lpf's honeycomb of experiments, challenges, programs and other things for science

lpf

Rogue Posts: 285
"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
If you look really closely at the picture, you see it is the right leg lifted and the left arm lifted. So opposide sides.
Otherwise it would look more like pose 10 with the arch of the buttocks visible

View attachment 923

View attachment 924
And If you compare it with position 9, which is the opposite side, it looks different 😉 there is a bit of the shorts of the other leg... Well, in the end it doesn't really matter... It's just a bit more balance...
Screenshot_20230115-122028_1.png

lpf

"“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.” (Eleventh Doctor)"
aaand... day 14 done...

before this, I did the first upper body day of 8 weeks to 5k
only 4 sets.... just to keep it easy (as tomorrow is my regular upper body day)
and before this, I did day 16 of push&pull challenge.

so and for day 14 of more Yoga....
This time the 60 seconds felt easy.... I could keepo the boat (position 4) both rounds for the full 60 seconds.
That felt great.
The rest was also really good.
Nothing to complain about (as we would say here)

Sevalys

Fighter from France
Nice and easy one ! :nod:
Only little problem, same ache in left leg than previous workouts with 4.
day14.jpg

lpf

okay, Meditation was done yesterday evening, before bed.... after the day was done...
It was a bit easier this time, at least it felt like being easier

lpf

oh and before this and a some work for my job, I did upper body, which contained bench press, dips, body rows and bent over rows,
followed by day 5 of 8 weeks to 5 k
followed by some abs work
and last but not least, day 17 of push&pull... which was push-ups to failure (which is the best idea, after bench press and dips)

lpf

so before I tell you about Yoga.... first his one here...

"keep the pace... keep the paaahhaaace.... oooh, you gotta keep the pace..."
well... more or less... Yesterday, Day 7 of the 8 weeks to 5k... Challenge day.... well it felt quite good running 5 minutes straight....
so because of this, I decided something... on my treadmill, it is possible to set the pace you want to run. So the idea is the following.
Actually I am running at 10.5km/h (which is a bit faster than 6 minutes per km... which is 9.12 minutes per mile)
and I thought about increasing the pace every two weeks by 0.5km/h. So that I will be at 12km/h, 5minutes per km,
8.03 minutes per mile during the last two weeks...
so that I might hopefully run 6km in 30 minutes.... that's the idea.... if this will work, I don't know, but I will give it a try
The last run by the way will not be done on the treadmill... I will run outside ;)

lpf

day17.jpg

Even if it was hard to be motivated after a strange long day, I knew I needed this and it was very good.
The flow was great, it felt good on my back and on my legs, it helped a lot with my DOMS and I really enjoyed it....
And... it helped me calm done after the Challenge day of the 8 weeks to 5k program :happy:

lpf

Meditation at the end of the day yesterday.... very relaxing... even the 25 minutes work better and don't feel too long... at least yesterday

The only problem I have, when doing it at the end of the day.... I am afraid to fall asleep during meditation....
is that good or bad, if this would happen?

(edit: some thoughts...)

Last edited:

lpf

oh, I forgot something.... yesterday was again upper body day and day 8 of the 8wt5k...
so how to start? well.... the upper body workout was the V-Taper....
and it is the best idea ever to do 3 sets of pull-ups to failure due to the running push&pull challenge before this workout.... (NOT!)
on the other hand... I used my 24kg kettlebells for the shrugs.... bullneck incoming :muahaha:

the running was smooth an easy, nothing special... except for the thought that I could increase the pace for the short runs already...
but there was this little voice of reason who said:"No!"

lpf

Day 19.... this means... a little bit of plank (2 minutes!!)
...a little bit of back arches and stretches...
those 2 minutes of plank really hit hard, especially the last position... holding deep down, nose close to the floor...
the rest felt good and the transition from one position to the other felt really smooth...

Day 19 also means we are more than hald way through and I think it is time to say something....
@Sevalys I really enjoy doing this with you together.
It motivates me and makes me enjoy it even more. So thank you for joining me :love:

and now.... enjoy the rest of the day my fellow bees, have a great evening and feel hugged!
Ned : I'm not a fan of the hug.
Charlotte 'Chuck' Charles : Then you haven't been hugged properly. It's like an emotional Heimlich. Someone puts their arms around you and
they give you a squeeze and all your fear and anxiety come shooting out of your mouth in a big wet wad and you can breath again.
(Pushing Daisies)

Sevalys

Fighter from France
Day 19 also means we are more than hald way through and I think it is time to say something....
@Sevalys I really enjoy doing this with you together.
It motivates me and makes me enjoy it even more. So thank you for joining me :love:
:heart::cutter::heart:
Thank you for asking me to join !
I always loved sharing programs with you and our other Friends. I struggled a lot these past years to workout regularly.
At this time of my life it is especially good for my mental and emotional health to share (physical health is also improving !), so thank you again. :worship:

Yesterday was the first day in a very loooong time that I felt carefree. We had a walk (5 km) and prepared a good diner and the yoga was good.
Hu... good except 4 that was a total fail ! :tired: My elbows never allowed me to do complete proper pushups so half ones... :roadkill:

lpf

Day 20... Standing pretzel....
again a lot of "throw your hands in the air, like you just don't care" but his time, holding the hand high felt a lot easier than the other times...
I am improving... I really enjoyed the balancing part
(and will add these two positions in the training for my handball teams.... being stable in the ankles and knees is important.)
Standing on one leg went really well, but I really felt my calves keeping me in position.... I love that :LOL:

okay, so single leg party pretzel with hands in the air - check!
;)

have fun my bees and enjoy your day

lpf

30 min of meditation done ! Nothing new ;)
exactly.... these days are the hardest for me... I don't know, if it's because they are so long or if I have problems to get into it...
I will try a guided meditation the next time, see how this will work...

lpf

Day 22...
Take a seat, lift your legs, hold it, lay down...
Play one legged pretzel...
Now be a batch of dough...
Now do a half pretzel knot...
And back to batch of dough...
Roll to the side and back again to the batch of dough...
Now forget everything about becoming a pretzel and lift your butt...
Be a bridge...
Now lift one leg, like being a single track draw bridge....
Sit down again on your hands...
And now lean forward and Play jackknife...
Repeat...

lpf

:support:

This time meditation was done with the cat on my chest, almost nose to nose ! :zzz:
the meditation day was not so good this time... I had problems getting into it and as it was getting later and later in the evening,
I decided to go to bed.... tried to focus on breathing and... fell asleep... I don't think, that this would count as meditation...

lpf

day25.jpg

Program continues to be cool :hop:
Did this after a 3 km walk. I was yawning all along... can't wait for me to go to bed !
:deepsleep:
yes, this was a great flow.... moving from one position to the other felt totally natural
I really enjoyed this one

lpf

for today, I don't know, if I get something done, as my younger one is turning 13 today.... so there might be more time for cakes and less for sports...

lpf

oh and just one thing.... all new programs are really interesting and cool....
and, at least at the moment, I think of doing "unbound" next.... combined with my usual stuff and the 5k program, that might be the best idea....

lpf

Okay, I managed to sneak day 26 in...
Now this was really a relaxing flow.
I enjoyed every minute. :happy:

lpf

Day 28 done.... I had some problems with position 3, balance wise, but the rest worked fine.
What I really love about the flows is, that when I am doing them, I am just "in the flow",
not thinking about anything else but being (a pretzel) and breathing and just be
be there in those positions...

oh, you miss day 27? well, that's because I didn't do it yesterday.... I will try to get into the meditation later that evening. :ss:

have a nice and wonderful rest of your Sunday my bees

Sevalys

Fighter from France
Saturday meditation was done early morning because I woke up too early so why leaving bed ? :LOL:
Yesterday :
day28.jpg

For the first time in this program I managed to do 8 without supporting my left leg, sciatic nerve is less aching.
What I really love about the flows is, that when I am doing them, I am just "in the flow",
not thinking about anything else but being (a pretzel) and breathing and just be
be there in those positions...
Exactly that !

lpf

okay, so push&pull challenge completed yesterday.
this means: 1262 push-ups and 337 pull-ups in total.
best push-ups day was 60-21-18
best pull-ups day was 14-6-5

lowest reps for push-ups were 10
lowest reps for pull-ups were 3

highest reps for push-ups were 60
highest reps for pull-ups were 14

the average amount of push-ups per set was 28
the average amount of pull-ups per set was 7,5

the average amount of push-ups per day was 84
the average amount of pull-ups per day was 22,5

so, enough numbers...
all in all it was a cool challenge, sometimes weird, as it felt like everything went automatically.... like being programmed....
I didn't expect to increase the amount of reps in the first sets, but I think, the challenge increased my regeneration time or better decreased...
you know, the regeneration works better now... at least it feels like this.

Last edited:

lpf

day29.jpg

Today I felt really stiff, especially on 7.

Congrats for your results on the push&pull challenge @lpf !
:fireworks:
Thank you :ss:

for the Yoga part... 6 and 8 weren't the best today.... the rest went well.
but I think this is okay... there are better days and there are days that are not that good. So I'm fine...

Tomorrow is already the last day of this program :blink:
It feels like we started it yesterday...

lpf

hello there, I will give you a longer update on Wednesday or Thursday.... so stay tuned....
just for today a little teaser, I will receive a formal letter because of my behavior during our last Handball match...
which is some sort of funny, as it is a mistaken identity... but I will just wait for it...

so, in the next days, there will be more about this and why this even happened and more about my currrent workouts and programs....

lpf

Whaaa, mistaken identity? Or are you about to reveal you're a spy and all that and then kill us? :LOL:
well.... even if it was something like that.... I would let you all live... I like you all, so no worries here :happy:

More seriously, hoping whatever it is gets solved easily.
I think so.... it is more some kind of funny, I think