Alternative to DuoLingo?

Mamatigerj

from COSprings/CentralTX
Pronouns: she/her
I have been using the free version of DL for several years to practice German/Deutsch. I really liked it when i started: set my own goal of how much practice i wanted to do every day, build my skill and vocabulary, keep track of my streak, etc. But now i find that i am getting burnt out. It has gotten too competitive and gamified for me. (I do realize that is what a lot of people like, just not me.) Anyway, i am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an alternative that offers simple daily practice.

Lupus Sheol

Warrior Monk from USA
Anyway, i am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an alternative that offers simple daily practice.
Hello @Mamatigerj , I use DL for German practice too, along with Portuguese! Yes it has changed a lot, I still like it though.

I used Rossetta Stone in the past (the desktop version not the app) an it's still my favorite. I tried the app and kind of like it, just decided that the free alternatives like DL will be enough. I feel that is the best system aside from live couching or classes.

If you have a library card probably you can have access to Mango Languages for free (most libraries in US have it). The system is very different to DL, definitely not as gamified and more focused on your individual progress.

Hope you find a suitable alternative.