Kid 1 Chin-up Quest

Ajax Wang

Hi Pros, My son is 7 years old 1.31m tall with 31Kg. who has taken 2 years of basketball lesson, and 2 years of inline skating Hockey lesson. I am working on an interesting daily exercises plan. so that he can stick to, and become self-motivation. so far the arm strength is very weak which can't bear a 1chin-up work. So need your guys professional advice on how I am conduct the plan.

Damer

Administrator
DAREBEE Team
Warrior Monk from Terra
Pronouns: He/Him
@Ajax Wang have you tried doing either hanging to strengthen his hand grip or doing a negative chin up where you help him up to the chin up position and then he slowly and with assistance (i.e. you hold him) he slowly descends. Over time this will help strengthen all the necessary muscles without overloading him. I hope this helps.

TammiEGoodman

It’s great to know that you’re planning a daily exercise routine for your son! You can start with exercises or fun activities. Plan short sessions and make sure your child understands that progress takes time. By focusing on fun and gradual improvement, you’ll help your child develop a love of physical activity and build the strength he needs. Good luck!