Help with my workout routine

Witchling_Lex

Assassin Posts: 3
"Assassin In-Training"
Hey, so I’m new here and I’m wondering if I could get someone’s opinion on a workout routine? I created this routine based on my fitness goals after doing some research, mainly using Darebee’s guides. The goals I want to work towards are tone myself up, build some general strength and become more flexible. The routine is based around my hormone cycle, and its changes. Also with the different options on each days, they’re there because I want to work on a range of things, but at most I would only do two different workouts a day. I don’t want to overtrain myself though, that’s mostly why I’m hoping to get some opinions cause I don’t know much about fitness.

Edit: Meant to add this but forgot, the days which say stretching/yoga are meant as active rest days. So I won’t be doing anything too strenuous, but I’m still also doing something.

Period:
Day 1: light/easy stretching/yoga
Day 2: light/easy stretching/yoga
Day 3: light/easy stretching/yoga
Day 4: light/easy stretching/yoga
Day 5: light/easy stretching/yoga

After period:
Day 6: cardio/hiit/strength upper body
Day 7: stretching/yoga
Day 8: combat full body
Day 9: cardio/hiit/strength lower body
Day 10: stretching/yoga
Day 11: cardio/hiit/strength full body
Day 12: stretching/yoga
Day 13: cardio/hiit/strength upper body
Day 14: stretching/yoga
Day 15: combat full body
Day 16: cardio/hiit/strength lower body
Day 17: stretching/yoga
Day 18: cardio/hiit/strength full body
Day 19: stretching/yoga
Day 20: cardio/hiit/strength upper body
Day 21: stretching/yoga
Day 22: combat full body
Day 23: cardio/hiit/strength lower body

Before period:
Day 24: easy/normal stretching/yoga
Day 25: easy full body workout
Day 26: easy/normal stretching/yoga

Last edited:

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
The rotation of workouts seems sensible and well balanced to me, I especially like the idea of personalizing it around your hormone cycle, very interesting as an idea.
The only unknown for its effectiveness is the choice of individual workouts.
Please note that this is just my opinion :)

Witchling_Lex

Assassin Posts: 3
"Assassin In-Training"
The rotation of workouts seems sensible and well balanced to me, I especially like the idea of personalizing it around your hormone cycle, very interesting as an idea.
The only unknown for its effectiveness is the choice of individual workouts.
Please note that this is just my opinion :)
May I ask what you mean by unknown effectiveness with choice of individual workouts? I’m still not sure what specific workouts I’ll use, but theoretically if I am doing the same type of workout (e.g. cardio, hiit, or strength) each time wouldn’t that still be effective? If not, how can I make sure what I’m doing is effective?

Yeah, as I was doing research I found some really interesting articles about how a women’s hormone cycle can affect not just the motivation to exercise, but also the effects as well. A few days before and during menstruation, women’s estrogen is at its lowest. Some of the effects, other than low motivation, are loss of coordination, reduced mobility, more risk of injury, and difficulty developing muscle mass. But even then it’s recommended to still do something, that’s why I’ve put stretching/yoga down during that time.

Anyway, thank you so much for your thoughts. I’m now more confident that I haven’t just come up with a routine that doesn’t work. ^^

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
May I ask what you mean by unknown effectiveness with choice of individual workouts? I’m still not sure what specific workouts I’ll use, but theoretically if I am doing the same type of workout (e.g. cardio, hiit, or strength) each time wouldn’t that still be effective? If not, how can I make sure what I’m doing is effective?
I noticed a lot of difference between following a Darebee program or choosing workouts from the database.
The choice of the program is also personal and therefore affected by taste but in any case it is already a well-structured, progressive and working workout, precisely due to the effort of designing it first and then testing it by the Team before releasing it.
When choosing individual workouts I am very influenced by the mood of the moment and also by what I like or don't like to do, while in a program you follow it even when you don't particularly like a single workout.
If the objective is general well-being, the choice of a workout within the same type does not make much difference. If you have more specific objectives then the training must also be more targeted.
When I followed Darebee's programs I always noticed how the same exercises became easier at the end of the month.
It was easier to understand the progress.
Experiment, see what works and what doesn't, in the end you always have to pass the test of facts :)

Anyway, thank you so much for your thoughts. I’m now more confident that I haven’t just come up with a routine that doesn’t work. ^^
My workouts that were planned and ended badly were always about overtraining and not getting enough recovery :lol