Unsure about combat moves

Sim

Hello there!

I am trying to get in shape and re-develop a consistent work out habit. I have started the Fireheart program, but I feel unsure about whether I am doing the combat moves with sufficient intensity and decent technique. I'm trying to avoid equipment, so I don't have the feedback of a punching bag, and I don't want to join a gym or attend classes at the moment.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I focus on programs without combat moves instead, so I can work out more confidently?

MrDave

Viking from Israel
DAREBEE has a video exercise library, and some (most?) of the combat moves were there the last time I checked. And if something isn't there you might find a video on how to do a move on youtube.

Try doing exercises slowly at first to feel how your body moves and to get used to the correct execution and then you can build up speed.

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."

At the end of each day there is a video that reproduces the entire workout :)

Reactions: Sim

Sim

DAREBEE has a video exercise library, and some (most?) of the combat moves were there the last time I checked. And if something isn't there you might find a video on how to do a move on youtube.

Try doing exercises slowly at first to feel how your body moves and to get used to the correct execution and then you can build up speed.
Thank you.
Yes, I use the video and do the exercises slowly. The problem is that hitting someone/something is different from doing a push up or a squat, even ignoring the fact that I have already learned how to do many bodyweight exercises in the past.

If a punch or kick is poorly aligned, not only you may not do much to your opponent: you may also injure yourself, like damaging a wrist or ankle. And if I keep practicing without feedback, I will acquire bad muscular memory that will be harder to shake off if I do decide to pick up martial arts or if I end up accidentally in a fight and I instinctively throw a punch but it's with bad alignment.

Sim

At the end of each day there is a video that reproduces the entire workout :)
Thank you!

I was actually considering switching to this program. It seems more suitable for someone starting out on these moves. Although it does not fully solve my technique concerns, there is more guidance.