The Once and Future King (of being on top of an exercise routine)

Pendragon

Bard from Oxford
Pronouns: he/him
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Hi folks! I first came across Darebee many many years ago, pre rebrand, but only really started using it during the 2020 summer lockdown. I got back into shape for about a year, and was about 5 weeks through the half marathon challenge, but then since June 2021 have struggled to keep that up, and I seem to have let things slide a bit!!

So... I'm creating this log to try and motivate myself to actually exercise every day, with the goal of slimming down and getting fit enough to start running again 2-3x per week in December, and then starting the half marathon in January. I'm hoping I'm being realistic here - I often tend to overplan EVERYTHING and then end up dropping things after 5-6 days, so my aim is to start light and try and keep a routine, and then build from there.

I'm going to be starting with the TEN and reboot programs, and will try and update here as and when I get things done.

I was a forum lurker on the previous forums, so I know what an amazing community we have here, and I'd now like to try and be a slightly bigger part of that. Looking forward to (re)starting my fitness journey with you all!!

Pendragon

Bard from Oxford
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed:
- TEN - Day 2
- Reboot - Day 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arms are a little bit tired after doing Reboot (5x {20 bicep extensions, 10s raised arm hold}) but it feels great to be getting back into things again :)

Pendragon

Bard from Oxford
Aaaaaa I forgot to post!! But I did get both programs done again today so that's a win! Both were focused on abs and core today, so by the time I got to to Reboot I could only manage the Level 1 (3 sets) - I usually aim for Level 2 if I can. But any exercise is a win, and I now know that after I'm back into the routine of things I'll need to focus a bit more on my core :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed:
- TEN - Day 4
- Reboot - Day 4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pendragon

Bard from Oxford
Forgot to post again yesterday, but still managed to get it done, and just finished today's too! Both Reboots at Level 2 as well, so that's great :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed - 27/09/22:
- TEN - Day 5
- Reboot - Day 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed - 28/09/22:
- TEN - Day 6
- Reboot - Day 6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pendragon

Bard from Oxford
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed - 30/09/22:
- TEN - Day 8
- Reboot - Day 8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed - 01/10/22:
- TEN - Day 9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only managed to get TEN done today - I'm moving back to uni tomorrow and so am frantically packing up far too much stuff!! I'm also going to plan to do tomorrow's workout in the afternoon, after I'm all settled in, and not first thing after I get up (like I usually do) before we set off :)

Pendragon

Bard from Oxford
Ended up missing a couple of days sadly in the chaos of moving back to uni, but managed to get back started again today! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Completed - 05/10/22:
- TEN - Day 10
- Reboot - Day 9
- Reboot - Day 10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited: