in the next few weeks.

Bench Press: 110 kg for 2 sets of 5, then 12 reps. Not great, but not bad.
Incline Bench: 80 x 5.
Decline Close Grip Press: 80 x 5.
Machine Chest Press: 100 x 5.
Machine Pushdowns: 9 x 10. I don't know the exact weight, I'm just going to use the label on the weight stack.
Hammer Curls: 20 x 20.

I'm practically out of cash, so it'll be good to get a paycheck for the first time in nearly a year! It won't be much, but I've budgeted at least a game purchase next month - System Shock, perhaps?

Peace, Bees!

Playing: Fallout 4, but Last Group Out has taken up a chunk of my time too! It's simple, but challenging, and I can play it while listening to a podcast. It's a Tarkov-like, so now I have a new genre to play with (but... I hate multiplayer gaming, with very few exceptions).

Watching: Still watching Infinity Pool. It's as debauched and disgusting as I thought, but intelligent, for all that. I also want to watch Cocaine Bear, as it looks like an absolute hoot! As well as The Last of Us, which is amazingly consistent in its quality.

Listening to: The Crystal Method - I Know It's You. A new acquisition: it may not be on my workout playlist, but on my player nonetheless.

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Hey again, Bees. Once again tired, but very content.

Today was Back day once again, so I went through my usual barrage of exercises.

Deadlifts: 175 x 5. I pulled a muscle the last time I did these, so here's hoping that my body makes it through okay. A mini PR, though I think I might take a break before aiming for 180 x 5 (which is my old record).
Barbell Row: 107.5 x 5.
T-Bar Rows: 97.5 x 5. Poor form, I thought. Maybe dial the weight back?
Machine One Armed Rows: 52 x 6.
Incline Rows: 26 x 8.
Machine Lat Pulldowns: 68 x 6.

So now I'm properly tired.

Hong Kong is getting rid of its mask mandate tomorrow. It's about time, I suppose. Covid has cast a very long shadow over the past few years, but it'll feel good to move on.

I have a free day tomorrow, and I may or may not work out. We'll see.

See you round, Bees!

Playing: More F4 and LGO. They seem to be my gaming bread and butter these days, though I'm flirting with uninstalling Fallout 4 and resuming Cyberpunk.

Watching: Infinity Pool continues to astound. I'm convinced that it functions best as a satirical portrayal of the flagrantly outlandish wealthy than as a horror movie (which is what I intended to watch it as).

Listening to: Trevor Something - Sega Genesis. This is a remix/reworking of Grimes' Genesis. I've always loved this song.

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Oops, I almost forgot to update.

Hey Bees! Today is my second push day of the week, so I incorporated the Greyskull protocol of 5, 5, AMRAP once again.

Overhead Press: 60 x 13 for the AMRAP.
Behind the Neck press: 70 x 5. I've always heard that you can strain your neck doing this one, but it hasn't happened to me.
Arnold Presses: 28 x 6
Front DB Raises: 12 x 10.
Lateral Raises: 8 x 10.
Triceps Extensions: 10 x 10

So I went home (which is a 2.5 km walk I do to unwind after the gym) without a mask for the first time in ages. Interesting to see how some people are keeping them on, and others have taken them off. Different strokes for different folks.

More teaching tomorrow.

Hope you're having a great week, Bees!

Playing: I pulled the plug on Fallout 4. Just uninstalled it and removed the 100 or so mods I had installed. Kinda feels weird now. I'm going to try some other games now!

Watching: I was watching a film last night but I've completely forgotten what it was. Meanwhile, still watching Fauda at the gym, and it's massively entertaining. I'm not going to comment on the politics; the show itself is crackerjack action/political intrigue and anxiety-inducing moments.

Also, had completely forgotten about Curb Your Enthusiasm (the apotheosis of awkward TV humor, IMO). Still hilarious.

Listening to: Neil Young - Guitar Solo 5 (off of Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man). 14 minutes of Neil Young noodling away on a guitar. Couldn't a lot of things go wrong? Well, the answer depends on whether or not you have a taste for such things. I find it really calming - there's a finality to the riffs that make it clear that this accompanies the end of the film. The second half could be repetitive, but instead comes off as powerful.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Good to hear your mask mandate is removed, it shows things are progressing, even if not perfect... I still wear the mask if I take the subway (Parisian subway = always crowded!), and the bus, but not in stores / office anymore. Most people have removed it in the subway but, with my heart, I'd rather wait at least until end of winder / mid spring to see about it. And I don't take the subway daily (the luck of mostly telecommuting!), so it's not that big an imposition on myself.

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I think I have seen a mask the last time two years ago. At point, people got kind of tired of it and only wore it when somebody really went out of his way to enforce it, which mostly were really big stores in the city.
Must feel nice, after such a long time. Happy for you and Hong Kong. The few times I had to wear one myself I hated every minute of it.

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
We haven't had to wear masks here for ages, but quite a lot of people still do, perhaps as much as 20% and even when and where there aren't crowds. In a way, I think we've been given permission to look after ourselves without others thinking we're weird. Personally, I hated trying to breathe behind a mask. Besides, beauty should never be covered up! :LOL:

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
@TopNotch @PetiteSheWolf @lofivelcro People are still wearing them here, and I predict that they'll continue doing so in the years to come. It's a culture thing, I think. I, for one, am glad to be mostly rid of them.

Once again, I am quite tired, but happy. Had to abbreviate my workout, but still accomplished what I set out to do. Today was Leg Day.

Squats: 110 x 5. Man, this was a fight. But at least it's an improvement over two weeks ago (didn't squat last week!).
Front Squats: 75 x 5. This one I find tougher to improve on; at one point, I was shooting distance from my old records, but that was a while ago.
Lying Leg Curls: 45 x 10, I think.

Quite short today, as I had to teach afterward. Had been trying to contact my student all day, but she didn't respond. She got back to me when we were supposed to have the lesson, saying she was unavailable. Ouch. At least I got to go home early. Went home, did some preparation, listened to some heavy metal, and here we are.

It's almost Friday, Bees!

Playing: So now I have a grab bag of games on my HD. Generation Zero, Destiny 2, Darksiders 2, and RE 4. Destiny 2 is probably going on the chopping block. I just can't get into it - the combat is excellent, but I just find the game itself to be uninspiring.

Watching: Watching Fauda at the gym, as always. Watching The Perfection, but slowly...

Listening to: Type O Negative - Love You to Death. I miss Type O. Possibly the first heavy metal band that I ever really listened to. They also had a knack for killer melodies!

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Hey Bees. A little sick today - not Covid, thankfully, more of a cold. But it's still annoying.

Went to the gym regardless. Today is my final Push day of the week.

Bench Press: 110 AMRAP set of 13. 1 rep more than last time!
Incline Press: 80 x 5. Zzzz...
Decline Close Grip Press: 80 x 5. Zzzz... pt 2
Machine Chest Press: 100 x 5.
Overhead Triceps Extension: 12 x 10. Now these are a rarity in my routine. I find them too straining on my elbow, for some reason.
Flat Dumbbell Curls: 20 x 20. This might be an all time best for me. I haven't been able to curl that weight since I was in my twenties.
Machine Curls: 40 x 10. Honestly, these kind of suck. Should just stick to the freeweights.

Had a very lacklustre teaching session with my student that has left me drained and despondent. Thinking about all the things I did wrong and could hope to do better next time. Oh well. At least I have a free weekend with lots of yummy food! Can game, explore some new music, and NOT EXERCISE. I need a bit of a break after my five day streak. We'll see.

Enjoy your weekend, Bees! You've earned it.

Playing: Mostly, the remastered Resident Evil 4 for Steam. I've bought this game three times - once for the Wii while I was vacationing in America, once for PC (for 60 hkd), and once on Steam (I probably paid the most for this one). And it never ceases to be worth it, actually - still holds up as an amazing game. I do skip the cutscenes - there's only so much cheese I can tolerate. @lofivelcro Generation Zero is a bit lacking, but it's currently scratching my open-world itch. And the game has improved since I first tried it.

Hey, Dead Island 2 is actually going to be released! Looking forward to it more than I did with Dying Light. But all in all, Zombie media is my jam!

Watching: Fauda, of course. Really have to keep watching The Perfection.

Listening to: Be'lakor - The Dream and The Waking. I find myself listening to Heavy Metal more and more these days. Perhaps because I'm under more stress. I find it more cathartic to put on a good emotional metal song. There's fierce melodicism in this song.

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Thank you @JCU @Tileenah @CODawn and @TopNotch.

Hey Bees. My flu continued through these last few days and didn't get a workout in until today. In fact, I'm still somewhat sick today, so I went to the gym wearing my mask and commenced with my first Push day of the week.

Bench Press: 112.5 x 12 for an AMRAP. I guess I still retain my strength, despite being ill. Next milestone is to hit thirteen reps.
Incline Press: 82.5 x 5. Going to steadily ramp up the weight in the weeks ahead.
Decline Close Grip Press: 82.5 x 5
Machine Chest Press: 85 x 5 (someone else was using my usual machine)
Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 22 x 20

I've been in an absolutely foul and conflicted state of mind since last week (I've been resenting my lessons), and being sick hasn't helped. It was really good to go back to the gym and hammer my feelings into scrap. Then I went home and got a bit of work done, which mollified me somewhat.

Hoping that the days ahead are better than these last few have been.

Good luck, Bees!

Playing: Remember how I said I got sick of Fallout 4? After I deleted it, I got sick for Fallout 4 and decided to reinstall it. Fool me once; should never have deleted it in the first place, even though it took up close to 100 GB on my hard drive. An unfortunate side effect of my totally removing F4 off my hard drive is that I don't totally remember how I installed my mods last time (let alone which ones I installed, or how I installed them). So reinstalling everything was a royal pain in the ass, and came with my fair share of bugs. For instance, I installed a mod that totally removed the weight (ie set to zero) of all junk. It didn't work this time... no idea why. After spending hours searching for a workaround, I realized that I could cheat and set my carryweight to superhuman levels: works like a charm. Suck it, Bethesda!

Destiny 2 got the boot, naturally (maybe until I can save up cash for the expansion packs). Resident Evil 4 stays - it's just so damn good. Looking forward to the REmake, which looks as cheesy and amazing as ever.

Watching: I'm preparing to watch The Outwaters tonight. I've heard that it's an absolutely bonkers found-footage delight, and I've been looking forward to it for a long time. The Perfection can wait.

Listening to: Sturgill Simpson - Make Art not Friends. Once again, Sturgill Simpson provides the soundtrack for my life.

"Face in the mirror's all skin and bone
Bloodshot eyes and a heart of stone
Never again, I'd rather be alone
Think I'm gonna just stay home
And make art, not friends
"

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Thank you @CODawn @JCU and @Tileenah. Plus @TopNotch .

I do feel a bit better.

Hi Bees. Today was an absolute slog - in regards to being sick, I'm still not out of the woods. Have had a cough and runny nose today, and Back day at the gym was especially difficult.

Deadlifts: 180 x 2. Ouch. I knew things were going to go wrong from the warmup sets. I'll try again when I'm feeling better.
Incline Rows: 28 x 6.
Machine One Armed Rows: 65 x 5.
Behind the Neck Pulldowns: 60 x 6.
Narrow Grip Rows: 55 x 6.
Pullups: Top set of 6.

Not one of my stronger days. I found today's workout just gruelling... usually I enjoy going to the gym, but today felt more like a half-hearted slog. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Thank you for reading, Bees!

Playing: More Fallout 4, though I've levelled up too quickly for my own good.

Watching: I fell asleep watching The Outwaters last night, so I'll give it another hack tonight.

Listening to: Bob Seger - Beautiful Loser. Been listening to a lot of Seger lately (my dad impressed on me the heartfelt nature of heartland and classic rock). Always loved this one!

Last edited:

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
@CODawn Judging by your comments, you've got some good taste in classic rock!

Hey Bees! End of the evening, and I'm more than a touch weary, but still alive and kicking (isn't that a Simple Plan song?). Today is the second Push Day of the week.

Bench Press: 112.5 AMRAP of 12 reps. It may be lingering sickness, but I'm still kinda disappointed.
Incline Press: Tacked on an AMRAP. 82.5 x 12.
Decline Close Grip Press: Ditto. 82.5 x 20.
Machine Chest Press: 105 x 15.
Machine Pushdown: 14 x 10
Flat Curls: 16 x 20. Not really feeling these today.

Dude, what is the trend with people jumping on machines the second you leave them? I turn away from my bench for half a minute to get water, and then come back to find two guys dismantling my weights. Come on, seriously? I think it's a HK thing. People don't generally put away their weights, so others assume that if nobody's around, the machine is vacant.

My lesson tonight went alright; we had it at a giant Starbucks. Interesting atmosphere. So I'm a bit mellower tonight. Being well again helps.

You made it to the weekend, Bees! Yay!

Playing: Obviously, more Fallout 4, though I think it's time that I explored other locales (ie the DLC). Will resume my playthrough of RE4 tonight.

Watching: Still watching The Outwaters. It's often compared to Skinamarink, an experimental flick I borderline hated. I would say Outwaters is more satisfying while still being "realistic" and cryptic.

Listening to: Sparks - The Girl is Crying in Her Latte. Sparks. Cate Blanchett. Combined = A winning formula. Amazingly, the band continues to push boundaries and remain relevant after more than (?) fifty years of existence.

As a bonus, here's another one: Sparks - Sherlock Holmes. Absolutely love this one. I think the basic message is from someone pining for their love, knowing that they will never match the feats of Sherlock Holmes, no matter what they do, and therefore, aren't enough for the one they love.

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
@CODawn That's who I was thinking of! I'd forgotten their name!

Still have a runny nose, and a bit of coughing. Not that that stopped me from hitting the gym and smashing Leg day! (With a mask, no less).

Squats: 110 x 6. No big progress, but still had to put my quads through their paces.
Front Squats: 75 x 5.
Split Squats: 60 x 5. I haven't done these in awhile. May have to use less weight next time.
Romanian Deadlifts: 90 x 6. Made a point of doing these with lighter weight (in the past, I've used 130), and worked on that hamstring stretch.
Lying Leg Curls: 50 x 6

And now I'm properly knackered. Today is a free day, so I'm going to unwind with more gaming, of course. Tomorrow is Korean BBQ, yeah!

Hope your weekend is going well, Bees!

Playing: Take a guess! Actually, after putting in my RE4 time last night (beat a boss monster), I played the demo of its modern remake. I think it's a killer slice of gameplay! I love the little refinements made to the environments and the enemies. Leon's movement speed is a bit off, but otherwise, it rocks! Looking forward to the real thing... when I have more money.

Watching: Finished Fauda Season 1 at the gym. Rarely does a series keep my attention so easily, so I'm definitely continuing this. Going to try to finish The Outwaters tonight (provided I don't fall asleep again), and then move on to Blood Red Sky.

Listening to: Sparks - Big Boy. There's nothing quite like the thrill of discovering a new song that you like. I suspect that this is going to happen a lot as I peruse Sparks' discography.

Last edited:

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Hi Bees! It's Monday again! That means another 2.25 kg increase to my working weights and an attempt at another AMRAP.

Bench Press: 115 x 12. Sometimes I impress! This one was a real fight, though.
Incline Press: 85 x 15.
Decline Close Grip Press: 85 x 22
Dips: Top set of 20.
Triceps Pushdown: 130 x 8.
Hammer Curls: 20 x 20

Interestingly, a progression on the three main lifts.

My neck has been stiff since my leg workout last week and I had a hell of a time trying to get to sleep. Here's hoping I don't have to adjust my head every few hours to get my neck in a comfortable position. I counted three different dreams, though I only remember the last one:

I was in Singapore, in full military tactical gear for training at a military facility. And my trainer kept taking me around the whole facility even though the weight of all my gear was dragging me down. Then we saw some attractive girls in BDU training, and I out loud joked "I'd let them teach me" and then I woke up. Bummer.

Hope your Monday is great, Bees!

Playing: I got fed up with Fallout 4 and uninstalled it, the whole kit and kaboodle. AGAIN. It was the crashing that got to me. I cannot tolerate a game in which I play for 15 minutes with or without crashing. So for now, I'm going to stick with RE4, and maybe give Cyberpunk a go again.

Watching: Just finished the Last of Us season finale at the gym. Hell of a season, and a major success for everyone involved; I'm particularly impressed with Bella Ramsey. I've never played the game (I hope to remedy that when it comes out on PC soon), but eagerly look forward to seeing the rest of the storyline continued. Still haven't finished The Outwaters. Nor started Fauda S2.

Listening to: The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone. A lot of this is true about my dad. Be that as it may, this song, which I first heard while driving through the USA with him, has come to symbolize our close relationship over the years.

"Hey Momma
I heard Papa called himself a jack-of-all-trades
Tell me is that what sent Papa to an early grave
Folks say Papa would beg, borrow, steal
To pay his bills
"

Last edited:

GentleOx

Warrior from Hong Kong
"So sleepy!"
Hey Bees! I'm well and back at the gym. My neck is still crrrreeeaakky, but I'm sure that I'll be better in a few days.

Kind of a mediocre level of strength day, though I did well with the deadlifts.

Deadlifts: 175 x 6. A miniature PR. I cheated a bit - I did it touch and go style rather than paused, but hey, that's okay with me.
T-Bar Rows: 90 x 5.
Machine One Armed Rows: 65 x 5.
Incline Rows: 26 x 6.
Lat Pulldowns: 65 x 5.
aaaand some Pullups.

As you can see, a lot of 5-rep sets. Not a lot of hi-octane stuff this time. That final deadlift set after my warmup (140, then 160) wiped me out for the rest of the workout. Need time to recuperate.

So tired. Spent some time after getting home eating dinner, washing up, and working on my lesson plan for tomorrow. Apparently the student lives right next door to me. Huh.

See you next time, Bees!

Playing: RE4 has taken up most of my time, but I'm trying to get back into Cyberpunk. It's still a bit dismaying that it runs like molasses on my PC; I guess I should be glad I'm not gaming on a PS4. I keep singing its praises, but RE4 is still as great as it was back then. Also reinstalled Days Gone, in the hopes that it can fill my open world gaming itch (Cyberpunk has too much... plot stuff).

Watching: Very much looking forward to John Wick 4. I remember watching the first instalment years ago and I knew it would be awesome. Watched a bit of Blood Red Sky at the gym; it's a very slick production, but I haven't gotten to the blood and guts stuff yet.

Listening to: I'm making a project of browsing past NewRetroWave songs and looking for diamonds in the rough. Haven't found many. Much as I love Synthwave, separating the wheat from the chaff is a very repetitive and often disappointing task.

So here's a blast from the past: Orax - It's Raining.