Because I'm Still Stupid...

LongSlowBurn

Pirate from Washington State, USA
"My most important classes in college were Kung Fu, Judo, and Beginning Gym Tumbling: those are the classes that taught me how to fly through the air and land on my head without dying."
Thank you @Fremen , @Mamatigerj , @MadamMeow !

April 1st through 3rd, 2024

New month, new programs! Let's see, what happened... someone tried to side swipe me in traffic today! Fun times!

Power HIIT - Days 1 - 3. Days 1 and 2 were full body, while Day 3 focused on core. My choices of weights seemed a little low, so that will have to change.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 1 - 3. Bicep Extensions, Shoulder Taps, Plank Holds. Part of me wants to add weights to the Bicep Extensions, so I'll see how this goes. Done.

Walk. I needed a bit of extra calorie burn on the 3rd, plus work is offering a Step Count Challenge... with prizes! So, basic walk around the park it is.
Steps: 7,392. I have no idea how accurate these things are.
Distance: 3.72 miles
Duration: 1 hr 7 minutes
Calories Burned: 641. Hey! I can have dinner now!

Calories Out: 11404
Calories In: 10213
Deficit: -1,191. About half of where I wanted to be, but still a deficit. Good enough!

LongSlowBurn

"My most important classes in college were Kung Fu, Judo, and Beginning Gym Tumbling: those are the classes that taught me how to fly through the air and land on my head without dying."
April 4th through 7th, 2024

Eventually, I'll start doing these every night again.

Power HIIT - Days 4 - 7. On the 5th (I think), I wound up falling asleep and not getting any workout done. Consecutive Days Exercising counter reset. :giveup: I doubled up on the 7th, though, so I'm caught back up on the days. Weights vary from 10 pounds to 20, depending on the exercise. Days 4, 5, 6, and 7 complete.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 4 - 7. I tried adding weights to the bicep extensions, but that's not really working. Maybe a 2.5 lb weight, but with this many reps, no weight will probably have to do.

Others. I did at least one cardio workout, and a couple of walks to improve my calorie and step counts. Nothing on the day I missed, though. :night:

Calories Out: 3132
Calories In: 2827
Deficit: -305. For the 7th only. I should have taken a walk when it was sunny out, instead of waiting for it to rain and for me to remember I needed to do laundry. Its still a deficit, though.

LongSlowBurn

April 8th through 12th, 2024

Really, really meant to do these every night... It's been a week of working swing shift, 5 in the afternoon until 2 in the morning, so I'm running on caffeine and junk food. Very not good long term. Good news, the project that has me doing this should be done tonight. In the meantime, here's Friday!

Power HIIT - Days 8 - 12. Well, I perused the guide on High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Benefits and I definitely, positively have not been doing these wrong. I definitely, positively have been doing the reps at speed and with light weights, giving me a bit of cardio as well as the strength boost. Definitely, positively. So, using 10 lb / 4.5 kg weights, I've completed Day 12 at Level 2. :approve:

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 8 - 12. All days completed. I've been bumping up the plank holds to match the number of shoulder taps, but that can be kind of rough when it's stacked with an upper body HIIT workout. But it's still done!

Calories Out: No idea
Calories In: No idea
Deficit: No idea, but it's probably not good.

LongSlowBurn

April 13th and 14th, 2024

Ever have one of those weekends where you can't tell if it was long or short because your sleep schedule is all messed up? Just me? Okay...

Power HIIT - Days 13 and 14. Lower body, then upper body. I found the 10 pound weights a bit much for the lower body, but that's mostly from what I think is some kind of inflamed tendon or ligament on the left knee. Upper body, the 5 lb weights seemed a bit light, but I knew the shoulder taps were coming, so I left it at that. Completed at Level 2 and Level 3.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 13 and 14. Completed.

Calories Out: Still no idea
Calories In: Still no idea
Deficit: No idea, but I'm going to start tracking again on Monday.

LongSlowBurn

April 15th, 2024

Just another day at work. Didn't get as many steps in as I wanted, and probably could have used the extra calories from those steps, too.

Power HIIT - Day 15. Core and a bit of upper body. I used the 10 lbs weights and found it easy enough. Maybe should have tried the 15s for a set. Anyway, completed at Level 3.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 15. Bicep extensions, no weights. Completed.

Calories Out: 3165
Calories In: 3058
Deficit: -107. Junk food for morning snack, fast food for lunch, candy bar after lunch... I'm surprised I still came in under the line. Tomorrow, I cheat my urges by not taking as much money with me to work.

LongSlowBurn

April 16th, 2024

Virtually no memory of this day. The whole week has been recovery from switching over from swing shift to regular shift because of last week. That means a lot of sleep got missed and more is getting missed now. I know I did some stuff, and remember the workouts. Mostly.

Power HIIT - Day 16. Upper body. I used 5 lb weights, as the punches would be dicey with the 10s. Pretty sure I completed this at Level 3, but it may have been Level 2.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 16. Shoulder Taps and Holds. Completed.

Calories Out: 3302
Calories In: 2786
Deficit: -516. Not bad!

April 17th, 2024

Not nearly enough walking at work today. I had to spend time standing at a workbench, which is not the calorie scorcher it should be. Fortunately, I can fix that at the end of the day.

Walk/Jog. I had a bit of time to kill, as I had to wait for the laundry machine to finish, so I went out and did a half-hour walk. To make things different, I jogged regular small portions of it. My legs took a while to warm up, but I was doing four 350 feet (100-ish meter) jogs per half mile (0.8 km) loop. Joints are not really ready for this every day yet, though.

Power HIIT - Day 17. Lower Body. That wasn't great after the jog, especially the lunges. Completed at Level 2.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 17. Bicep extenstions. No problems there, though.

Calories Out: 3540
Calories In: 2800
Deficit: -740. On target, yay!

April 18th, 2024

Well, my diet went down the tubes this morning. I thought that if I tried taking some items to work, I might not need the mear 600 calorie pack of chips I normally get. It turns out that Jimmy Dean Biscuit Sausage sandwhiches do nothing to fill you up. Neither do hot dogs from a convienence store. Luckily, I had a coworker mention that a stretch of concrete needed pressure washing, so I got a little extra burn (750 cals in an hour and a half!) in during the second half of the day. At least this won't end as badly as it could have.

Power HIIT - Day 18. Squat presses and upper body work. I used 10 lb weights to start, but dropped to 5 lb weights for the lateral raises only after the first set. There was burn, but not quite enough to really work up a sweat. If I go faster, though, I get sloppy. Just doing by best, I guess.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 18. Shoulder taps and holds, completed.

Calories Out: 3501
Calories In: 3180
Deficit: -321

LongSlowBurn

April 19th, 2024

Friday! A long, drawn out day, but everything that needed to get done got done. Even got a tool repaired at work! Plans are made for Monday, so work is finished.

Walk/Jog. If I remember right, and based on my Fitbit logs, I fell asleep after getting home from work, then woke up late. I wanted to keep up with a bit of walking and jogging, so I ended up doing this late. Same pattern as before: jog the length of one block, walk the next block, jog, then walk, and so on. It took three laps before my legs were finally getting warmed up enough to not ache with every step. But it was after midnight by this point, so time to head in.
Distance: 1.89 miles
Duration: 26.5 minutes

Power HIIT - Day 19. Core Work. It's technically the 20th, but so what? Straightforward workout, completed at level 3 with a 10 pound weight.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Days 19. Bicep extensions. Completed, no problem.

Calories Out: 3607
Calories In: 3206
Deficit: -401. Looking at my log, that could have been better. Those Jimmy Dean biscuits gotta go.

April 20th, 2024

Mostly hung out through the day, got lots of sleep. Then, I headed out to water my little hidden tree shortly before sundown. On the way back, I saw the "trailhead" I've known was there, but have never investigated. Well, I have a half hour before sunset, why not check it out?

PXL_20240421_024835452.jpg

PXL_20240421_030310224.jpg

PXL_20240421_030808840.jpg

PXL_20240421_030840127.jpg

Ahhh... Spring time in the Pacific Northwest!

Walk. The aforementioned trail. I went 15 minutes in and about 10 minutes back out. The initial 5 minutes led me down a walking path that turned into a mud field which then turned into a lake. The water table is pretty low here. I backtracked and took the other direction on the path until I reached the half way mark of my half hour trip before turning around. I'm pretty sure the path ended not too far from where I turned around, but I guess I'll have to go back to find out for sure. I had a few minutes left so I took a look at the walking path on the other side of the road from where I parked, leading down a short space into what looked to be either farmland or a nature preserve. There are both in this area, but the sign didn't say No Trespassing, so...
Distance: 1.55 miles.
Duration: 34 minutes

Walk Again. On the way back from the first stop, I went into work and... took care of the rest of those buscuit sandwiches. That means I'll need some extra calorie burn, plus help keeping the legs in shape. So, off on the full walk! Which I then cut a little short, which was fine because I was being creeped up on by rowdy youngsters in a car. Not a great feeling when walking down a road at 11 pm. They turned around and headed back the way they came when I cut off and headed across a field. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. But I'm here to report it, so it's all good.
Distance: 2.8 miles
Duration: 53 minutes

Power HIIT - Day 20. Upper Body. I used 10 pound weights all through, but I think I cut myself off at Level 2. The Lateral Raises probably should have been done with the 5 pounders, then I could have finished at Level 3. But, done is done!

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Day 20. Taps and Holds. After upper body. Uggghhh... Done, and it's getting easier! Yay!

Calories Out: 3149
Calories In: 2756
Deficit: -393. Still a deficit. And those buscuits are now gone, and I have no desire to buy them again. Biscuits really shouldn't have a rubbery texture.

April 21st, 2024

Water the plants... do some laundry... make an IKEA run... Pretty basic weekend. I had wanted to get up to a nearby mountain to do a hike this weekend, but I read that the weather was going to be bad these two days (it wasn't) and that the road up there is still socked in with snow (probably true). Well, my plan is to try again on May 18th, bit of an anniversary day for it.

Walk/Less Jog. Oww! Oww! Oww! Okay, there was some jogging, but just imagine the old man shuffle and you'll know how that went. I cut the jogs pretty quick and am realizing either I need more rest breaks or some tendon training. My legs are not liking me much right now.
Distance: 1.7 miles.
Duration: 33 minutes.

Power HIIT - Day 21. Oh, good. Lower body. Used 10 lb weights and finished at Level 2. The split lunges were not helping.

Upper Body Blast Challenge - Day 21. Bicep Extensions. Up to 40, still no problem.

Calories Out: 3563
Calories In: 2874
Deficit: -689. Did pretty good until the last second, then flubbed with a bit too much ice cream. Oh well, it's better than the last two days!