Flare's Journey to Fitness

Flare

Fae from Springfield, IL, US
Pronouns: she/her
"Current Program: 30 Days Cardio Blast"
I'm still trying to lose weight and get into shape. It's definitely a battle. I know my diet isn't the best, but it isn't terrible. I just need to move my body a bit more and I'm sure things will at least even out so it's not all stuck on my abdomen. Anyway, I totally forgot about Fit December until this morning. I decided to use hall passes for the first two days of the month, so I did 80 jumping jacks followed by Day 3 of Fit December. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on track with it. Fingers Crossed!

Flare

Thanks all! I've actually been a member of the Hive for a long time and was one of the first accounts on the forum when it first started. For some reason when I went to log in it said that my account didn't exist, so I created a new one. I wonder if it got purged since I hadn't logged in in a very long time and it looks like there was a move to a new server? Anyway, it doesn't matter. Glad to be back!

Today I did Day 4 of Fit December. I'm a day behind and just didn't have time to make it up. I also just didn't want to use a hall pass again. I'll try and squeeze in 2 days in the near future. It'll be fine.

Flare

I fell too far behind on Fit December, so I decided to move on to Baseline. I did 3 sets of Day 1 and it wasn't too bad. I really struggle with consistency. I really like the programs but then I end up skipping days, fall too far behind, and then just give up and move on to something else. I very rarely finish a program or even a monthly challenge. It's very frustrating.

Flare

I'm done through Day 4 now. Probably waited a bit too long between days 3 and 4, but oh well. The important thing is I picked it back up. I'm also making a commitment to stop drinking alcohol altogether, so we'll see if that also has an impact on my weight/fitness.

bryangarrett

I'm glad to hear you're trying to get into shape and lose weight! It's a challenge, but if you keep on it, you'll get there. And hey, sounds like you started off on the right foot with your Fit December plan. I know it's hard to stay motivated and on track with your diet and exercise plan, so here's something that might help. Have you heard of Cardarine? It's a great supplement to help you lose weight and get into shape faster. I've personally used it and seen great results. I take it from purerawz.co, and It always helps me to get faster into good shape.

Last edited:

Flare

Well, I've missed a day here and there, but I'm still at it! Just finished Day 12 of Baseline. I think I'm on a good track to finish it, which I'm excited about. I've got a new planner for the upcoming year and it's got a habit tracker in it, which I plan on using. I'm hoping to make 2023 the year of me and my self-care.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year
:fireworks:

Flare

Happy New Year everyone! I'm starting the new year off right with exercising. I finished Day 15 of the Baseline program and started the Guardian challenge since it's the January challenge. I did have to fight off 100 goblins, but they fell beneath my might.

Flare

Well, I did it, folks. Today I finished Baseline! I've also exercised every day this year, except for one (had a horrible migraine one day). I'm very proud of myself. I've also kept up with The Guardian challenge, minus that one day. I'm still on track to finish by the end of the month, though, so I'm happy with that.

I'm going to be starting Foundation Light next. My plan is to do all of the level I programs, then level II and so on. I thought that would be a good way to build strength without burning myself out by going too hard too fast. I also plan to continue to do monthly challenges.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats:worried:

Flare

Today I finished the Foundation Light program. I'm pretty proud of myself for having finished yet another program essentially straight through. I missed one day last week because I was sick. I've been doing well with the Warrior Abs Challenge, as well. I've noticed some changes, physically, that I'm pretty happy about, too. All told, I'm feeling pretty good about where I'm at.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
Congrats :worried:

Flare

I had started the Warrior Arms challenge, but now I've gotten pink eye and I'm not a fan of working out in my glasses like that (I'm normally a contacts wearer). I'll keep going with Square One, though, since that's lighter and easier to do in glasses.

Mianevem

Valkyrie from Budapest, Hungary
Do you absolutely need glasses for working out? Often, if I work out first thing in the morning, I don't put my contact lenses in, nor my glasses on, since I only need to be able to see my phone's screen, so no need to already start drying my eyes with contacts, and my glasses bother me just like you said.
(Of course this isn't the case if a run is my first workout, I definitely wouldn't leave the house without a good enough vision.)

Flare

Do you absolutely need glasses for working out? Often, if I work out first thing in the morning, I don't put my contact lenses in, nor my glasses on, since I only need to be able to see my phone's screen, so no need to already start drying my eyes with contacts, and my glasses bother me just like you said.
(Of course this isn't the case if a run is my first workout, I definitely wouldn't leave the house without a good enough vision.)
I literally can only see like an inch or two in front of my face without anything, so for me, yes, it's a necessity. I wouldn't be able to see my phone without putting it right in front of my face. I don't know if you know prescriptions but I'm -4.50 and -4.75 (between 20/300 and 20/400) in my eyes.....

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
Congrats :worried:

Flare

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

Starting over again! I've been really inspired by Nesta in ACOTAR and Celaena in ToG to work out and get into shape. It's been a while since I last worked out, so I decided to start a new program, which is the Zero Hero. I've also been seeing people post about doing Nesta's 10,000 steps challenge, but my stamina is nowhere near ready for that. So, I decided to add the Walkabout Challenge as a way to work on that. Excited for the journey ahead!

Flare

Forgot to post here last night. Oops!

Woo! Finished! I'm doing the Zero Hero at level 2 since I've done the program once before. The heat wave we're having right now even reaches my basement, but luckily I've got a box fan down there that I run on me so I don't overheat. I'm still sweating a bit though...