Need advice on how to perform squat and press with dumbbells

SeriousSamX

Hello,
as name of this thread suggests, I need some advice on performing squat and press.
In program Power HIIT, on day 1 there is exercise squat and press (first picture with lady performing it).
From the picture it looks like you should lower your arms when squating and when you rise up you should slightly turn to the side.
Googling this exercise I found that in squat and press you should keep your arms at shoulder level and press dumbbells overhead when rising from squat. Something like in Full body build workout (second picture with man performing it). Can someonep please explain how to correctly perform this exercise?
1727778063161.png1727778070495.png

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
@SeriousSamX follow the illustrations.

In program Power HIIT, on day 1 there is exercise squat and press (first picture with lady performing it).
From the picture it looks like you should lower your arms when squating and when you rise up you should slightly turn to the side.
Correct.

Power HIIT Day 1 is indicating you should perform a variation of the squat and press exercise which, yes, as depicted, includes a twist at the top.
Full Body Built shows a more standard squat and press, without the twist.

The two workouts have different foci. Full Body Built is a strength-focused workout. If you read the text at the bottom of the page, you'll note it recommends using fairly heavy dumbbells and slowing down the movements to recruit more muscle fibres and deliver greater results. Power HIIT's focus is different. It's designed for muscle toning, yes, but it's also designed to be a high burn program that promotes fat loss. The recommended dumbbell weight is significantly lower. (Dumbbell weight is always adjustable, based on your personal fitness level. But Power HIIT is designed to be done with lighter weights and faster speed than Full Body Built.)

You can do the Power HIIT workout with a standard squat and press, with no twist, if you like. You'll still get a great workout. But for maximum benefit, I would go with the variation of the exercise depicted in the illustrations. The DAREBEE Team drew it that way for a reason.

Back