Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@mavie @BetaCorvi @Anek thanks for your well wishes!

Stayed home from work today, I'm coughing a lot and extremely fatigued. I hate this. Despite feeling weak I did a mild workout because not moving all day makes me feel worse.

25 Jan. Workout:
:v: Quick warm up
:v: EoD
:v: The Guardian, day 25 & 26 - keep getting 'all clear', maybe the :twitch: are afraid of me.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
"..one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on.."
@TopNotch I'm fairly certain that some little goblins gave me the germs in the first place! :grab:
@Laura Rainbow Dragon :tu: I am feeling better.

I returned to work today. Not feeling 100% yet but well enough to function and not infect others, though many of the students are getting this flu anyway. Today's excitement included 2 students sent home with fevers, one broken arm, a scraped knee and a teacher with appendicitis. :oops: Never a dull moment. It was nice to hear from a few students that they missed me.

26 Jan Workout:
Keeping it light until my stamina is better.
:v: Quick Warm Up
:v: The Guardian, day 27 - 100 :twitch: punched. Day 28 - 100 more :twitch: punched.

Have a restful evening bees.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@NancyTree thank you! Yeah, I don't know what's going on at work. I've submitted three accident reports in the last five days! :p

I'm soooo thankful it's Friday! Today was a struggle; didn't sleep well last night, coughing and feeling very tired. It's concerning that I'm not bouncing back as quick as I used to. Still hoping to age gracefully though. ;)

27 Jan Workout:

:v: The Guardian, day 29 & day 30- 200 :twitch: punched. :completed:

That's all she wrote. Have a brilliant weekend!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats :worried:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@CODawn @NancyTree @Mianevem @TopNotch @Fremen @TheLibrarian @mavie @Anek @lofivelcro @HellYeah @Lallafa @Froud @BetaCorvi :thanks:

Last weekend I exercised outdoors walking and hiking under a brilliant blue sky. There was also a strong and very cold wind but once I got moving it was okay. This morning on the way to work it was 16F / -9C 🥶 brrrrrrr. My coworkers kept bumping up the heat and for once I didn't mind.

30 Jan workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 1 - why not? Third time's a charm.
:v: Chest, Arms & Core Workout

Next, to tackle my personal paperwork. :type:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@Anek This will be my third time through. It's nice to have someone else count the reps!
@Laura Rainbow Dragon Thank You!!

This afternoon I practiced a bit of first aid. Seems like the 1st graders were having a bad day. :( One little girl had a nasty cut under the chin (maybe requiring a stitch or two) and one little guy fell on his face then 30 minutes later bumped his head. I'm wondering what's going on! All year it's been relatively injury-free until now. Then there was the 3rd grader that used the staff bathroom and sprayed so much Febreez that the floor was sticky and we had to open all the windows in the office! :eyes: The smell was so overpowering it made me feel ill. I could write a book about the shenanigans at work.

31 Jan Workout:

:v: Total Burn, day 2

:surrender: calling it done.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Had an interesting day at work. The little girl with the cut chin returned with two stitches. Meanwhile, I got to clean up after the 12 year old who vomited in the sick room :mask:.
I also spent two hours online working through required training :type: *yawn*. But the best part was interviewing 13 year old young ladies as potential candidates for school Princess to represent us at a basketball tournament. Because a Princess must have poise, I placed a book on each head and had them walk around the office. They all did very well. It was a pretty good day (except for the vomiting); no one peed their pants, for once. :LOL:

1 February Workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 3
:v: Warrior Abs Challenge, day 1. I chose the Path of the Hammer (reverse crunches).

Enjoy your evening! :peek:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday I was gone all day and evening so no workout. I'm glad it's FRIDAY! What a long week. No one vomited today, so that was great. ;) The teen is at a school club competition this weekend so I'm going to have some 'me' time. At least me and the cats. 😺😺

3 Feb Workout:

:v: Total Burn, day 4
:v: Warrior Abs Challenge, day 2

Have a splendid weekend everyone! :boss:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday was spent doing some long-neglected yard work, but I didn't mind. It felt good to be outdoors doing something physical. I can tell I've slacked on the yard because my strength is not what it was even last year and I got tired sooner. Didn't stop me though. I also got caught up on some indoor chores. Sometimes when I've lots on my mind I find it helpful to work on mindless things, like housework & raking leaves; no music, no one else, just me and my thoughts. I'm a true introvert. :corner:
The teen is back home and tired. She took second place in her competitive division of the FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) and now moves onto the state finals!
My muscles were a bit sore this morning. It was a good feeling. :flex:

4 Feb. Workout:
:v: EoD - why oh why are these tricep extensions so hard?!
:v: Total Burn, day 5
:v: Warrior Abs Challenge, day 3 + Path of the Hammer 30 reverse crunches

Making Mexican black beans in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Have a nice rest of the weekend! :plot:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
@TopNotch @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Anek :thanks:

Oh it was a Monday today! Still dealing with students sick with the stomach bug. :mask: Today many of my coworkers (me included) wore purple! I have no idea why. It's not even our school color - which is green and we wear it on Wednesdays. Huh.

6 Feb Workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 6
:v: Warrior Abs Challenge, day 4

There's a new empanada restaurant in town. They opened today so I showed my support and bought some empanadas with chimichurri sauce for dinner. Eat local! :eatall:

Last edited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Not much time to log today, I'm off to an early meeting. Hope you had a great day!

7 Feb. Workout:
:v: quick warm up
:v: EoD - hard to balance on my left leg!
:v: Total Burn, day 7
:v: Warrior Abs Challenge, day 5 + Path of the Hammer, 30 reverse crunches :standby:

:move:

Last edited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
It was a busy work day but productive. Lots of issues kept popping up but I was able to deal with them all. :tude: Unfortunately someone decided to steal some diesel out of our tank at the school last night (fuel for the school buses). We have surveillance video but weren't able to get a license plate on the vehicle. There's not much the police can do at this point, it just stinks.:onfire:

8 Feb Workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 8
:v: Warrior Abs Challenge, day 6 - 5 minutes of punching is really boring. Not sure if I want to continue this......:chopper:

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Unfortunately someone decided to steal some diesel out of our tank at the school last night (fuel for the school buses). We have surveillance video but weren't able to get a license plate on the vehicle. There's not much the police can do at this point, it just stinks.:onfire:
:onfire: indeed.

Also: :hug:

I don't even know what possesses people sometimes.

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Thanks @Laura Rainbow Dragon

Today was another really busy day with most of the 4th graders continuing to make poor choices and getting sent to the principal's office. :( Maybe it's the nice weather, idk.

9 Feb Workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 9 - Is it me, or do seal jacks feel unnatural? Kinda like burpees. ;)
:v: Daily Abs Challenge, day 1 - I've abandoned the Warrior Abs Challenge, the monotonous punching was too high on the yawn factor.

Making fried rice for dinner :excited:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
We made it through the week! Seemed like a long one. My poor teen has been really sick for the last several days with fever, congestion, etc. There are some very bad bugs going around this year and nearly everyone has been sick. I wonder if the viruses are worse this year or if we are the ones with compromised immune systems. Maybe weather balloons have been dropping viruses from the sky :LOL: or it could be aliens. No matter, I press on.

10 Feb Workout:
:v: Total Burn, day 10
:v: Daily Abs, day 2
:v: Balance workout

And I'm off to pamper the sickie. Have a nice evening! :hooray:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
I went to sleep listening to the wind blowing and light rain falling. I woke up to snow! Wasn't expecting it as it was forecast at a much higher elevation. No matter, it made everything magical for awhile.

Feb snow.jpg

One of our local bucks lost his antlers (it's a bit early for that, I think he was fighting) and my neighbor brought them over to me. The cats weren't sure what to think! The antlers were very fresh and must've smelled interesting!

antlers.jpg

Ginger (left) and Mimi (right). I wonder what they're thinking??

11 Feb. Workout:
:heart: quick warm up
:heart: EoD
:heart: Total Burn, day 11
:heart: Daily Abs, day 3

A snowy day means potato leek soup for dinner! :soup: :drool:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Got a quick workout in before I go to watch a certain big game with friends. Since my team got knocked out two weeks ago I don't really care who wins. No pressure, right? Just hanging out socializing (and eating). I hear there's going to be a french fry (chips) bar?! :toface:
:heart:EoD
:heart:Total Burn, day 12
:heart:Daily Abs, day 4

:clap:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
Yesterday's SuperBowl party was fun. I did eat some fried stuff, but not too much. I snacked on fresh veggies too. My secret? I ate a big salad :salad: before I went and drank water.
This is what greeted me this morning when I got to work:
MondayMorning.jpg

Not exactly what I wanted to see since I was hoping the other team would win! *Unfortunately* it got so windy later on that it had to be taken down. Sorry/not sorry.
Despite the unwanted mascot, it was a pretty good day unless you count the half dozen+ kids vomiting and being sent home. :mask: Will it ever end?

13 Feb Workout:
:heart:Quick warm up
:heart:EoD
:heart:Total Burn, day 13
:heart:Daily Abs, day 5

have a lovely evening! :night:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
This morning's commute was in a snowstorm.

PXL_20230214_154354192.jpg PXL_20230214_155030704.jpg

It being Valentine's Day there were assorted sugary treats everywhere at work. I got invited to the 5th grade classroom for some fruit, yogurt, granola and delicious homemade horchata. :eatall: There were other unhealthy things too but I managed to steer clear.

14 Feb. Workout:
:heart: EoD
:heart:Total Burn, day 14
:heart: Daily Abs, day 6

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!:love:

Lady Celerity

from The Woods. NorCal
One more day then a week off. And the best part is that I actually booked a vacation! No staying home and doing chores. Nope. Just chillin' in a hot tub, seeing some sights, walking the beach, eating some delicious food that I didn't cook and don't have to wash dishes.

16 Feb Workout: I just realized that I've been telling people the wrong date all day...........:oops:
:v: quick warm up
:v: Total Burn, day 16
:v: Daily Abs, day 8

Off to see the teen compete in a speech contest. The subject is, "Has Social Media Isolated Us Or Brought Us Together?" :scroll: