The Rebuild

Adamz1nh0

Guardian Posts: 8
"Let the rebuilding commence..."
Hey everyone, I'm Adam. As my profile says here, I'm 36, a proud husband and father to a very energetic two-year old daughter, and well, I'm hoping that the beginnings of what I do here, along with the work I will be putting in outside of this, will commence the "rebuild" I feel right now I need badly.

In a nutshell, I competed in sports most of my life. I was a track and field athlete for 15 years, competing in provincial, national, and continental level competitions. I also competed in many other team sports. It led me into the Sports industry, where I run a Sports and Athlete Management Firm, along with coaching young athletes in my community in Soccer and Basketball, primarily working with female athletes.

But over the past few years, my health levels took a deep dive. It was a combination of factors: stress from the work I was doing, a few traumatic events which created mental health issues that took me a while to reverse, and a loss of interest in taking care of myself and my health. I have reversed the boat now (thank god) and have made great strides in rebuilding many aspects of myself now, but the last one I am still trying to figure out is my physical health again.

I'm not unhealthy per say, but I'm nowhere near the levels I want to be at, and well, that has led me here. Where I want to rebuild myself to the levels I want to be at, to be the "Guardian" (see what I did there) that I know I have the ability to be, and push myself towards further goals that require my health and body to be at their best levels, and in turn re-energize myself to continue pushing myself as a father and husband in the process.

So...yeah...I guess its time to get going :)

Adamz1nh0

Day One: 5.24.23

So, I decided to start with the Fighters Codex as my starting program. I have been fascinated with the Martial Arts since I was in university, and self-studied in Kickboxing and Muay Thai for many years. Even recently, I purchased a set of Muay Thai shorts with the intention of going to a local school to start training again in Muay Thai. So it seemed like the best place to start.

Just finished Day One of this program. Muscles still feel good (a little tight, but I was smart enough to stretch beforehand) and I feel good after doing it. The Martial Arts always seem to bring me a combination of calmness and energy when I do them. Even though they push you hard, they bring me serenity. Yin-and-yang I guess.

So far so good, just got to keep going and stick with it. Have a great night everyone!

Adamz1nh0

Day Two: 5/25/23
Fighters Codex - Day Two

Just finished Day Two of the Fighters Codex, and I was honestly not sure if I would have it in me today to do it. Three meetings plus all of the usual other pieces of work, life, fatherhood today...I was tired as can be. Drank too much coffee and caffeine to get through it all, had the jitters near the end of the day (it has been years since I had the jitters from that haha) but I still buckled down and did my workout after my wife and I got our daughter to bed.

And it felt good. As I worked on those elbow strikes and front kicks, I just felt like Paco from "Bloodsport" (I actually prefer that original retro Muay Thai stance when I train in Muay Thai) and when I got to the Jab + Jab + Elbow Strike, I just felt a bit like Bruce Lee pounding on an opponent who underestimated his speed and power. Loved it.

I know that all days may not feel like this, but I am taking this as a good sign of things to come. Onwards and upwards. Have a great night everyone!

Adamz1nh0

Yay for working out even if really tired and more yay to really enjoying it! :worried:
Thanks so much @Tileenah, I think this has always been my stumbling block when I was getting back into training and exercise...finding a way to make it enjoyable, and for it being enjoyable to the point that even if I was tired from the day that I would get back in there. It feels like a win for sure :)