Rest days in programs due to health issues

rtrmorais

So, I uderstand that the mains obective of the programs is so you stay active during all of it. You need no rest cause of the alternation of muscle groups, types of exercises, etc. However, due to some health issues that I have (mainly stuff that affects the respiratory system) it is not always that I will manage a streak of 30 days uninterrupted (since I re started working out in october last year, I only got to have 2 full 30 days streak). So my quenstion is, how many days in a row, and how many days total would it be considered that I failed the program (and therefore is better to start the same one or another one from the beginning)? I ask that question cause programs shoued to be the most effective way for me to keep working out, daily workouts I end up giving up too quickly

Ps. sorry for any grammar mistakes, english isnt my first language. Also sorry for being too verbose

Solution
Don't sweat the small stuff. Yes, programmes were designed so that you can do the 30 days in one go, but you don't have to. Need a rest day every fifth day? No problem. Maybe every other day? Also no problem. Maybe need two rest days after six days of working out? You guessed it: no problem at all.
The point is to make the programme yours, tailored to your own individual circumstances. If you can't work out for 30 days in a row, but feel like you got what you wanted from it when you're finished after however many days you needed, you completed it and earnt your badge.
Decide on how you feel you're progressing. If you think you took too long a break, restart. If you think you're doing it to the best of your abilities, continue. Whatever...

Nihopaloa

Duelist from Germany
"Eyyyy"
Don't sweat the small stuff. Yes, programmes were designed so that you can do the 30 days in one go, but you don't have to. Need a rest day every fifth day? No problem. Maybe every other day? Also no problem. Maybe need two rest days after six days of working out? You guessed it: no problem at all.
The point is to make the programme yours, tailored to your own individual circumstances. If you can't work out for 30 days in a row, but feel like you got what you wanted from it when you're finished after however many days you needed, you completed it and earnt your badge.
Decide on how you feel you're progressing. If you think you took too long a break, restart. If you think you're doing it to the best of your abilities, continue. Whatever keeps you at it.

Solution

bbybear712

Fae Posts: 17
I saw it a long time ago on the old forum but i believe it said if you miss more than 3 days in a row you should restart a program. But it honestly depend son the person. How many days can you miss throughout a program? Should be non but a couple in a 30 day program won't competently derail. It depends on a lot of factors like health, fitness level, type of program. If you find yourself having to take frequent multi day breaks maybe the 30 day programs aren't for you, and that would be okay. You can make your own workout training schedule and pick workouts form the 2,000+ workouts designed by this wonderful website. I've done that before myself. You get lots of variety that way AND you get to pick what you feel like doing that day 2,000+ workouts