Never say never

Dorenna

I’m sick at myself for allowing all the butt kicking hard work and physical gains I made go to pot. I said I would never go back after losing weight and becoming fit, but after my hysterectomy and returning to exercise to soon, depression, an interstate move and my many let-downs, I am so far gone it feels impossible to get it back. However, I’m just now trying to return to where I left off. This is a struggle as my knee hurts and this limits my exercise routines on leg days as well as any HIIT routines. I’m 7 years older and I’m feeling the challenge of this return in a big way.

My current goal is simply to show up consistently and do what I can a few days a week. I seek alternatives to lunges (my knees don’t like them) and I stick to low impact activities.

Thanks for reading about my journey.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Hugs - hysterectomy (both psychologically and hormones-wise) and moves are big events to deal with, so don't beat yourself. Indeed, come, make a log in the "checking in " section, do a little bit every day and step by step it will improve. Hugs!
Regarding lunges, I do them quite not as deep when my knee's bothering me. May squats be an alternative ? Depends on your knee (wouldn't on mine, but it may be...).

One day at a time, and we'll cheer you on!