Change gears

SlothEnergy

Happy New Year, Bees! :worried:

I hope you all woke up this start of year with energy and optimism, and that you will have a 2024 filled with love and joy!

Here is my check-in for the past two weeks:
:v: Fit December days 18 to 31
:v:
Power Squats days 17 to 30
Knee push-ups days 13 to 22
Wall push-ups only days 12 and 13. I have a problem doing the to failure wall push-up holds. I can hold for quite some time and I get bored after a couple of minutes :LOL:
Actually, I have to admit, at some point it starts hurting and I have to stand it quite a lot because the muscles don't actually fail, they just hurt. That's what I don't like.
I finally finished Zen. It took longer to do the meditation days. Meditation is hard, guys...
And let's not forget the Darebee tree ornament (I got the controller) and the snow fight :LOL:

I'm on 2957 XP.

My new program will be Hero's Journey. You have to do Hero's Journey at some point, right?
Have a great day, Bees!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
I have a problem doing the to failure wall push-up holds. I can hold for quite some time and I get bored after a couple of minutes
I had the same problem. I was told to stand further from the wall because then you get more weight on your arms and you won't last 5+ minutes.

Congrats on Squats and Zen and your ornament.
Have fun with HJ.
And Happy New Year.

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
I had the same problem. I was told to stand further from the wall because then you get more weight on your arms and you won't last 5+ minutes.
I second this suggestion. A wall push-up is an incline push-up. The less the incline, the harder the push-up. Once you start to get so low on the wall you cannot move out further for danger of sliding off, switch to a horizontal surface: counter top, table, chair, etc.--whatever is at the right height such that the hold is possible but challenging enough that you won't be able to maintain it to the point of boredom.

Congratulations on completing Fit December, Zen, and the Power Squats Challenge and on earning your ornament!

SlothEnergy

Hello, Bees! :worried:
Like I said, I started Hero's Journey. I have a harder time with it than I had hoped. The first couple of days, I did it at level III, but day 5 kind of got me. I struggled to do it at level II, but then my back started to hurt again. I had to leave HJ for a day and do some other workouts. Went back to it today, with day 6 also at level II and only 3 sets for the WP.
Well, it's fine. I will take more time with it and do it at levels I or II, depending on the day. If I don't remember to not push too hard, my back is sure to remind me :LOL:.

Here is what I did this week:
Have a great week, Bees!

SlothEnergy

Good morning, Bees! :coffee:
In the last two weeks, I continued with Hero's Journey for some time, but I've decided to take a longer rest at the refuge :LOL:. Before I left my quiet home to go on the great adventure, my mama told me I wasn't ready for it yet, but I didn't listen and went away with great dreams of slaying dragons. After trekking through woods, struggling with obstacles and nosy oracles, and crossing a collapsing bridge, the elements got me. I almost died in the storm and luckily, a kind soul took me to the refuge where I am currently recovering. :D

But walking around the place, I found a book seller and stumbled upon a book of spells that took me into another realm :LOL:. I started to do Spellbound, which is quite fun. I like that some days are quite customizable, when I get to choose which spells to charge. So I am currently on chapter 9, on only the second day in the kingdom and already a fugitive, off with this guy named Logan to look for the druid. I'm trying not to read ahead, but it's hard :angel:

This is what I did in the past two weeks:
  • Hero's Journey days 7 to 12
  • Spellbound days 1 to 8
  • Best foot forward
  • Workout I Needed Today
  • And some mobility/ stretching workouts: Spine Mobility, Neck Mobility x 2, Standing Mobility x 3, Upper Body Mobility, Stretched
For the next few days I'll be out of town and exercising will be more difficult. However, I hope to be able to do at least some small thing. I'm thinking of Square 1 and I also watched all Damer's hacks on the Darebee Youtube channel. I hope they'll help me keep my streak.

Have a great weekend, Bees!

SlothEnergy

Hello, my Bees!

I was on a short vacation last week and didn't have much time or room to exercise, but I still did Square 1 workouts and some small workout hacks. Also, there was a lot of walking, so I can definitely say that I kept my streak :D.

Other than that, I continued with Spellbound, which I quite like. It has some nice D&D vibes :LOL:.

So here is my previous week:
Have a great week!

SlothEnergy

Hello, Bees! And thank you @Mamatigerj , @JCU , @Laura Rainbow Dragon , @MadamMeow , @CODawn , @Deadoks , @Mianevem , @Fremen , @Froud for the congrats!:worried:

These past 2 weeks have been crazy for me, but I did work out. I finished Spellbound which I really enjoyed! I'm in an RPG mood at the moment. Another thing I also enjoyed is the Anti-aging mobility workout. When I first tried it, I had trouble with the cross-legged to stand exercise. However, it didn't take long to learn to do it well. I tried with just one set a couple of times, but I did four sets on Saturday and I liked how I was able to move up and down smoothly :happy:. Exercises that involve even a tiny bit of skill are very satisfying.

The past two weeks went with:
I haven't updated my XP count in a while. I am at 3210 points.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Today I have an exactly 1 year uninterrupted workout streak! :strong:

Have a great week, Bees!

SlothEnergy

Aaand Pathfinder done :LOL:.

I managed to keep exercising and the XP that I count with each workout went to 3403. But I am a bit worried about my habit. I am not as disciplined as I was with my morning routine. I wasn't where I wanted to begin with, but now I start workouts later and later. And they are shorter than before. I rarely go above 30 minutes. It's true that the Pathfinder workouts were sometimes rather intense for me, so that compensates the shortness, but somehow I feel that I've lost some of my rhythm. I need to find ways to boost it back.

So next month, I am doing the Go to Bed on Time challenge again because this has been a problem lately and influenced my wake up time. I also feel that RPG helps, therefore my next program will be Shadebound. Additionally, spring is here so I will have more daylight and motivation to go outside and exercise, which will help me continue the 60 Days of Walking program.
Have a great next week, Bees!:worried: