Having diastasis recti, What exercise should I follow in gym?

FATHIMA JINSY

Iam 58 kg
161 cm height
29 years old
2 c- sec done. ( 6 yrs elder kid, 2 years old younger one)
I want to tone my body, and reduce my belly fat too. I don't know is it because of diastasis recti. I do have love handles too. Before my 2nd delivery , I have been doing home workouts alone with dumbbells' for almost a year. But I am first to the gym.
Having diastasis recti. What exercise should I follow in gym?
I Want
Everyone says , I shouldn't take weight or weight training. Then what will I do in gym?

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
You should ask a doctor what exercises you can or cannot do or the simplest alternative is to ask a personal trainer at the gym you go to but be careful that he or she is competent for the specific problem you have :)

FATHIMA JINSY

My gym trainer. Doesn't know much about it. She just said me that I shouldn't give more force on my abs/core Avoid crunches and situps Avoid heavy weights. If so, what workouts can I do at gym? What machines should I avoid using at gym?

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
A possible alternative is not to do specific abdominal exercises at all since the abdominal muscles still work even when you do other exercises for the arms and legs for example.
But I repeat, for your specific problem it would be better to go to a competent doctor to avoid hurting yourself ;)