neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
I am moving things around again to better fit my work / life balance :happy:

Out: running for 20 minutes
In: walking for 45-60 minutes

I am ditching my morning training sessions in favor of lunch-time training. I tend to have low energy between 2PM and 4PM so I figured just as well fill an hour there with exercise. So after I walk the doggos I now have breakfast and just work until the cows come home until it's time to exercise. Initially I didn't think it'd work but it actually helps with my energy levels. And the most important thing is that I am less obsessive about training these days and that changing things up no longer gives me anxiety. OR it's because I've been dosing my food :confused: I am joking... or am I? I do add a bit of ashwagandha to my smoothies here and there these days so that might be it. Overall I've been feeling great and that's an achievement in itself.

I have my second training sessions at 8PM as usual. I have extended it now to 1hr but I basically work through my strength training routines, whatever needs testing for DAREBEE, new things I want to try + some stretching towards the end. I do it all at my own pace while watching YouTube.

Currently I am participating in testing of the new ab program for March so my ab-work shifted as well. All I can say is.. Ouch.

I am still hanging on the bars daily. My current best time is: 2 minutes.

Food wise I am trying to eat as many veggies as I possibly can. I recently discovered this amazing salad I am pretty sure is going to be a thing for a while (once I like something I eat / do it until I am pretty much sick of it). It's super simple: 2 grated carrots, chopped up coconut flakes, cashews and almonds - mixed together. Deliciousness. And tofu, I eat lots of tofu and tempeh. In the evenings I either make cauliflower in batter, mushroom soup or HUGE vegetables casserole. Today is a mushroom soup day!

That's a rough picture of my current schedule :happy: Thank you for stopping by!

:loveu:

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
@Logan yes @lpf and yes :crawl:
I am testing it with the optional equipment variations :pmode:

Now that we are only a couple of weeks away from the official release (and the Hive is getting it even earlier) I can say more about it :happy: It's pure ab-focused program rated level 4, but it goes up a level if you choose to use equipment. The equipment you will need is a pull-up bar and an exercise bench. I suppose you can come up with other creative solutions like chairs and tricep bars, too. It's not too bad overall... but the two workouts per week kinda make you re-think ever taking it on. I am just glad that we did grip strength last month :amused:

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
... last time I updated my log was almost a year ago! Wow. Time flies. To be honest, I've had a tough year physically and mentally, but who didn't? 2023 sucked. Essentially, I suffered a complete mental breakdown and a burn out due to multiple jobs, home reno, loneliness - the works. Most of 2023 I was asking myself "Is it too soon to go to bed?" by 6PM. And I am one of the lucky ones, I work from home. I could deal with the meltdown, quietly, still functioning, still working and still exercising. My eating wasn't too bad considering that I have a severe ED so that's probably the only positive things this year. I have it somewhat under control. Anyone with ED knows, it never completely goes away and you are never "cured". Once you are twisted that way (thank you diet culture), it's part of who you are.

Aaaanyway, I hope to update more here. It's cathartic :ss:

I am training everyday as usual. Strength training + cardio. I now train after breakfast, though. And for cardio I do walking for 60 minutes before I go to bed. I work in front of the screen all day so walking for an hour is the bare minimum I can do to balance things out a bit. I do try to get up every couple of hours and do something, anything. Once I finish writing this I am going to do my new favorite workouts: Battle Maiden.

I had breakfast already (Tofu Chia Strawberry Pudding) - but I swapped strawberries for frozen berries since that's all I had in the fridge. I am going to make Coconut Chickpea curry for lunch and then soup for dinner. If I have time to shoot today, I'll probably add the curry to DAREBEETS. It depends on how my workflow goes. The soup thing is a thing now, btw. I am doing lots of baking for Christmas and with all the treats I am balancing my meals with vegetable soups for dinner. I literally have a vegetable soup every night. It's just vegetables, boiled with salt and spices. I use an instant pot so I make it at lunchtime and it keeps it warm for the evening. It's been a huge time-saver and it's super comforting now that's it cold outside.

Alright, now I just need to get Ollie off my exercise mat so I can do some exercise... :LOL:

20231212_100403 (1).jpg

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Pronouns: She/her
I'd say if your body was asking for bed by 6, you probably needed the rest to recover from all that.

I'm glad you've gotten through it all, and managed to care for yourself in the best way you could during that time. 🌺

Loneliness can be a big challenge for self care. Because if you can't gel with anyone, why take care of yourself at all? (That's what happens to me) But then, Ollie is still there and needs you.

Hell, we all need you here in the Hive! It both sucks and is awesome that we're all in different parts of the world.

Here's to a better 2024! And I bet if you looked back on it, you could still find some positives/accomplishments, even small ones, that you managed to do for 2023. =)

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Merry Christmas, everyone!!! :happy:

Merry Christmas GIF

I spend all day on my feet, cleaning and cooking - so no workout today. I have friends coming over tomorrow so I want to be fresh. The hardest thing for me these days is to hold myself back from doing too much. I don't know how I feel about not training. I know I should be proud for making a smarter choice but at the same time I feel like I missed out on my "me time" :sus:

I also really wanted to watch Rebel Moon on Christmas day but based on the reviews so far it sounds like the Director's cut is going to be much better (better pacing) so I will have to wait :corner: I ended up not having anything good to watch today. Sooo I just listened to my fantasy romance audiobook and caught up with all the housework :p I didn't do anything special or productive work-wise but it was still a good day. My house is spotless :amused:

20231225_112801.jpg

I hope you all had a good day :happy:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Merry Christmas!

I know that feeling... sometimes I even get a little angry at people for "stealing my me time", which usually makes absolutely no sense.

My husband gets the brunt of this all the time. 😂

But then, as a writer, I have very little me-time, it feels like, between husbands, parrots, cats and 100 characters. 🥴

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Wellz, I survived 2023 :perfect:

I had to take it easy in last few days since I have a bit of a cold and, honestly, work has been crazy busy, buuuuut I am starting 2024 strong! I went to bed early on the 31st - I am not a big fan of parties or eating late at night so I don't generally "welcome" the New Year. Instead, I woke up early on the 1st and we went on a picnic by the sea. We saw some friends (and a couple of DAREBEE team members), ate good food, enjoyed the weather and just relaxed.

20231231_102913.jpg

Aaaaand I was so happy to see everyone on the LIVESTREAM yesterday! It was GREAT! We really need to figure out the whole nickname thing for the next time, which I think we'll do sometime in February. We'll be better prepared :please: I hope to see you all then!

In other news:
I finally managed to complete my Secret Santa workout this morning!

ss2023_neilarey.jpg
Thank you for designing it for me, Santa :love: I really enjoyed it! Thank you :bigyes:

I had some sweet potato, chickpea and avocado slices this morning and roasted broccoli with mustard sauce for breakfast. I am not sure about lunch yet but if I can, I'll try to record more recipes for DAREBEETS.

20240102_085402.jpg

I have over 500 to go (and photograph) so it's going to be pretty much my side gig for 2024. Unless I manage to recruit a couple of more people from the team *cough-cough* :giggle: Aaaand it's going to be a veggie soup for dinner for me.

Have a great day, everyone! :sweet:

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
I have over 500 to go (and photograph) so it's going to be pretty much my side gig for 2024. Unless I manage to recruit a couple of more people from the team *cough-cough* :giggle: Aaaand it's going to be a veggie soup for dinner for me.

I wish I could help (in any way, not necessarily with recipes), but my camera equipment is just... blah. Well, actually, non-existent, unless you count the phone.

And as I've mentioned, there are some plant-based things like tofu that just aren't available in my area, or a pain to get. Plus, other (household) issues.

The ingredients I have access to are even more limited than many of the ones on Darebeets.

That beach looks so peaceful! Le-sigh.

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Thank you so much @Nevetharine :love: I am primarily trying to recruit peeps for proofreading and testing right now (each recipe has to be made at least 4-5 times to make sure it comes out the same every time) so that's something you (and others) can help with :sweet: What we need the most right now is feedback. So whenever you make something from the website, do tag me please (...although I am already a regular in your log anyway :LOL:). Other things are more technical, unfortunately, so I do need team member for that. DAREBEETS will have nutrition guides, grocery list, equipment suggestions, videos etc. And that's a LOT of work. I'll stay in charge of photo taking to keep everything consistent but I am hopeful I'll get an extra set of hands or two sometime in February to speed things up in other areas.

It's going to be great :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
DAREBEETS is definitely my go-to resource whenever I cook anything these days. There are so many yummy-looking recipes on there I want to try already!

Unfortunately I am only cooking for myself these days*, and there is still a bunch of food in my home I need to get through. So I'm not trying new recipes too frequently at the moment. But I will definitely keep posting about my experiences when I do!

*I am sure Super Shelby would be happy to assist me in taste-testing the recipes. I just don't know how useful her feedback would be. :LOL: