TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Happy Birthday GIF

Okay, you may be a bit younger...

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Pronouns: She/They
So it took me a bit longer to post the update. Oops!

Last I checked in was February, I don't remember if during or after I suffered from a major depressive event which put me off work for an entire month. It also impacted my training because I was unable to do anything anymore. I eventually got back on me feet also thanks to a new psychiatrist and a change in meds, did some small runs then stopped again.

I did not completely abandon exercise. I found a hiking group and did a couple hikes with them as well as some colleagues, not no bodyweight or running.

Flash forward to mid-April and a friend dragged me back onto the track, tricking into run/walking 7k with him. I somehow had DOMS in my abs the next morning.

The same weekend, I go first on 15km hike then on a 20km.

2 days later I twist my ankle. :sadness:

So I've been in recovery since doing ankle exercises and basically just waiting to get better. Thanks also to my new boyfriend however I have not been completely still, as he enouraged me to still do relatively easy hikes while wearing a splint.

End of last month I went on a two week to Sri Lanka to visit a friend, and parlty visited the island solo while he was working. During this trip I discovered I could go biking without any pain which lead my boyfirend (who is a cyclist) to schedule a couple of bike trips with me.

So I guess I am cycling now.

My ankle still hurts in some position but is much better now, so yesterday I decided to do day one of 8 weeks to 5K to see what gives. No pain to be felt. So I was left with the decision of whether I follow the 8 weeks to 5K program again or if I take an accelerated route because I really do not want to wait 8 weeks again until I can run decent distances.

Then today I went ahead and ran 3.5 km with no issue. :ragdoll:

So, I am a bit unsure where to go from here :LOL:. I think I will use the 8 weeks to 5K as a template starting from day 28 on Tuesday, but make my long runs longer than what is suggested by the program. I may also have two long runs in the week. It all depends on how my ankle holds up.

In any case it's good to be back and to have a partner who is motivating as a change.

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Thank you @JCU @Montserrat @CODawn @Ekaterina @Fremen and @Tileenah for the warm welcome back! I will start catching up with everyone's threads this week.

In the meanwhile, I think I figured out how I wanna organise my running program:

Monday: Run
Tuesday: Lower Body Exercise
Wednesday: Run
Thursday: Upper Body
Friday: Lower Body
Saturday: Long Run
Sunday: Cross-Training

Where Cross-Training means primarily hiking and cycling, with maybe the occasional swim, kayaking etc. Mostly we are outside on Sunday doing something which is not running so I am leaving that one open.

Comments are welcome. :LOL:

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Thank you @JCU @Tileenah and @Ekaterina !

Th eexercises are the ones from the 5 weeks to 5K although seeing how I will only follow two weeks of that I will need to find something else soon, now htat I think of it. There are not specific core exercises in it so I guess I will add a core workout during each strength session.

Or maybe I will just to the july challenge :LOL:

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Ok, I am being a bit shitty at regularly posting. I wanted however to share some achievements:

5K ran last Saturday for the first time in 5 years
lost the weight I gained during my depressive episode and can now fit in a pair of trousers I could not even close two months ago :LOL:

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
So Wednesday I did the Darebee WOD and Yoga.
Yesterday I did yoga and swimming.
Today I can't move.

In other news I was diagnosed with a frayed meniscus so running is off the table. At least for now. I see there are people with fucked up menisci running marathons and people without a meniscus doing the same so I still have some hope that with proper PT I will be able to run again. My ortho also did not exclude it completely so there is that.

By the way I probably will not be posting regularly anymore, nothingbad happened quite the opposite but the result is I don't have a need for a training log anymore. :)

I WILL be posting sporadically to keep everyone posted, and on the other hand I plan to use the time I won't be using to do my posts to cheerlead everyone else on.

Oh I also lost 10kg since May. I still have a voice in the back of my head telling me I will gain it all back though so I have not yet done any sorting through my clothes, but there are quite a few which are... well, baggy is the word.