Stronger everyday

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates"

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #77

Program/Challenge​
Progress​
Classic Warmup
Hero's JourneyDay 60, Final Score: 600 ➡ 13550
2000 Push-ups ChallengeDay 10
Negative Pull-up ChallengeDay 10
Power Grip ChallengeDay 10
Classic Daily Bible Reading PlanDay 25/3665
Exodus 90Day 10/90

Proud to have completed Hero's Journey. Was a big challenge for me. I started out taking on several Level 2's, but got ground into dust and hung on to Level 1's for the last 50%, lol. Well, I'll just have to do the journey again some day! I think the next program will be an iron-oriented one, I'll take a closer look today. Have a great one bees! 😀☕

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #78

Program/ChallengeProgress
Classic Warmup
IronbornDay 1
2000 Push-ups ChallengeDay 11
Negative Pull-up ChallengeDay 11
Power Grip ChallengeDay 11
Anywhere, Anytime workout
Classic Daily Bible Reading PlanDay 26/366
✝ 90-day challengeDay 11/90

I think I started too light with my dumbbells; will try an additional 5lbs for each tomorrow.

Myself and my colleagues have made enough amendments to the Exodus 90 disciplines that I can't claim I'm following the program anymore. We still plan to follow through on a 90-day challenge of our own design; what I'm committing to is pretty much worked out in my head but I'll make time this week to write it out clearly. Have a great one bees! 😀☕

Last edited:

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #79

Program/Challenge​
Progress​
Classic Warmup
IronbornDay 2
2000 Push-ups ChallengeDay 12
Negative Pull-up ChallengeDay 12
Power Grip ChallengeDay 12
Classic Daily Bible Reading PlanDay 27/366
✝ 90-day challengeDay 12/90

For those of you who have completed the Ironborn program, a question: did you increase your dumbbell weight only to regret it later as the program progressed? I'm tempted to increase by an additional 5lbs (I'm at about 16lbs now). It's not feeling difficult enough, and by no means have I needed 2 minutes of rest between exercises. It's probably too early in the program to make an optimal call on this.

Very excited to launch The Runes of NorthRoy! One space left if you're interested :)

lofivelcro

Hunter from the sticks
"Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today"
I increased the weight every time I could do all four sets with no problem and two additional reps on the last set. If I stall on the same exercise the next time, I note that, and see how I do the next time after that. If I stall again, I go back to the former weight. Rinse and repeat.

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #82

Classic Warmup
IronbornDay 5
2000 Push-ups ChallengeDay 15
Negative Pull-up ChallengeDay 15
Power Grip ChallengeDay 15
Classic Daily Bible Reading PlanDay 30/366
✝ 90-day challengeDay 15/90

What a busy weekend, flew by in a hurry. I'm up after only 4 hours of sleep. Why? I don't know. In this season of life I'm often getting up at such early hours. I hope I can find some moments to rest throughout the day so my wife isn't doing all the heavy-lifting with the kids before bed! Happening a lot lately, I'm a zombie shortly after dinner.

Have a great one bees! 😀☕☕

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #87

Classic Warmup
IronbornDay 10
2000 Push-ups ChallengeDay 20
Negative Pull-up ChallengeDay 20
Power Grip ChallengeDay 20
Classic Daily Bible Reading PlanDay 35/366
✝ 90-day challengeDay 20/90

Day #88 (today)

Classic Warmup
IronbornDay 11
2000 Push-ups ChallengeDay 21
Negative Pull-up ChallengeDay 21
Power Grip ChallengeDay 21
Classic Daily Bible Reading PlanDay 36/366
✝ 90-day challengeDay 21/90

Kept forgetting to post yesterday :p Have a great one bees! 😀☕

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #91

Classic Warmup
Ironborn14/30
2000 Push-ups Challenge24/30
Negative Pull-up Challenge24/30
Power Grip Challenge24/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan39/366
✝ 90-day challenge24/90

@TopNotch Re: Ironborn - I tried slowing things down like you suggested and this has worked well. I'm quite content with the current weight I'm working with 👍

For the next round of challenges I think I'll go with one that continues the push-ups progress, and another that helps me towards pull-ups.

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #94

Classic Warmup
Ironborn17/30
2000 Push-ups Challenge27/30
Negative Pull-up Challenge27/30
Power Grip Challenge27/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan42/3665
✝ 90-day challenge27/90

OOF, going to need help to finish my 220 push-ups today!

It's been tough to make time for NorthRoy lately(we're so close!); busy at work, hundreds of challenge push-ups, and, I think most challenging, has been a very recent idea to relocate our family. A move is probably imminent. Questions, questions, questions are now buzzing continually between my wife and I and eat up so much mental energy. Moves are like that. Exciting and stressful 🤩🙇‍♂️ Another reason I think I'm going to pare back my fitness ambitions a bit. It's not even a lack of time or energy, more so I can anticipate looking at a list of obligations that is too long and feeling frustrated when a lot of free time is going to get eaten up with preparation, consideration, etc.

Well in 4 days I can make a decision 💪 Enjoy your weekends!

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #97

Woohoo! Challenges completed! NorthRoy fitness quest completed!

What a great start to a day :) I really want to thank @Anek @chickadee @Laura Rainbow Dragon @TopNotch and @Logan for joining me on an experimental fitness quest! I had a lot of fun creating it and playing it and it meant a lot to have others dive in when they really didn't know what to expect :) Thanks guys! 🙏

Anek

Sorceress from Bavaria, Germany
Pronouns: She/her
"If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember Cedric Diggory."
Congrats on the challenges! And thank you for the Northroy adventure, it was fun and made me discover workouts I would not have done normally.

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta
Day #98

Classic Warmup
Ironborn21/30
Push-up Ladder1/30
Classic Daily Bible Reading Plan46/366
✝ 90-day challenge31/90

Thank you for all the kind acknowledgements! :)

I've decided to pare back to one challenge at a time for now. Push-up Ladder looks like a fun one that shouldn't present too many obstacles to completing daily. I think the next program I take on will be something cardio-oriented, on the lighter side.

"We all need heroes who inspire us, but you aren't called to be more like them. You are called to be you - the best version of you possible."
-from Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson

JohnStrong

Guardian from Alberta