Core Control Challenge - Day 19
Growwithjo's 15 min standing cardio

Last edited:

Maly

Huntress Posts: 132
16/01/2023 - 22/01/2023 | Weekly rundown
Average steps: 3116
PAI by the end of the week: 23

This week was pretty average. Busy at work, tired at home. I spent most of my evenings sitting on the floor and doing my diamond painting to unwind :LOL:
Turns out youtube workouts are a pretty sweet way to spice things up (but only if I manage to get out of bed at a normal time).
Temperatures dropped again after a long period of plus degrees and a lot of rain, so everything is super frozen now *looking at my car* I need to pick up some lock oil because the driver-side lock barely works at the moment and just keeps refreezing.
I had a small Sam Winchester moment too, thankfully my shoes stayed on, but I did manage to lose one of my gloves. I found it the next day xD
jared padalecki 1d GIF

Last edited:

Maly

25/01/2023
Ironborn - Day 25
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 21
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 21
Core Control Challenge - Day 21

26/01/2023
Ironborn - Day 26
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 22
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 22
Core Control Challenge - Day 22

27/01/2023
Ironborn - Day 27
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 23
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 23
Core Control Challenge - Day 23

I haven't really had time to do extra workouts in the mornings (although I've been getting up at semi-normal times), but hopefully, I'll have more energy during the weekend

Last edited:

Maly

28/01/2023
Ironborn - Day 28
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 24
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 24
Core Control Challenge - Day 24
Growwithjo's standing abs workout

29/01/2023
Ironborn - Day 29
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 25
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 25
Core Control Challenge - Day 25

30/01/2023
Ironborn - Day 30
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 26
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 26
Core Control Challenge - Day 26

Done with Ironborn! I had already forgotten how much I loved this program. :dancy:
I'm not really sure what to do next, I was thinking about doing Ironheart and maybe some add-on program?

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Congrats :worried:

Maly

Thanks @mavie @Mianevem @Fremen @TheLibrarian @BetaCorvi @HellYeah @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Lallafa :D

31/01/2023
Ironheart - Day 1
Core Strength - Day 1 (3 sets)
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 27
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 27
Core Control Challenge - Day 27

01/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 2
Core Strength - Day 2 (3 sets)
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 28
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 28
Core Control Challenge - Day 28

Decided to go with Core Strength. My abs are already hating me and we're only two days in :D

Last edited:

Maly

Thanks @Froud @Silent Wolf :D

02/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 3
Core Strength - Day 3 (3 sets)
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 29
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 29
Core Control Challenge - Day 29

03/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 4
Core Strength - Day 4 (3 sets)
Daily Squats Challenge - Day 30
Easy Arms Challenge - Day 30
Core Control Challenge - Day 30

Last edited:

Maly

Thanks @Fremen @Mianevem @Laura Rainbow Dragon @Silent Wolf @Lallafa @mavie :D

04/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 5
Core Strength - Day 5 (3 sets)

05/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 6
Core Strength - Day 6 (3 sets)

06/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 7
Core Strength - Day 7 (3 sets)

I've been slacking a bit – I re-discovered an old game so I have been prioritizing that over workouts in the mornings a bit :facepalm:
The weekend was spent obsessing over the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movies. The hobbit ones were on TV a couple of weeks ago, so I watched them then too, but they recently got added to my service provider's TV app, so I binge-watched them over the weekend and started with a LOTR marathon too (just the first one). I've seen the Hobbit ones more, but it's been years since the last time I watched LOTR :LOL:

Last edited:

Maly

@Froud the Hobbit movies are definitely worth watching :ss: They're a bit different from the book in some ways, for example, the ending is more meaningful in my opinion

07/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 8
Core Strength - Day 8 (3 sets)

08/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 9
Core Strength - Day 9 (3 sets)

09/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 10
Core Strength - Day 10 (3 sets)

This is getting pretty monotone, but at the same time, I'm rushing to work on most mornings, so there's not a lot of extra time

Last edited:

Maly

10/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 11
Core Strength - Day 11 (3 sets)

11/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 12
Core Strength - Day 12 (3 sets)

12/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 13
Core Strength - Day 13 (3 sets)

13/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 14
Core Strength - Day 14 (3 sets)

It was a pretty slow weekend. I did have more time than during workdays, but I was still lazy :LOL:

Last edited:

Maly

14/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 15
Core Strength - Day 15 (3 sets)

15/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 16
Core Strength - Day 16 (3 sets)

16/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 17
Core Strength - Day 17 (3 sets)

17/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 18
Core Strength - Day 18 (3 sets)

Somehow Ironheart feels harder than Ironborn did, maybe it's just because I haven't been training with weights for a long time.

Last edited:

Maly

18/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 19
Core Strength - Day 19 (3 sets)

19/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 20
Core Strength - Day 20 (3 sets)
Shoveled a bunch of snow

20/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 21
Core Strength - Day 21 (3 sets)
And even more snow shoveling

Training is still pretty monotone. The weekend was spent organizing and cleaning my room at my parents' place. I still go there pretty much every day since my cat lives with them, but I've been slacking with cleaning.
There was a big snowstorm yesterday with 10+cm of snow, plus wind, so some piles were easily knee-high :LOL: I'm dreading the cold though, the next few days are going to be colder (temperature dropping below -10C), it was around -4C this morning and my car was not too happy about this.

Last edited:

Maly

21/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 22
Core Strength - Day 22 (3 sets)

Had to walk to work this morning, because one of the rear wheels froze on my car. :roadkill: I guess I can't blame the handbrake anymore, because I haven't used it for a while, so I don't know what it is, my best guess is that there's moisture between the... brake things, and that keeps freezing? I don't really know anything technical about cars so I guess I'll leave that for my dad and possibly some mechanic to figure out xD

Last edited:

Maly

22/02/2023
Ironheart - Day 23
Core Strength - Day 23 (2 sets)

I got the wheel problem sorted yesterday and thankfully my car cooperated today, but it was -17C in the morning, so I had to go outside earlier to warm everything up. Apparently it's going to get even colder tonight :LOL:

Last edited:

Maly

Long time no see!
It has really been a long time. I did finish the programs that I was working on in February, but then things got really busy at work, and I didn't have as much time anymore. At the moment, I've been trying to be more active and move around more.
Since it's summer, I'm on circulating between vacation and work. Previously I've really struggled with productivity when coming back to work, so this year is a bit special – one week of vacation, one week of work, two weeks of vacation, then two weeks back at work, and then one week of vacation. And at the end of August, I'll be going to London *excited noises*
As mentioned before, I haven't been working out much, but at the moment, doing something a few times a week seems to be working. Part of me burned out doing something every single day, so at the moment, the goal is to do something 3-4 times a week. Weight training, riding a bike and walking are the main things at the moment.
I brought my old bike to my apartment, it's an old fixie, but really comfortable to ride (and surprisingly fast too)
Now it's time to catch up on yall's threads! :plot:

Maly

Wow, it's been a long time. I've been silently lurking around, but the end of the year seemed like a good time to pop in.
Overall, this year was pretty good. I’ve been really busy with work, we started a new big project at the beginning of the year and ended up going live with it at the end of March. It was busy then, and somehow it’s gotten even more hectic now (but I love this chaos).
This year was great traveling-wise too. In the last post, I mentioned going to London. My relative was getting married, so this was the perfect chance to get out of my comfort zone and solo travel for the first time. I ended up loving the whole experience, although I definitely should have visited more places.
(This ended up being my favorite picture, which is pretty impressive considering it was really sunny and I only had my phone out for a second or two xD)

London 23.jpg

Otherwise, this year was filled with Duolingo (learning Finnish, just because it seemed fun), reading, and some cooking adventures.
I’m still trying to figure out if I should set some New Year’s resolutions. Setting resolutions seems pretty pointless, so I’m not going to say something like “I’m going to lose 10 kg”.
However, I’d like to get back into the habit of moving more. So, in 2024, I’m going to attempt to do one physical activity a day. A walk, some Youtube workout, or a light workout, it doesn’t really matter. Just something simple each day even if for 15 minutes.
I was thinking about doing weekly summaries again, but they might end up being monthly. I’m still not sure, but time will tell!
It's still technically the 31st, but Happy New Year to everyone! :fireworks: