Help in my training and nutrition

i.ellawendy

None from Egypt
Hi there,
I have been in and out in training for many years now. Currently, I am having 3 days training per week (Running and swimming afterwards). I train between lightly and moderate.

I have a problem with my weight, 18-20 kg overweight (some injuries but overcome them thanks god) and an unstable nutrition plan. My day looks like this

Training Day:
07:30 AM - 08:30 AM Getting up and going to work
09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Work
05:30 PM - 06:30 PM Commute to training
06:30 PM - 07:30 PM Running, Strength, Stretch (Basically no equipment)
08:00 PM - 09:00 PM Swimming
11:00 PM - ... Sleep

No Training Day:
Training Day:
07:30 AM - 08:30 AM Getting up and going to work
09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Work
05:30 PM - 06:30 PM Commute to home
nothing else (plying PS, games, extra work or do practically anything) :)

The problem now is that I cannot fit in a good nutrition plan, I am hungry pre training and post training, so I eat anything Infront of me :D

What should I do? Should I plan meals to eat up all my food before 06:30 pm? or should I phase down something specific? Also, what type of portion % should I look to focus on? I mean in terms of Proteins Carbs and Sugar, etc...

Most of my food intake has 40-50% ++ Carbs and the rest is proteins.

from Australia
"So Far No Limits"
I use a Nutrition App and a Fit Bit. I think they are very helpful. You can track you calories in v calories burned and if you remain calorie deficient logic says you will lose weight.

Somalution

Ranger from Roodepoort, South Africa.
Hi, and well done for getting after it 3 days a week. That's a great start! Discipline is more important than motivation- if you can keep moving like you are, and sticking to that- no matter what- you're on the right track.

In terms of diet- keep it as simple as you can:
1) Each meal: Fist size carbs (YOUR fist size), fist size protein, and as much vegetables as you want is a good basic rule.
2) Do some research on "good" and "bad" carbs.
3) More/Less/Start/Stop: think of something you want to do more of- like drink water, something you want to do less of- maybe processed food, something you want to start- maybe vitamins, and something you want to stop- maybe takeouts.. you know what these things are already :)
4) Keep healthy snacks nearby- putting junk in your mouth ruins any progress you make during your training days. Healthy bars, peanuts, fruits, etc.
5) HYDRATE! Whenever you feel hungry, down 2 glasses of water and try to hold out until your next full meal.
6) Google Intermittent Fasting. I only eat at 2pm every day. For other reasons than weight loss- but IF has huge weight loss benefits if done right (Look for Thomas Delauer on youtube too).
7) Check out the principles in this "fire diet" https://medium.com/in-fitness-and-i...y-less-body-fat-and-better-sleep-2ba238177e09 - basically starting your day with most of your protein and ending it with most of your carbs. Yes. Really :)

Pls give feedback on how you go, and what you found helpful :)