Step by step

Maddy_Land

from Israel
Pronouns: she/her
Hi everyone :]
My name is Maddy, and I'll admit this isn't my first time starting a thread here. I tried having a workout routine for ages but it never seem to stick... who knew the best way to start a fitness journey would actually be getting your heart broken? Just like in that skit!!
A little about me: I'm 25 y/o, bi, cat lover workaholic book nerd, who lives alone and has hobbies of a grandma like crocheting, bracelet making and puzzles. I want a better quality of life for myself, and exercising and eating healthier seem like a good way to get there. I'm a huge snacker and very lazy so it won't be easy, but I'm trying my best. Step by step.

my very specific, very odd goals: (as for April 2023):
  • The ability to deadlift and weightlift (like, over my shoulders? I'm not very good at terminology yet) 23kg OR MORE. Why such a specific number? I work in IT, and part of the job is filling racks with computers. Specifically DELLS that weigh 23kg. I'm tired of asking for help on this one.
  • Core and lower body strength, especially for balance & roller skating. I want to skate for so long now, and never have more than a couple hours a week for that. I want to start taking this more seriously and strengthening my body for that.
  • Better joint mobility
  • And honestly I just want to be a hotter version of myself than what my ex remembers ;)
My routine atm is mostly the gym, lots of walking, trying to use the stairs instead of elevators, and incorporating protein into my diet.

Another thing about me: I suck at fitness terminology! English isn't my first language, and for the life of me I can not remember the names of most exercises and machines. So I'll be more descriptive than technical with what I'm doing. At least for now.

Good luck to me ^_^

Last edited:

Maddy_Land

from Israel
19.04.2023:
Gym day!
I have a plan in making with a personal trainer in the local gym, but today I had a workout alone. Which I came in a terrible hour for bc the gym was PACKED and I couldn't do most of the exercises I wanted to...
What I did manage to do is:
  • Run for 20 minutes, 5 speed 0.5 incline
  • Leg press, 10 kg ×3
  • Rope pulling to waist (top to bottom), 14 kg x2
  • Bar pulling (bottom to top), 9 kg x2
  • RDL (which i'm still learning the form for), 2 kg weights x3
  • Stretching
  • Bike for 10 minutes
Steps (including workout): 11,471

Something healthy I ate today is tuna, cottage cheese & scrambled egg. I also had breakfast (very rare for me) of oats and berries.
But I did snack on kinder chocolate in the morning as well...

Maddy_Land

from Israel
Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming :D

21.04.2023:
Steps: 9,577
It was a day of commute so I didn't do much. Also I didn't have lunch, which isn't very healthy, but I didn't snack in the morning as well!!
Also did a yoga routine before bed.

22.04.2023:
Steps: 2,400
I hope to get in a workout before the Shabat. Also a walk with my mother in the evening with will easily be another 2000 steps...
Healthy things I ate today is a full breakfast of coffee, toasts with cheese and protein bar :]

Maddy_Land

from Israel
Yesterday steps: 8,128

24.04.2023:
So because of what I've heard on the internet I thought going to the gym in the evening when it's dark might be a bit dangerous today... so for the first time I went there in the morning :LOL:
It was very different and refreshing. I thought I'll be grumpy and irritated bc I had to wake up at 5am, but I wasn't and I actually feel good now on my way to work.

• Squats on Smith Machine, 2.5kg each side x3
  • Deadlift, 2.5kg each side x3
  • Hip thrusts on Smith Machine, no weights, ×3
  • Cable lat pull (to which I didn't know the name last time lol), 14kg x2
  • Bicep curls (again new name learned), 9kg x2
  • Pulldowns, 2.5kg, 5kg & 7kg one time each
  • Leg press, 14kg x4
Let's see how early gym will effect my day 😂
Also I bought a breakfast of yogurt and coffee, cause working out makes me hungry. And my lunch is pretty healthy - rice and chicken breast.

Last edited:

Maddy_Land

from Israel
Last 2 days were HECTIC bc it was memorial day & independence day here so I didn't really have time for myself... also I ate lots of meet and drank wine like crazy 😂 so healthy foods is non lol

Steps 25.4: 10,240
Steps 26.4: 9,957
Steps today: 11,424 (went to the mall today after work lol)

Also I decided I want to do a little more fitness on days when I don't go to the gym, so I started Baseline! did day 1 on level 2

Maddy_Land

from Israel
GYM DAY!
So today I did the most dreaded thing- weights. I can only lift 2kg, which is nothing, and I'm always afraid to do anything with this bc I feel judged...
Also bc most of those exercises were new to me I did just 1 set of 10 each.
  • Dumbell flys, 2kg
  • Shoulder press (which I also heard called Arnold press?), 2kg
  • Dips (that was so hard 😂)
  • Dips on abdominal bench
  • 30 sec plank (the goal is to work it up to a minute)
  • Tried cable lat pulls with wider cable than usual bc of wrist pain
  • Did some mobile exercises on my wrists bc of said pain
I was also thinking alot about pull ups, so I wanted to try and see if I can even hold my bodyweight while hanging. I can't, I fall down almost immediately hahaha
Steps today: 5,012
Later today I'm going to continue with baseline day 2 and make vegetable pancakes as a healthy snack for the weekend :D

Maddy_Land

from Israel
Gym day again :D
Went in the morning and got late for work bc I took my time in the shower afterwards lol
  • 10 Dips
  • Dips on abdominal bench x3
  • Lat pulls 11 kg + bicep curls 9kg superset x4 times
  • Pulldowns 7kg (my biggest so far!!) x3
  • Dumbell flys 2kg x2 (I'm so scared to drop the weights on my face...)
  • Low rows, no weight x4
  • Squats on Smith machine, 2.5kg (I started with no weights and it was too easy... and I'm doing this exercise for only 2 weeks! I'm happy there is progress already)
I had a protein yogurt and a snack bar right after the gym, and also ate schnitzel for lunch.
Steps today: 10,065

Maddy_Land

from Israel
Steps yesterday: 8,828
Steps today: 10, 438

I tried a pilates class today and it was the worst :sad:

I don't think I'm at a good enough fitness level to do that yet, not to mention I had the worst wrist pain thru half of the exercises & was able to hold a plank for only 10 seconds!! When everyone around me had their for a minute.
It made me feel real bad, even tho I told myself I'll try something new and it's ok if this wasn't for me- I felt a bit like a loser to fail at every exercise...

I just hope I won't suffer from too much muscle pain tomorrow bc there is a work BBQ that I want to attend.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
The first time you try a completely new workout it always feels awful ;)
However, if you liked the type of training, with a little patience you can get to do what others do, otherwise try something different and more fun for you :)

Maddy_Land

from Israel
8.05.2023:
So after my epic fail at pilatis i'll admit that I didn't have any motivation to work out. So the weekend was pretty lazy and I didn't do a lot... but Yesterday I hit 14,726 steps, which is a new high for awhile! It's usually the amount of steps I do while hiking and not on a daily basis.
I went to the gym today and did lower body. I want to separate lower/upper body bc there is a lot of exercises I do now, and a limited about of time...
  • Leg press, 18kg x2
  • Rld with 2kg weights (I still work on form)
  • Squats on Smith Machine, 5kg each side (went up from 2.5!! I'm so happy) x3
  • Deadlift (on Smith), 2.5kg x3
  • Hip thrusts (on Smith), 2.5kg x3
  • Leg extensions, 14kg x3
Steps today (mid-day): 5,191

Also I had a high protein yogurt for breakfast and I'm eating chicken breast for lunch.

neilarey

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Shieldmaiden from Greece
"Trust The Awesomeness"
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday GIF