Just getting started

ChampDeMars

Hello forum,

I'm a new member, and looking over the choices on the website, I'm a little overwhelmed. For the past three years I have done 30 minute walks almost daily (at 15-16 minutes per mile), and for the past year I have been playing tennis once or twice a week.

I'd like to build some muscle tone, particularly in my upper body, while also reducing the excess around the midsection. I was looking at Chest, Arms & Core (this is a single workout, 3 out of 5 difficulty), probably Mon-Weds-Fri, and tennis/walk on the off days. If I want to do lower body strength training as well, should I do it on the same days as the upper body workouts, or alternate? Or if you have other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Solution
Darebee offers so many opportunities and therefore it becomes a bit complicated sometimes to figure out what to do, I suggest a couple of possibilities just to get an idea :)
You can choose a Training Plan and follow it, then you have to choose the individual workouts with the search filters.
Or you can choose a program, you don't need to do it every day, many still use a program and do it 2-3 times a week, it will take you more than a month, the results will be slower but it still works.
The advantage of the programs is that they are already a good, well-structured training, you just have to follow their progression and that's it, very simple. Getting a tailored training with workouts is a little more complicated and...

Fremen

Shaman from Italy
"“Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change.” Percy Weasley, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone."
Darebee offers so many opportunities and therefore it becomes a bit complicated sometimes to figure out what to do, I suggest a couple of possibilities just to get an idea :)
You can choose a Training Plan and follow it, then you have to choose the individual workouts with the search filters.
Or you can choose a program, you don't need to do it every day, many still use a program and do it 2-3 times a week, it will take you more than a month, the results will be slower but it still works.
The advantage of the programs is that they are already a good, well-structured training, you just have to follow their progression and that's it, very simple. Getting a tailored training with workouts is a little more complicated and requires more experience.
There is no best method, there is the one that works best for you :)

Solution