Shed, Shred and Body Recomposition

MadamMeow

Fae from Central NJ
"I see my vision burn, I feel my memories fade with time, but Im too young to worry..."
I spent a few hundred on a hair laser removal system and I got ripped off. It was not a plug in and had to be charged for a few hours prior to using. Not long after, one pulse and it would need to be charged all over again.

This was many years ago though, hopefully they've improved or you see a better one than I had. I don't remember what brand it was.

Nightg0ddess

Barbarian Posts: 362
@MadamMeow That is exactly what I am scared off. The reviews for local products is such opposite responses.

1000041919-jpg.3456

1000041921.jpg

And let me not start with the massive price difference. Lol R385 ($20) to R7499 ($79)!!!

I might wait a while longer. I've been fine with disposable razors and men's electrical razor with a back flip up trimmer for a close shave all these years. I guess sticking to what works is probably the best.

Day 79 / Tuesday 19 March:

AM: (10 minutes in total)

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 19
Adore the Core - Day 19/28
Stretch Project - Day 19
Stretch Revolution - Day 19
Journey to the Splits - Day 19

Cardio & Abs - Day 19
Lower Body Blast - Day 19
Express Tone - Day 19

EoTD: 60 Second Bear plank hold

I felt good again today. And had no issues with my exercises. The weather is warmer but not like summer heat indoors. I do feel a little bored with my exercises. I do love these programs, but it's just how I am. I especially like the Bear plank hold. But... yet it's as if my motivation is slipping away, and even the exercises I enjoy is becoming a burden. Hopefully my mood will pass.

Attachments

• 1000041919.jpg
    1000041919.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 159

Nightg0ddess

Day 80 / Wednesday 20 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 20
Adore the Core - Day 20/28
Stretch Project - Day 20
Stretch Revolution - Day 20
Journey to the Splits - Day 20

Cardio & Abs - Day 20
Lower Body Blast - Day 20
Express Tone - Day 20

EoTD: 60 Second Balance hold*

*doing immediately after posting.

Today is completely the opposite of yesterday. I felt motivated, and actually enjoyed my exercises. Loved everything. I might even do some additional Yoga or something else too later.

I have a sort of calmness over me. Not sure why.

1000041747.jpg

Nightg0ddess

Day 81 / Thursday 21 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 21
Adore the Core - Day 21/28
Stretch Project - Day 21
Stretch Revolution - Day 21
Journey to the Splits - Day 21

Cardio & Abs - Day 21
Lower Body Blast - Day 21
Express Tone - Day 21*

EoTD: 60 Second Arm Scissors

*Still to do

On Monday I woke up with a headache, nausea, chills, feeling off balance. I was wondering... the night before I drank a bottle full of water before I went to bed. Maybe 600ml. I thought about it... I figured it was my stomach, but I had no issues. Then I thought could it have been over hydration? Maybe low electrolytes. Scary now thinking back about that.

I didn't have issues with my workout today. I did have mild lower back pain. It didn't get better nor worse after I done my workouts. I didn't yet do Express Tone. Decided to just do my cardio for the morning. I also had an omelet for breakfast, something I rarely eat. I prefer a "liquid" breakfast with oats and whatever I have at home. I feel a little too full. I noticed I use way less salt and sugar too. Which is good.

The new Alien: Romulus movie is coming 16 August. I can't wait!!
alien vs predator GIF by foxhorror

Nightg0ddess

Day 82 / Friday 22 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 22
Adore the Core - Day 22/28
Stretch Project - Day 22
Stretch Revolution - Day 22
Journey to the Splits - Day 22

Cardio & Abs - Day 22
Lower Body Blast - Day 22
Express Tone - Day 22*

EoTD: 40 Lunge Step ups*

*Still to do

Gosh, my arms.... It's quite sore this morning. Or sensitive to some movements. I think my weights was a bit heavy yesterday. The rest of my body feels okay. I'm trying to move a bit more again daily. I find myself sitting much more lately.

We have an upcoming power failure at 16pm, so I will most likely finish Express Tone and the exercise of the day then.

Nightg0ddess

Day 83 / Saturday 23 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 23
Adore the Core - Day 23/28
Stretch Project - Day 23
Stretch Revolution - Day 23
Journey to the Splits - Day 23

Cardio & Abs - Day 23
Lower Body Blast - Day 23
Express Tone - Day 23*

EoTD: 40 Plank Leg Raises

*not done yet

I woke up 5:45am. Couldn't fall asleep again so I started my workout early. I felt fine. Slight headache, but nothing serious. At around 6:45 something caught my eye on the balcony/patio (the back of our house has a raised patio with steps down... not sure the exact name for this in English). Then I noticed a squirrel. So.... made some coffee and waited by my avocado tree for movement. Armed with a 3 meters long bamboo stick. I chased the squirrel away eventually. She ran from the fig tree, on the wall to the other side. The neighbor has an electrical fence, but this squirrel won't shock! I think this might be my old squirrel. The way she (it's a she) go to the same areas and trees and walls where I used to play and fed her, and it's the same time of the year (last time I took photos of her she jumped on my lap 29 March 2023)... sad how something once so adorable can become a pest so quickly. I really want my avocados more than I want a tame squirrel. She isn't tame anymore, so it's probably a sign not to tame her again!
:avocado:

I enjoyed the Seal jacks, and the Yoga & Stretches. I didn't want to do Express Tone early. I feel it's best doing them in the afternoon. My arms feels okay, still sensitive. I will be using lighter dumbbells for a day or three. I want to do more stretching later today. My arms also need some TLC.

It's cooler this morning. Initially I was fine... maybe the exercises and then the coffee, and the adrenaline from chasing the squirrel ... and now I feel cold. Is around 18C now. It might rain tonight. The frogs is enjoying this weather... it's their mating season. I love the sound of frogs during this season. We have the Clicking Stream Frog here. A tiny specie with a beautiful sound.

Nightg0ddess

Day 84 / Sunday 24 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 24
Adore the Core - Day 24/28
Stretch Project - Day 24
Stretch Revolution - Day 24
Journey to the Splits - Day 24

Cardio & Abs - Day 24
Lower Body Blast - Day 24
Express Tone - Day 24

EoTD: 40 Scorpion Twists

Finished everything early. It's a pleasant cooler morning. Express Tone had no dumbbells today, only side leg raises so that was fine. I'm looking up to tomorrow's Cardio & Abs..... I'm sure I saw burpees again..... My soul left my body briefly..... but I will mentally prepare myself for tomorrow! My health is fine (besides my hair still falling out, and my sense of smell is still on the low side). I don't have any aches or pains. I feel good.

Yesterday I found a chameleon between the strawberry guavas. He was watching for insects coming to the overripe fruit to eat. Very smart little guy. He has been in the same spot for nearly 24 hours (maybe moved 15cm). He slept there too. He didn't take the house fly I offered him. He like the miniature green flies. Picky eater.

1000042470.jpg
1000042469.jpg

Nightg0ddess

Day 85 / Monday 25 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 25
Adore the Core - Day 25/28
Stretch Project - Day 25
Stretch Revolution - Day 25
Journey to the Splits - Day 25

Cardio & Abs - Day 25 (*not fully done yet)
Lower Body Blast - Day 25
Express Tone - Day 25

EoTD: 60 Second Pacer steps

My energy feels depleted today. It's that time of the month, and then I saw burpees and climbers, and it felt as if I just lost a battle before I even began.

I decided to finish Cardio & Abs Day 25 with a twist. I done 7 sets of high knees, butt kicks and the climbers. I didn't do the burpees yet. I am going to do the 140 burpees bit by bit today.

I watched the 3 Body Problem this weekend. I was skeptical at first, but ended up enjoying it. I think this year there are quite a few new upcoming sci-fi series and movies which I'm quite excited about. Especially Alien: Romulus coming in August. Spaceman was different. I was prepared to be disappointed, and it ended up being so emotional and satisfying in a unique way.

I stumbled upon a trailer of a new movie called Light.
"Survivors of an interstellar transport ship accident have to work together after crash landing on an inhospitable planet. The film stars Christine Roche, Gia Lily, Tedroy Newell, Anna Swan and James Woollard."

More detail about this sci-fi movie:

"After crash-landing in an escape pod on a dark and misty planet, Niu pulls on her emergency spacesuit and sets out searching for other survivors, including her young son. She quickly discovers that there is life in the fog - and that the lights she must use to find her missing boy draw in an alien predator.

In a race against time, Niu must evade the creature and locate her lost boy before their oxygen runs out. But as Niu starts to encounter other survivors, it becomes clear that they are not here by accident - and that there are worse things than creatures lurking in the dark.

The film is written and directed by Matthew Woollard, it's produced by David A Bradley, Maria Carras, and Matt Woollard. The film is slated for March 29th, 2024 release."

Nightg0ddess

Day 86 / Tuesday 26 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 26
Adore the Core - Day 26/28
Stretch Project - Day 26
Stretch Revolution - Day 26
Journey to the Splits - Day 26

Cardio & Abs - Day 26
Lower Body Blast - Day 26
Express Tone - Day 26

EoTD: 20 Upward downward dog

I finished all my burpees yesterday. It was okay. It went easier and better than I expected.

This morning I didn't struggle much with Cardio & Abs, but Express Tone was harder. For some reason my arms is still as weak as they come. I feel embarrassed that I have zero strength compared to my elderly parents!!!!! Their generation was just built differently. I can barely even pick up a bag of cement from the car to a wheel barrow, while they do it with ease at their age!!! (It's 50kg!!!!!!! It's nearly the same as my goal weight!!!!)

I was thinking what I should do next month, and the only program that comes to mind is Power Cardio. For now I will stick with that. There will be a lot of burpees, climbers, jumping exercises.... gosh....... I enjoyed it last time? (Didn't finish the program).
:worry:

Is electrolytes high in sugar and salt? Is it better than for instance a Red Bull or Monster energy drink? I only had this once, 250ml pre-workout. Decided to dilute it slightly more in the future, and ONLY drink it before/during my hardest cardio days. Don't think I should take this daily. 🤔 I don't exactly know what to drink otherwise. Water. Lol but water alone and in large quantities messed me up!!!! I've been getting sick from drinking too much water daily lately. So that's why I figured the electrolytes should help me some mornings. I tend to drink 500ml water between 20pm to 22pm and this seems to make me sick in the mornings when I wake up!!!!

1000042597.jpg

Maegaranthelas

Bard from The Netherlands
Pronouns: They/them
"I sing and I know things"
Yeah too much water can be very dangerous actually!
The basics of the science is that your cells want an equal amount of stuff in liquid as your blood has, but only water can move into and out of the cells.
If you drink too much water, your blood will have too much liquid compared to stuff, and your cells will take on more liquid than they can handle.
Sweating will also cause you to lose both stuff and water, so if you then only fill up the water your blood doesn't have enough stuff.
So yes, if you think you've been feeling ill after drinking a lot of water, please do try this electrolyte stuff instead of some of that water :heartsit:

The balance in sugar and salt to water in these mixes is calculated to hydrate you after exercise (or other forms of dehydration like sickness) while keeping the right balance of stuff in liquid. They most likely have fewer calories and unusual ingredients than energy drinks like monster or red bull.

I hope it helps you feel better!

Nightg0ddess

@Maegaranthelas Thank you for that.

I felt like I can still run a marathon after waking up this morning! We had a hot summer, and I've had so much water, and it's a never-ending thirst. I have tested for diabetes (my dad and his dad was all diabetic), but it was probably just "slight" overdehydration over a long period of time. I say slight, because I did not have life threatening symptoms. Just a pressure headache daily the past few days. I still have a mild one.

Day 87 / Wednesday 27 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 27
Adore the Core - Day 27/28
Stretch Project - Day 27
Stretch Revolution - Day 27
Journey to the Splits - Day 27

Cardio & Abs - Day 27
Lower Body Blast - Day 27
Express Tone - Day 27

EoTD: 60 Second Wall-sit

I still have a slightly sore back and front arms and buttocks from picking up the cement that was way too heavy yesterday. Fortunately I've done it so many times, that I have a good idea which way causes less injury. I have very dull aches and pains so it didn't really bother me at all while I did my workout. I finished everything since I had a tremendous burst of energy and felt like I could continue for longer! I used only 3kg dumbbells for Express Tone. And I added more stretches after my workouts. Like a sort of cool down. My body feels good otherwise.

Found a large feather in the garden. Must be a Black Harrier Hawk. A few months ago I saw a pitch black bird with yellow claws and eyes. I was convinced it was a young eagle! But it must have been one of the parents of the young Harrier Hawk currently in our garden every morning and evening. He has way more patterns and not as dark as his parents.
1000042657.jpg
They look like this: (not my photos)
1000042658.jpg1000042659.jpg
1000042641.jpg

Nightg0ddess

Day 88 / Thursday 28 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 28
Adore the Core - Day 28/28 (to redo for 2 days)
Stretch Project - Day 28
Stretch Revolution - Day 28
Journey to the Splits - Day 28

Cardio & Abs - Day 28
Lower Body Blast - Day 28
Express Tone - Day 28

EoTD: 30 Butterfly Sit-ups

I decided to drink the electrolytes again today, just added about 12g powder instead of 18g, and I felt it was better for me personally. The headache I've had for several days gradually faded by itself today. My body itself felt great. I especially enjoyed the Yoga and stretches, but both the programs was fun too. There was no weights. I could have done more exercises, but I don't want to overdo it either. I will make April a little harder.

Nightg0ddess

Day 89 / Friday 29 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 29
Adore the Core - Day 1/28
Stretch Project - Day 29
Stretch Revolution - Day 29
Journey to the Splits - Day 29

Cardio & Abs - Day 29*
Lower Body Blast - Day 29
Express Tone - Day 29

EoTD: 30 Prone Reverse Fly's *

*Still to do

I'm actually looking up to do Cardio & Abs. I have some bad lower belly pain. It's just the cardio day is a bit much for me. I might actually just do level 1 (3 sets) later. I'm feeling okay. Express Tone, I only did 20 reps of the "until fatigue" exercises. I didn't want to overdo it today.

I just wanted a quiet weekend on my own, but my mother has her own ideas. We agreed on no traditional Easter, but my mom is baking and cooking and going crazy in the kitchen today. It's best to just let her be.

The chameleon is still in the Strawberry Guava tree. Gave him a house fly this morning and he was quite happy to "catch" it.
:bigsmile:

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Mamatigerj

Day 90 Saturday 30 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 30
Adore the Core Stretch 2/28
Stretch Project - Day 30
Stretch Revolution - Day 30
Journey to the Splits - Day 30

Cardio & Abs - Day 30
Lower Body Blast - Day 30
Express Tone - Day 30

EoTD: 40 Side Plank Rotations *

(*not done yet)

Basically finished all my programs. What now!? This month isn't done yet.
:freak:

Despite everything, even trying to be gluten free.... I decided to have a cold beer now. It's 34C here today, and it's autumn!!! I've been outside most of the morning. I'm red and hot and tired and just feel like I reached my limit.

I also saw... a slug eater (snake), the chameleon, a newborn super fast baby skink of less than 3 days old... and everything was just so special for me this morning. Like "I've earned the right to see the beauty of nature after completing my 30 Day programs, Challenge and extras". I feel I earned it.

1000042945.jpg
1000042944.jpg
1000042943.jpg
1000042946.jpg

I suppose Power Cardio should be next. That or Boxers Prime or Avatar Upgrade. My mind leans towards Power Cardio. Military Fit+ will happen either July or August. Or if I do it after winter, no later than September if I decide to not get a sandbag, but to use outdoors garden bags, I'd have to do it after the rainy season. I hope I am fit enough, or motivated enough to do these programs. Even on level 1 will be fine.

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Mamatigerj @MadamMeow
:love:

Day 91 / Sunday 31 March:

1 Minute Yoga Challenge - Day 1
Adore the Core Stretch 3/28
Stretch Project - Day 1
Stretch Revolution - Day 1
Journey to the Splits - Day 1

EoTD: 50 Squat Hold Calf Raises

Random:
Knees to isometric Squats (video below)
Bulgarian Split Squats
Borrower Squats (video below)
Clamshells
Donkey Kics
Fire Hydrants
Side Leg Raises
Punches

I'm not even sure if these exercises is good for me, I just feel they are super hard and challenges me to the extreme!

I struggled to do some of the random exercises, I stopped counting, and just did a few of each, and did 3 sets of it. Basically exercises that I like and which is challenging. And instead of having a chill day, I tortured my body slightly. Lol. But I did enjoy it.

I feel tired. I ate late last night, barbecue chicken skewers with dried apricots and red bell pepper and as a side dish some whole corn. It was very pleasant outside. There was big rugby on, but I didn't bother to watch.

On a positive note, it's day 99 since I noticed my extreme hair shedding. I washed my hair and less than 30 hair fell out while washing!!!! Little more than that fell out when drying my hair, but no more bundles and bundles of hair, which is a good sign. My hair shedding appears to be getting less each week now. I feel very happy about my hair today.
:hooray:

Nightg0ddess

Thank you @Maegaranthelas @Deadoks
:thanks:

Day 92 / Monday 1 April:

10 Minutes Yoga/stretches (after waking up)

EoTD: 10 Jump Squats

Power Cardio - Day 1
Upperbody Blast Challenge - Day 1

The dreaded morning headache is back. It is a throbbing pain similar to a lighter migraine, and I am light sensitive. They usually last like 2 - 3 hours after waking up. Then I read you get a hormone headache. Really!?
:facepalm:

I got up slightly later. I started with the Yoga and stretches. I might actually do these in the evening too. I am not sticking to a specific workout or challenge. It will be more random this month. Most likely I will use the Darebee workout section daily. Today I just used the Blogilates ones and just picked ones for my lower back, and hips.

Upperbody Blast was good. And then day 1 of Power Cardio was "fine". I only done it on level 2 (5 sets). I would say it was mainly due to the headache where my head felt like a balloon about to burst. I might have to start doing my workout a little later on days where I have this headache. Fortunately it is a cooler day. The headache is finally going away by itself.

The squirrel hasn't been back. The avocados is still there. They refuse to ripen. Every single day I go check... gosh it's frustrating. They can be ready anywhere between now and September. I hate waiting.

squirrel avocado GIF by The Dodo

Nightg0ddess

Tuesday 2 April to Thursday 4 April.

I decided to take a short break. I did do the Exercise of the day each day, and 10 minutes Yoga/stretches in the morning, and more stretches before I went to bed. But... I stopped the Program / Challenge. My body itself is fine physically. I just need to reboot my brain or reset my mental state, I guess.

There comes times where nothing is really wrong with me, but I feel sort of stuck in my own world or bubble. I can't get myself to start new things. My mind is not focused on life, rather it is on its own sphere. A form of derealization, perhaps? I lose interest in things around me, I lose track of time and I don't feel like I am here, I find myself daydreaming of things that don't exist in this world rather than acknowledging real world (maybe that is why I love sci-fi so much!) ... I think I just need a few days to recover from my "nothingness". Since nothing is really wrong. Yet it's not completely right either. I know I'm not crazy either. Lol.... I hope!!!
:muahaha:

Usually after feeling this way, a burst of creativity will follow .... soon, I hope.

I will do my best not to vanish for a long time! I REALLY want to restart Power Cardio asap.

Energize Social Media GIF by Flow Magazine