My lamest/coolest fitness milestone; standing up

Noen

Alchemist from Germany
"Plural life"
Ok so a couple of weeks ago I was sleeping over at a friend's place on a mattress on the floor. And I sat on the edge of the mattress, feet flat on the ground. And then I just stood up.

No gaining momentum, no stabilising or pushing off with my hands, I just got up.

I reproduced it on the mattress because I was so astounded, I had never been able to do that before. I reproduced it on the lowest step on the stairs and then I made my husband do it and he... wasn't as excited (I think he's always been able to do that).

Pretty sure this is because of my squat training. First did eight weeks of leg pressed until finally moving on to squats and then I had to train six weeks just to be able to do 3x10 squats with my own body weight. I have since worked my way up to... holding a 5 kg dumbbell. But we're kinda doing the hard version of squats where we go super low and very slowly and keep our backs nice and straight so I'm sure my 5 kg aren't as bad as they sound :happy:

How about you guys? Can you just get up when sitting on the lowest step of the stairs or something of equal height?

Gandhalfit

Druid from TLV
Pronouns: You there
"Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being... it is up to all of us to become his moral superior. Vetinari/Pratchett"
That's actually so awesome. Way to go.

Noen

Alchemist from Germany
"Plural life"
I now wonder how many other people aren't able to do that and just think it's normal.

Considering that for me it was a strength issue, I would imagine quite a few.