Trans Workouts

Booster2442

Hero from Georgia, USA
Pronouns: They/Them
"The Greatest Hero You Never Heard Of"
With myself being masc-leaning
I know there are some transfolk hanging out here and I wanted to know if working out has help improved any dysphoria, or even just felt validating? This is for all trans people to chime in if they wish. Also feel free to drop your workout routines and what you focus on, im curious!

Sólveig

Pirate from Cabudare - Venezuela
Pronouns: She/Her
"Ars longa, vita brevis"

These four workouts, like the rest of the workouts and programs featuring girl pictures (Fireheart being my favorite) are the ones that feel the most validating for me. The first two helped me out when I was beginning my fitness journey, which took off two years after realizing I'm a transgender girl. Krav magá and kickboxing also validated me, though I usually add some dancing on the mix. I started out with belly dancing, but dropped it for quite some time. Right now, I only do shuffling, but I'm interested in picking belly dance back up, plus pole dancing.

The workouts as presented don't help with my dysphoria. The act of actually working out, though, does mitigate it temporarily. But what helped the most with my dysphoria is the transformation I went through: started out as a depressed and mean overweight guy, to a redeemed fit girl.

Booster2442

Hero from Georgia, USA

These four workouts, like the rest of the workouts and programs featuring girl pictures (Fireheart being my favorite) are the ones that feel the most validating for me. The first two helped me out when I was beginning my fitness journey, which took off two years after realizing I'm a transgender girl. Krav magá and kickboxing also validated me, though I usually add some dancing on the mix. I started out with belly dancing, but dropped it for quite some time. Right now, I only do shuffling, but I'm interested in picking belly dance back up, plus pole dancing.

The workouts as presented don't help with my dysphoria. The act of actually working out, though, does mitigate it temporarily. But what helped the most with my dysphoria is the transformation I went through: started out as a depressed and mean overweight guy, to a redeemed fit girl.
Thats so nice! Belly dancing is an interesting one, I think you should pick it back up! Pole dancing looks so fun but I know right now that would be nearly impossible for me lol

Booster2442

Hero from Georgia, USA
My masculine workout go more heavy and each time you workout a routine you add 5lbs to your lift. I split it so have an arm day, shoulder day, leg day and chest and pull day. That way you can keep lifting heavy. Whole body at once tend to need more recovery time. You may need a gym, if you squat 20 times with 110lbs then next time 115lbs Focus is on strength

My feminine energy workout would be doing Tai Chi Chuan forms and Yoga. Focus is on fluid movement, balance, mobility.
love that balance!

Electrik Art

Rogue Pronouns: he/they
Yes! Workouts help immensely with my dysphoria as a masc-leaning individual. Aside from the fact that working out frequently (5 to 6 days of the week usually) helps me sort out a lot of my anxious energy, something about the energy and the strange almost head-high that gets triggered somewhere around 20 minutes in just makes me feel powerful in a way that I can't quite articulate. For me now - that happens to be a lot of workouts with a weighted vest as well as some yoga for flexibility, though I've experimented with a lot of different things.

In general, though, I just had a lot more interest in taking care of my body once I started feeling more at home in it and I see working out as part of declaring it as my very personal house to take care of in a way.

Booster2442

Hero from Georgia, USA
Yes! Workouts help immensely with my dysphoria as a masc-leaning individual. Aside from the fact that working out frequently (5 to 6 days of the week usually) helps me sort out a lot of my anxious energy, something about the energy and the strange almost head-high that gets triggered somewhere around 20 minutes in just makes me feel powerful in a way that I can't quite articulate. For me now - that happens to be a lot of workouts with a weighted vest as well as some yoga for flexibility, though I've experimented with a lot of different things.

In general, though, I just had a lot more interest in taking care of my body once I started feeling more at home in it and I see working out as part of declaring it as my very personal house to take care of in a way.
That's where I'm trying to get at! for the most part I'm okay with my body in other ways i rarely get dysphoria (though the days i do, its hard hitting bad) but I do know it'll help if I see some things change with my arms and lose some weight around my face.