Keeping Momentum

Logan

Gladiator from Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania, US
Pronouns: He/Him
"Once more, once more."
Sports clothes, laundry, etc.
Might I suggest a solution? Presuming you bathe soon after workouts/running, why not jump in the shower while still dressed?
The clothes get a rinse and as you go just hang them on the shower curtain rod to dry.
We did this in the past sometimes after very muddy sports practices.

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Pronouns: She/They
Thank you @JCU , @Louve Rose @Sif_Shepard, @Anek for the hugs and healing vibes. They are much appreciated and seem to work too as I am already feeling better. And managed to catch up on Fit December again!

@Logan I have never thought of that! The idea of jumping into the shower with clothes on is a bit strange to me but indeed for a muddy workout it’s perfect! I will give it a try with the clothes which take little time to dry. :)

Consecutive Days: 20

Hall passes available: 4
Hall passes used: 2
Ornaments - Coconut - Total Side-Kicks: 1010 :completed:

Thurday, 15th of December

Morning (Before Breakfast)

:x: 5 minute Yoga Stretches
:v: 3x Sun Salutations
:v: First Thing Push-Ups Day 3. I decided this one is not for me. I will be switching to the Knee Push-Up challenge instead and do it with incline push-ups on a chair
:v: Step Up Challenge Day 15
:v: 50 Side Kicks

Daytime
:v: 40 Side Kicks
:v: Fit December Day 14
:v: 100 Side Kicks
:v: 8 Weeks to 5K Day 44 - 35x2 Squats, 15x4 Calf Raises

Evening - (Before Dinner)
:v: Quick Warmup
:v: Fit December Day 15
:x: Knee Saver Workout
:x: Balance Workout
:x: Afterglow Yoga Workout

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Thank you @NancyTree , @JCU , @TheLibrarian , @lofivelcro , @BetaCorvi , @Froud , @Fremen !

My cold/flu came back with a vengeance today, my head was spinning all morning and was the prey of constant sneeze fits. Took it easy as a result today, wanted to do a catch-up run but decided to skip it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I can finally run again. Everyone in the office is sick too...

Consecutive Days: 21

Hall passes available: 4
Hall passes used: 2

Friday, 16th of December

Morning (Before Breakfast)

:v: 5 minute Yoga Stretches
:v: 3x Sun Salutations
:v: Step Up Challenge Day 16

Daytime
:v: Fit December Day 16
:x: 8 Weeks to 5K Day 44 - 35x2 Squats, 15x4 Calf Raises

Last edited:

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Thank you @Sif_Shepard @Anek @JCU

Today was not much better but at least this time I know I am at the end of it. Turns out I just had a cold and went through my usual three day ritual of : cold, better, vengeance, cry my eyes out (which is a very impressive looking day where I feel better but my eyes just keep crying so I can’t do anything), and then tomorrow I should be good again. I had just forgotten about it because a nice side effect of COVID is that for two years I was able to avoid this winter rite of passage.

So today I took a hall pass, did a YWA yoga for self-care session and a wrist and foot workout. 😁 also been drinking lots of tea and using all the tissues in the house. Just happy it’s soon over.

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Thanks @CODawn !

And nope. I am still sick. Though you will still find me throwing snowballs in the other thread. Maybe tomorrow is finally the day?

In the meanwhile I did, to keep it low-key, the neck mobility workout, breathe easy workout and Zen workout.

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Hellooooo! I am unsick! :LOL:

I just spend the past 30 minutes trying to catch up on everyone's log. I hope I did not miss anyone.

This is my last post before I take the plane to my In-Laws for Christmas, after which my posts will probably become sporadic for a bit. My goals are to keep up with fit December and finish 8week to 5k before the end of the year. (It used to be before christmas but the cold has been a bit of a setback).

So, I started getting back into my routine yesterday although it's been a bit all over the place in terms of order. In any case here it goes:

Consecutive Days: 25

Hall passes available: 3
Hall passes used: 3

Monday, 19th of December

Daytime

:v: Step Up Challenge Day 17+ 18
:v: Fit December Day 18

Tuesday, 20th of December

Daytime

:v: Step Up Challenge Day 19 + 20
:v: Fit December Day 19 + 20
:v: Knee Push-Ups Challenge Day 1

Run 20 Minutes (8 Weeks to 5K Day ???) I was trying to do day 49 but I guess I am still a bit too weak. I will continue on Day 50 tomorrow if I have time and see how I feel.

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
thank you @Anek @lofivelcro @NancyTree @Montserrat @mavie and @CODawn !

It took me a bit linger than expected to check in. To give the cliff notes, I am on track with Fit December and, while I am not running at the same frequency as before the holidays I am still running and on track to finish the 8weeks to 5k program tomorrow.

Hope you are all doing well and wish everyone a belated happy Christmas ! I will try to do a more detailed post tonight.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

lpf

Rogue Posts: 285
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
Happy new year
:fireworks:

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
So that slump became a long-lasting bout of depression. Doctor appointments were taken, and I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel finally. Tomorrow morning I shall go running again, at least ten minutes, and then I will see where to go from there.

BrigidForged

Shieldmaiden from France
Thank you everyone for the hugs! I am sorry if I am not tagging you personally, being social is still hard. That is also why I may still not be very active on everyone's threads. All I can say is that yes, it's getting better. I was put on sick leave for a few weeks which was hard but helped. On the other hand I was unable to exercise during this period and my eating when to shit.

On the bright side, I went running yesterday and managed to go 15 minutes in a go before tiring. Which puts me smack down the middle of the 8 weeks to 5K once challenge now program. Which, by the way, I had finished on the 31st of December before everything started unravelling. Just as I had actually finished FIT December. So I got put halfway back. Which is better than all the way back, to be honest.

I haven't had the courage to weigh myself to see the damage in that area, but seeing how tight everything feels I think I packed a few pounds.
By the way, this is not important for me for aesthetic purposes, it's just that I really enjoy hiking and running and boy can I feel the difference of a few pounds.

Anyhow, moving forward....

I decided that I am going to start the 8 Weeks to 5k program on Day 28 and follow it until the end. Yes, that will be my new program. :D

I may add some upper-body workout in a week. Just gradually increasing until I get to a routine I am happy with. :)

Monday, 20th of January

:v: 8 Weeks to 5K - Day 29

Thank you again bees for the hugs! They mean a lot!