Hip "Clicking"

guibo94

Gladiator from New Asgard
"Silent but deadly."
Hi Bees!

I just wanted ask if anyone has experienced "click" or "pop" sound in their hip joint when doing standing hip rotations? It is not painful but I have noticed a consistent "click" in my left hip joint and I am just wondering what to do about. I did have an ACL surgery on my knee on that same side about 20 years ago, which might be related.

guibo94

"Silent but deadly."
Hi! Is it constant or just while doing specific exercises?
It is consistent when I my hip is only thing supporting my leg weight (leg raises, hip rotations, etc..) and it only happens when I use majority of my ROM - nothing happens with flutter kicks. Its not painful just weird and doesn't seem "right"

Tileenah

Warrior from France
It is consistent when I my hip is only thing supporting my leg weight (leg raises, hip rotations, etc..) and it only happens when I use majority of my ROM - nothing happens with flutter kicks. Its not painful just weird and doesn't seem "right"
Can you remember when it started or have you just noticed it recently?

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
*raises hand*
Here! I have the same, during leg raises, march steps (well, during those it's more like a *clock clock clock* and not a *click click click*), hip rotations, bicycle crunches and everything similar. Never got hurt, never had an accident. I don't have pain when that happens, so I ignore it. It's the same with my left shoulder, my elbows, and my jaw. No idea what causes it, but you learn to live with it and accept that you're different from the other cool old kids (or not)
:bored:

guibo94

"Silent but deadly."
Can you remember when it started or have you just noticed it recently?
It's kind of been there for a long time and I remember it during my recovery appointments from knee surgery and vaguely before that. It is more noticable now because I started doing hip rotations for my warmup so i notice it daily. I guess I am just afraid that I am grinding away at my bones and it is going to become something terrible down the road.

guibo94

"Silent but deadly."
*raises hand*
Here! I have the same, during leg raises, march steps (well, during those it's more like a *clock clock clock* and not a *click click click*), hip rotations, bicycle crunches and everything similar. Never got hurt, never had an accident. I don't have pain when that happens, so I ignore it. It's the same with my left shoulder, my elbows, and my jaw. No idea what causes it, but you learn to live with it and accept that you're different from the other cool old kids (or not)
:bored:
First off, I am glad to see that you made it back to Darebee!!! I just popped over to your check-in and totally understand the whole quitting the internet thing. I did a massive purge, but not 100%.

So are you taking on any apprentices because I think I need to train under you to learn how to be a click-clock master. It bugs the crap out of me, haha!

Tileenah

Warrior from France
It could be a labral tear (that is the cartilage around the coxal part of the hip) but I really can't be sure. Nothing much to do about it anyway. If it worries you you can always talk about it with your GP next time you see them. But you don't risk anything and can continue your daily life with the click. The best thing you can actually do is continue exercising as it's the only way to keep our joints in good health 😉

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
First off, I am glad to see that you made it back to Darebee!!! I just popped over to your check-in and totally understand the whole quitting the internet thing. I did a massive purge, but not 100%.

So are you taking on any apprentices because I think I need to train under you to learn how to be a click-clock master. It bugs the crap out of me, haha!
Hey, glad to see that you still remember me! And I just dropped Hero's Journey for the second time! :LOL: Hope you are doing well, seeing that you don't have a check-in of yourself.

About the clicking thing... I guess it's just something you have to convince yourself that as long as it doesn't hurt, it's not harmful. I actually was at an orthopaedist because of all that clicking, and he basically said the same. It sounds pretty awful, though, I give you that.
What helps me is:
-listen to music while training
-enjoying the disgusted faces my husband makes
-pretty much "just deal with it".

I'm afraid I don't have much more to give :sadness: