Flavorful8058
Posts: 7
Struggling with forward bends
If I try to keep my legs stiff, I can only get my hands down to my knees. My calves, shins and hamstrings feel weirdly itchy.
If I try to keep the knees soft, I can go a little deeper and the itchy sensation moves further upwards to the back of the knees, hamstrings and glutes.
If I bend at the knees I can reach my toes, and if I then try to gently straighten out, I feel a stretch in my hamstrings and nowhere else. No itchiness.
I've read the "How to Touch Your Toes" guide, and it talks about the sciatic nerve sometimes being a limiting factor. Is this it?
If so, is there a video of the nerve glide exercise that it explains? Because I'm not sure I'm doing it right
If I try to keep the knees soft, I can go a little deeper and the itchy sensation moves further upwards to the back of the knees, hamstrings and glutes.
If I bend at the knees I can reach my toes, and if I then try to gently straighten out, I feel a stretch in my hamstrings and nowhere else. No itchiness.
I've read the "How to Touch Your Toes" guide, and it talks about the sciatic nerve sometimes being a limiting factor. Is this it?
If so, is there a video of the nerve glide exercise that it explains? Because I'm not sure I'm doing it right
