Hello

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
Hi everyone. Had one thread here before the site got moved and hadn’t quite gotten off the mark yet…so I guess we’ll call this a reintroduction?

The short story for me is that I am starting over after an injury I suffered last March in an act of stupidity. I was taking what was labeled a beginner level Pilates class on fitness platform NEOU (I have since left it) and basically overextended myself to screw up my right leg but good. Please don’t give me sympathy cards for that because I don’t deserve them.

In actual practice I could use accountability and nutrition help, but the platform I wanted to look into tried to get me to spend $600 without getting a consult with one of their trainers first. I told them in reply that they could either give me a consult with one of their trainers or we’d automatically have no deal.

You can tell how that turned out because I’m here instead, taking what feels like a huge gamble on a DIY approach because I am otherwise out of options (I do not have access to a gym).

So there are two questions basically:

1) Where to start? A program would probably be my best friend even if I can’t follow it to the letter right away.

2) I could use an accountability buddy…any volunteers?

Oh, I’m David if you need a name. I’ll work on that profile and pick a profile pic eventually.

Redline

DAREBEE Team
DAREBEE Team
Ninja from Marseille, France
Hi David, and... welcome back, I guess?

Darebee now has lots of options for people who want to get back into fitness or start from scratch.

Square One, Baseline or Foundation would all be good choices to begin with, depending on whether you're rather looking for cardio or strength-oriented training.

The most important thing is to try and make it a daily habit, and have as much fun as possible doing it. ;)

Do let us know if you have more questions!

TopNotch

Ranger from Australia
"Motivation is temporary. Discipline is forever."
Hi, David :hi:
There are a couple of questions you need to ask yourself:
  1. What do you want to achieve?
  2. What is your current level of fitness?
All programme can be done in any way you feel you can do them. Ideally, they should be done as written, but we all know other things get in the way. The important thing is that you move.
As far as accountability buddies is concerned - that's all of us here!
Have fun. Keep us in the loop. :cool:

TakingBabyStepsBack

"Keep fighting. Fortune will favor the patient and persistent."
Hi David, and... welcome back, I guess?

Darebee now has lots of options for people who want to get back into fitness or start from scratch.

Square One, Baseline or Foundation would all be good choices to begin with, depending on whether you're rather looking for cardio or strength-oriented training.

The most important thing is to try and make it a daily habit, and have as much fun as possible doing it. ;)

Do let us know if you have more questions!
I guess that’s what the Help Desk area would be for (yes, you may poke fun at my implied “Captain Obvious” moment)?