Back to Square One

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
... I am back!

So
Yelling about K-pop idols will sometimes get you silly prizes.
In my case, a vow to restart exercise.(1)
Zero Hero
Day 1, complete :v:

Hope things are going well and that the nutritionist is helping!
Hey thanks!
Not yet. I had to request a different nutitrionist, because the first one could not manage to turn up on time for 30-minute calls, so they inevitably took me an hour or more to complete. Rude.
I'll meet the new one this week.

Good to see you! Hopefully you'll get that blood pressure under control soon 🤞
Thank you!
Yeah I saw my doc last week, and we're content that the meds are doing what they should, although we changed one to reduce swelling in my legs.
I don't have to go back until much later in the year.
Hopefully I'll have managed to do things to get it down further by then.

(1) I can elaborate, but you may regret asking. Let's go with "pinky promise to get strong".

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Stretch :v:
Zero Hero Day 7 :v:
Zero Hero Day 8 :v:

My nutritionist checked over my logged meals today and basically said "looks great, keep going".
I'm very pleased of course! I've been trying hard to keep going with logging - it's tedious, as you know, but the programme's app makes it less-bad. Mostly you upload a pic and add some tags and you're good. Having the extra incentive of someone looking at it has been helpful.
On the other hand - I made the point in our last call that I'm not 100% sure what exactly I'm doing wrong! My diet isn't all that bad, actually, so what gives. I hope she's right and exercise is the missing element, then we'd have it cracked.
I'm somewhat excited about my weigh-in tomorrow: I'll see if things are working!
At this point, I don't even really care if progress is slow, just so long as there is SOME and I finally figure out what works for me.

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
I'm having a meh day - worked a little but then slumped and couldn't think of a single enjoyable thing to do.
But I exercised, at least!

Stupid wall sits. I thought of Tsuki the whole way through - look at herrrrrr, beating an Olympic athlete! - but it was still difficult.

Zero Hero 11 :v:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Hello everyone, I am here!

The nutritionist checked over my logs and again pointed out the meals she thought were good, which seems like a really helpful approach, vs. the previous one picking a random meal and trying to "improve" it - by swapping quinoa for some other grain I don't even remember, and telling me not to put chocolate flakes on it, totally ignoring the fact that's a thing I do once a week AND they are the dark kind, where cocoa is the main ingredient and not sugar. (Oh look, apparently I'm still mad about it!)
Anyway! Point being - it's going much better. I've changed to weighing myself every day rather than once a week, and that too is helping - for now.

I kinda flaked on Zero Hero again but am now getting a bit more serious about walking, because I want to be able to go on walks with my sister! We went exploring in our city yesterday - we were out for quite a while and covered about 8 km.
The rest of the week, I'm not always great at getting out of the house but I've found a "walking workout" program on YouTube, which is easy enough to do even when I feel tired and has very little friction in the way of me getting it done. Also, the instructor uses intervals, so hoorah for that!

I already log far too many things in far too many places, but let's see if I can do weekly summaries here.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Augh, NOT ME forgetting my nutritionist appointment until she called me!!
Super embarrassing, but I only missed out on a few minutes and the chat was productive and helpful.

That was the end of the 12-week "prescription" covered by health insurance, but she's offered me another program for 8 weeks starting in May, again paid for by the insurance company, so I've taken that. The topic is "gut health", so it should be very interesting. And there's another option I can take after that if I still want support.

I will not hear a bad word said about the German health insurance system thank you please.

And my task now is to revamp my meal plan, potentially creating a two-week plan or at least "swaps". Amazing to think that my menu started life as the DareBee vegan plan about 2.5 years ago! I've kept some of the breakfasts and swapped out a bunch of other things, especially once I transitioned back over to eating some meat, and again when I came back to the land of good bread and sausage.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
11 - 17 March

Day
Walk / workout
Steps​
M30 min intervals
3,408​
T40 min walk + 20 min
5,913​
W30 min intervals
3,480​
T-
161​
F-
135​
S-
61​
S90 min walk + 15 min
10,360​

The plan was 40 + 30 + 90 min and I easily covered that.
The schedule I follow on YouTube allows for a break on Thursdays and it just never works out for me - then I don't want to go on Friday and by Saturday it's Sofa Time Only Thank You!
So I've decided I'm making it non-optional. Even if I only exercise for 20 minutes, it nevertheless has to be done every day. Obviously in a sane way - it could happen that there's not even 20 minutes in a day (unlikely though), and if so, I simply have to continue the next day.

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
18 - 24 March
DayWalk / workout
Steps​
M30 min intervals
3,530​
Twalks (commute)
7,300​
Wwalks (commute, social)
5,437​
T40 min low impact
4,860​
F45 min walk
2,991​
S-
15​
S1h37 walk (100 min)
10,258​

The plan was 45 + 100 min, again I covered it.
The week was busy, got called into the office twice.
I had a lovely walk with my sister today.
I got my meal plan done, hooray!
I'm getting there with daily exercise, I think.