Small steps forward

Barbara Ekhart

Bard from Poland
Starting my journey to better health. I will post my progress here mostly to keep myself motivated and not to lose track of my goals. I'm starting small - doing Daily Dare if I can (so exercises are too hard for me to do), joining FiT December and Monthly Challenge. This year I completed some basic programs already and I would like to maintain some kind of daily routine with Darebee.
Wish me luck!

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Happy New Year :fireworks:

Barbara Ekhart

Bard from Poland
Happy New Year @Fremen !!!

So New Year came and with it I started monthly challenge - I have to tell you that I'm happy that The Guardian is focused on marching, after all the lunges during Step-up ;)
I also started 90 days of Action level I for now.... I was trying to complete that program 3 times already last year and I was always quitting after about two weeks. Maybe thank to that checking-in thread I'll stay strong this time.
:D

Barbara Ekhart

Bard from Poland
3 Jan 2023:
  • EotD I'm still unable to do push-ups all the way down, so I tried to go as low as I could. 4 x 5 "half" push-ups with raised leg :v:
  • Rawr! - the workout of the day looked like something I could insert into my day so I did that too, and I really enjoyed that simple slow yoga flow :v:
  • The Guardian Challenge Day 3 :v:
  • 90 Days of Action Day 3 :v:
I still feel a bit heavy and clumsy while doing those workouts, hopefully that will change sooner than later :)

Barbara Ekhart

Bard from Poland
So, I decided to report my progress once a week not to spam this thread with just daily numbers. So far I kept the routine of doing EofD, The Guardian and 90 Days of Action.

With 90DoA I am one day behind so I'm at Day 13 today.
I'm at Day 14 with The Guardian.
Sometimes I need to modify EotD because I'm still not strong enough, or if I can't do exercise for required amount of time I do it to failure. I try to do those difficult exercises anyway, to get familiar with them and there are days when I surprise myself that I did something I did not expect to do.

I guess I can check the 15 days streak badge! :yas:

Since some soreness of muscles and stiffness of body appeared I also introduced gentle yoga routine in the morning. I found CENTER yoga program that launched at the beginning of the year. It helps a lot!
The changes I noticed so far:
- I have more energy and I have better mood in general,:move:
- I'm stronger after those two weeks - I can do some regular push-ups before I need to switch to push-up on knees. I can run up my stairs and I live on 4th floor, YAY!:ragdoll:
- I sleep better,:night:

As a family we also decided to start healthy diet. My hubby already sees the results, but he is much heavier than me, so I need to be patient and consistent. I can't wait to see more progress! I would also like to start lifting weights at some point. I know this is great for women at my age.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats on 15 days badge :worried:

Barbara Ekhart

Bard from Poland
So another week passed :)
The Guardian Challenge goes great except Sunday when my calves just gave up and I was so sore I could barely walk. I skipped another day of 90 Days of Action because of that so now I'm on day 20 with that program.
I kept doing EotD daily, as planned, did some long walks.
Since the beginning of the year I lost 2 kg so I'm really happy about that - it's good to know that all the effort pays off :)

Fremen

Shaman from Italy