LGBTQ+

DorothyMH

Heroine from Eastern Washington State, USA
I'm pan and my wife is trans. We've been married for almost 15 years, and she has been transitioning for the past year and a half. Very happy for her, it has been going very well!

Hope you are all doing well too! :love:
So glad you’ve restarted this. I think it makes us all feel more inclusive🥰
I am a bisexual woman married to a man for the last 20+ years. Before that I was with a woman for nearly 12 years. My daughter is queer and my granddaughter already says she herself is pan. It’s a rainbow full of fun!🥳🥰

DorothyMH

Heroine from Eastern Washington State, USA
That was part of my reasoning, the inclusivity. Even though it wasn't very active on the old hive it still made me happy having it around.

Love that for you and your family!
My granddaughter is starting a crafty artsy thing today called “Rainbow School”😂. Not sure if the proprietors are allies, just inclusive, or what. My daughter had signed up/paid before I got here, and I failed to get a satisfying answer. But, granddaughter seems excited about it, as she has met the leader gal, so….?🤞🏼

Fitato

Mystic from Kansas
"Hello"
I vaguely identify as bisexual, but it doesn't feel right. I identified as pansexual from when I was 14 until I was about 23, then I started questioning that label (I'm 25 now). There are often moments where I think I may be straight, but then I think about it harder and I think "Well, I would like to be with a woman, and I would enjoy marrying one and being intimate with one, and that doesn't seem straight to me" lol.

I hate the concept of gender these days, to be honest. No idea what I identify as (I briefly identified as agender for a year or so when I was a teen, but I stopped caring). I feel perfectly comfortable being a female (purely referring to my sex, not my gender). I have no desire to have a different body. But with gender, it feels like there's just too much going on there, and I no longer have the energy (or desire) to try figuring it out. A couple of my friends called me they/them when I told them I wasn't completely sure about my pronouns, and it made me so happy when they used they/them for me. But she/her still kind of feels like my default. And I honestly don't think it matters at the end of the day what people call me or what I identify as. I'm just a person.

I had a "phase" for a few years where I hated it when people called me a woman or a "miss/ms". It only recently ended -- I guess I still don't like being called these things, but I don't know why. I think I need to be more at peace and let go of the idea that these words hold any real meaning. They are just words.

(This is all just how I feel about these words and labels and concepts -- I know other people feel much differently about them and that's okay! I'm only speaking for myself. I don't want those words to mean anything, but I know they mean something to other people.)

Last edited:

Sif_Shepard

Fighter from the Normandy SR-2
Pronouns: she/her
"ad astra per aspera"
@Fitato a little bewildered because we had been together for years already with no inkling to any of this, she didn't really fully realize it about herself until shortly before she told me, and she was quite emotional when she told me so my first priority was really making sure she was okay. I remember feeling a little blank in my mind trying to process but just wanting to be there for her. I told her I didn't mind, I still loved her, everything would be okay. She decided she didn't want to do anything about it at the time, I decided she was the person I chose to be with and that wasn't going to change. For a few years I suppose we both quietly got used to the idea of what it would mean for her to transition if/when she ever chose to. When she was ready, I was glad for it because I knew it was always going to lead down this road. It was scary but we've been very lucky.

During this time I came to grips with the fact that I wasn't straight, as I had found attraction all over the place when I was younger but because I liked guys and all my friends were boy-crazy we all got swept up in that and I never really thought too much about it. My eating disorder had also fogged a lot of my attraction to women, like did I like them or did I wish I looked like them (it was both lol). I thought about it off and on every so often even before wife came out to me, but it just felt like a moot point since I was happy in my marriage. After she came out, I thought about it more often for obvious reasons, and I very distinctly remember getting emotionally wrecked over Rosa coming out as bi in Brooklyn 99 and very nearly coming out that night lol it hit me hard. I also couldn't decide between bi and pan at first but pan just fits me better and so I went with that when I did come out to my wife a short while later.

Last edited:

Kanary

Amazon Pronouns: she/her
"For the Light! For Victory! For Cake!"
I love this thread.
I've known I was bi since I realized people who aren't attracted to a broad spectrum of genders existed. If I were younger, I expect I would say I am pan, but I've been bi a looong time and changing the label won't change who I am.
My feelings on my own gender are complex and somewhat adversarial. But I am always super excited when people are trying to pursue their best lives to whatever extent that feels safe for them (since I know we have a few trans bees who are out online but not in all spaces - I bee-lieve you about who you are and where you are safe).

Heniek

Warrior Posts: 164
"A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
When I started to look into Taoism and Tai Chi Chuan I started to understand my masculine and feminine energies much better. My Tai Chi Chuan can be masculine but really allows me to connect with a feminine energy. Could be a gender fluid spectrum.

d1d2cde5a541db5af8e57a637049bd0d.jpg

Last edited:

SkorpionUK

Sorceress from Germany
"Building good habits"
Oh hey! I describe myself as lesbian these days, after about 25 years of using the "bisexual" label. Or to put it another way, I've been attracted to women for as long as attraction has been something I'm aware of; with men, the best I can manage is friendship, though not for lack of trying 😂

Storm

Rogue Pronouns: She/Her
:hellothere:
I'm very new. Only realized I was LGBTQ+ this past May/June. I'm most comfortable right now with the Demisexual lable, not sure on gender or romantic stuff entirely? possibly somewhere on the aromantic and agender spectrums, still trying to figure that out. :question: Still doing a lot of searching and questioning.