How much protein

Marzattack

"Be Strong - Be Active - Be empowered."
I go to the gym 4-5 days a week daily split, Tai Chi Chuan and walk everyday, maybe some Yoga (I do a headstand everyday). I was using a food macro tracker. My weight is around 150lbs and I'm 5' 8" if I add my activity level and what exercise I do the recommended amount goes to about a my bodyweight in grams of protein. I average around 79g recently which I thought was enough but now my strength has dropped a lot so rethinking and back into more protein.

When I was tracking my food I found it easier to get up to around 140g.

Last edited:

Omnius

I would like to understand how much a diet with limited protein consumption can prevent me from building muscle.
Although I don’t understand sports nutrition, I know that people who play sports usually consume a lot of protein, even in the form of special supplements.

As for animal proteins, I have had to reduce their intake in my diet, but I am doing this on the advice of my doctor. I eat 1 egg per week and within 120 g of boiled chicken (or 150 g of boiled fish) 3 times a week.
I know that there is a lot of plant protein in foods such as peas, soy, etc. But such foods are contraindicated for me, also for medical reasons.

Marzattack

"Be Strong - Be Active - Be empowered."
My weight is now 146lbs and can lose a little more to get leaner. I started tracking macros again, plus bought unflavoured whey and some Amino tablets. Although once these are gone it's goodbye to over priced supplements. A whey brand I bought before covid was about $20 and today is $53, I use to take creatine but now way too much plus when you think of how much food has gone up. I'll alternate days with the tabs and powder after an intense workout.

Last edited:
from Australia
"So Far No Limits"
My weight is now 146lbs and can lose a little more to get leaner. I started tracking macros again, plus bought unflavoured whey and some Amino tablets. Although once these are gone it's goodbye to over priced supplements. A whey brand I bought before covid was about $20 and today is $53, I use to take creatine but now way too much plus when you think of how much food has gone up. I'll alternate days with the tabs and powder after an intense workout.
OMG $53 For Whey Protein. I pay AU$21 and get(stock up) BSC Creatine when it's half price for AU$12.