Advice for a sloth

Torchier

I live a very stagnant life, I’m a 29m 6’3” 315lbs, I spend most of my days sitting at a computer. I want to change so bad though, I was going to save up for a smart watch to start walking with but I think I’m only set on getting it to delay things further. I can’t go to the gym and have no equipment to workout with. What are some cheap pieces I can buy and when it comes to walking/jogging how much should I be doing at the start?

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
I would keep in mind in addition to walking/jogging also some bodyweight training, you don't need equipment, you use your body with the benefit of learning to use it better and improving your mobility in everyday life.
Here at Darebee the two basic programs to get started are:
And for walking/jogging:
And welcome :)

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
No equipment needed, as Fremen says - "just" a comfy pair of shoes if you intend to walk (all other exercises without weights can be done barefoot). Here there are plenty of exercises that are equipment-free. Taking the habit of daily walking as much as possible , and taking the habit of daily movement are steps you /can/ do. Start with the level 1 programs, and from that you can find out what's compatible with your body, and what's FUN for you too, because that's an important step to create the habit, and keep going when it (either the exercise, or changing circumstances around you) gets tough.
Come, welcome to the hive and buzz away with us!

Back