My introduction
Didn't see a specific place for introductions, so my apologies if this is the wrong section.
Saving y'all (most) of my backstory; I heard about Darebee a while back, saved it to my bookmarks, and promptly forgot about it. Thank you ADHD brain. This year my oldest chose to go out for cross-country and being a former star runner decades ago in high school, I figured I should get into shape and eventually workout with them. I was reminded about Darebee and here I am.
I suffer from laziness and normal motivation rarely works on me. But... I have been consistently working out on my own, and occasionally with my kiddos, for nearly 50 days now. That isn't something I have been able to make myself do for nearly 2 decades.
I started off with the First 7 Days program and then the Recovery program to make sure I could ease into this new routine and make it a habit. I am now on day 16 of doing the exercise of the day, finished the September challenge, and started the October challenge today. I have also done a few workouts here and there testing thing out. On Monday (5 Oct) I will be finishing the Square One program.
My future plans are to take a few days (Tuesday-Sunday) to do some various workouts that either seem fun or focus on glaring weaknesses of my physical abilities. Then on the 12th I will start the 6-week Recomp training plan, and potentially the Drifter training plan after that.
Since I suffer from overthinking and with so many choices for workouts, analysis paralysis is a very real concern. Instead of picking things on my own, and potentially focusing on things I am already good at while avoiding things that are difficult, I will take the oldest listed workout of that type and work my way forward.
I have also chosen a warmup workout, cool down workout, and a streching routine. These will be set workouts and stretching routines so I don't have to worry about trying to figure those out all the time and can focus on the main part of my exercise program.
I will also be continuing to do the exercise of the day and monthly challenges, which will be my morning workout while the training plans will be my evening workout.
Anyway, thanks for anyone that read this far. I don't know how much I will be posting progress but I will try to do that occasionally in
separate thread.
Saving y'all (most) of my backstory; I heard about Darebee a while back, saved it to my bookmarks, and promptly forgot about it. Thank you ADHD brain. This year my oldest chose to go out for cross-country and being a former star runner decades ago in high school, I figured I should get into shape and eventually workout with them. I was reminded about Darebee and here I am.
I suffer from laziness and normal motivation rarely works on me. But... I have been consistently working out on my own, and occasionally with my kiddos, for nearly 50 days now. That isn't something I have been able to make myself do for nearly 2 decades.
I started off with the First 7 Days program and then the Recovery program to make sure I could ease into this new routine and make it a habit. I am now on day 16 of doing the exercise of the day, finished the September challenge, and started the October challenge today. I have also done a few workouts here and there testing thing out. On Monday (5 Oct) I will be finishing the Square One program.
My future plans are to take a few days (Tuesday-Sunday) to do some various workouts that either seem fun or focus on glaring weaknesses of my physical abilities. Then on the 12th I will start the 6-week Recomp training plan, and potentially the Drifter training plan after that.
Since I suffer from overthinking and with so many choices for workouts, analysis paralysis is a very real concern. Instead of picking things on my own, and potentially focusing on things I am already good at while avoiding things that are difficult, I will take the oldest listed workout of that type and work my way forward.
I have also chosen a warmup workout, cool down workout, and a streching routine. These will be set workouts and stretching routines so I don't have to worry about trying to figure those out all the time and can focus on the main part of my exercise program.
I will also be continuing to do the exercise of the day and monthly challenges, which will be my morning workout while the training plans will be my evening workout.
Anyway, thanks for anyone that read this far. I don't know how much I will be posting progress but I will try to do that occasionally in
separate thread.