How is difficulty for individual workouts determined?

Ty_14

How is difficulty for individual workouts determined?

I did a difficulty 3 workout yesterday, and then did an entirely unrelated difficulty 3 workout today, and had a significantly easier time. I didn't break a sweat today and was dying yesterday, and it got me wondering how the difficulty level is actually determined? It's normally pretty true to the actual difficulty even when I'm convinced it isn't at the beginning, so I'm not complaining, just curious.

I swear I looked around for an FAQ to no avail, this does seem like a question that would have been posed before, but alas, I was unable to find it.

HellYeah

"On the Run!"
It can be found here:

Filter by Difficulty

To find workouts more suitable for your current fitness level use a filter at the top of each section for workouts, programs and challenges.

Difficulty Level 1 ( Light ): Standing exercises only, some seated exercises. Exercises include: various arm exercises, march steps, step jacks, side jacks, various leg raises. It's an ideal category for anyone who is severely overweight, is recovering from injury or has limited mobility. It is also a good category for active recovery days.

Difficulty Level 2 ( Easy ): Standing and floor exercises - but no planks. This category contains low impact exercises: reverse lunges, hops, squat holds, butt kicks and reverse lunges. This category will also be a good option for recovery days or for anyone with limited mobility and/or joints' issues.

Difficulty Level 3 ( Normal ): This category is the middle-ground for all of our routines. It's challenging and effective but it doesn't include any of the high impact exercises like push-ups, jump squats, jumping lunges, squat hops or burpees. You will see wall push-ups, though. This category includes: all types of jumping jacks, high knees, squats, most plank variation, pull-up bar hangs.

Difficulty Level 4 ( Hard ): High impact exercises: jumping lunges, jump squats, burpees, regular (and knee) push-ups, pull-ups, up & down planks, plank jacks and plank jump-ins. This is where it gets hard.

Difficulty Level 5 ( Advanced ): All workouts with complex exercises can be found at level 5. You will see workouts with the following exercises in here: single leg squats, single leg balance exercises, push-up variations, jump knee tucks and hook kicks.This category is calisthenics territory.