Way of Swords

Heniek

Warrior Posts: 58
"is that the spirit of the age ?"
I have exercised with my Tai Chi sword and sabre since 1979 and did Aikido and Kenjutsu wood weapons for 4 years.

Weapons weigh 2.5 lbs and the duct tape jobby is 5 lbs with thick grip.

QZJ_1556971151.jpg

Last edited:

Heniek

When I do Tai Chi sword or sabre there's also a mirror version done with left hand.

Heniek

I did Yoshinkan Aikido for 4 years putting in over 8 hours dojo time and 1/2 of the training was with hard wood weapons, bokken, tanto, shoto and jo staff, also have a shinai and steel katana (has an edge but not cutting sharp). Some of the sword training was Kenjutsu.

Most of the training was with a partner and also solo kata and basic movement. I did practice some cutting with a live blade when a group of us used a hall with concrete floor, cutting plastic bottles filled with water, much fun except for the clean-up, we had 100's of bottles and there was no drain, floor was nice and clean from all the mopping.

Nowadays daily home practice includes steel katana Aikido basic movements also empty hand version, both right and left kata. When doing left side katana, it still is held in the right hand way, grip isn't switched.

aikido.jpg
I bought a shinai for faster partner training.

Last edited: