New Here!!!

nutellasushi

from Texas
Pronouns: She/her
Hello everyone!

I'm new to Darebee and I was curious on your thoughts on this Workout Website. Share your thoughts, pro and cons! Let's chat!

Has Darebee helped your reach your goals?
What makes Darebee different?
How long have you been using Darebee?

:)

Nevetharine

Viking from The Depths
Welcome!

Darebee is an awesome resource. I've been here since, ah, 2017 I think. This is the most supportive community on the internet!

I would say achieving your goals depends a lot on what they are, and on you. But we're all here to cheer you on and help when you need it, or to just chat. =)

I disappear often from the site when I get "plugged-in fatigue", or when life gets overwhelming in general. And the community always welcomes me back, like I've never left. TBH, I think they're used to it at this point. 😅

Laura Rainbow Dragon

Bard from Canada
"Striving to be the change."
Welcome to the Hive @nutellasushi !

I can second everything @Nevetharine wrote. DAREBEE is an awesome resource, and the Hive is a supportive and welcoming community. We come here from all walks of life and all corners of the globe with all different fitness backgrounds and goals. Whether you are a competitive athlete, a new exerciser, or anywhere else on your fitness journey, you will find resources to help on DAREBEE and a supportive community in the Hive.

I joined the DAREBEE Hive in 2017. Like Nevetharine, I sometimes go quiet for a time due to life getting in the way of my having time to post and respond here. But I always return when I can. The Hive has supported me through both celebration and loss, and been an anchor to community during times when geography, finances, and a global pandemic have all exerted isolating forces on my life. I value the DAREBEE community and have forged genuine friendships here.

DAREBEE has certainly helped me to reach my fitness goals, both through using the wealth of resources on the site, but also through participation in the Hive community. I live geographically isolated from all of my friends who are into active lifestyles. Aside from my one neighbour who likes to shout "Run, Forrest! Run!" at me when she sees me go by, I don't have any local support for my fitness journey. So I am especially appreciative of the support I receive from my fellow Bees in the Hive.

One thing that definitely makes DAREBEE stand apart from other online fitness communities is that nothing is for sale here. There are no ads or product placement on the site. DAREBEE is supported via voluntary donations, and everyone here is on equal footing, whether we are able to financially support the site or not. This also means DAREBEE is able to, and does, follow the science of exercise, not the latest commercially-motivated fad. If you check out any of the extensive Knowledge Base articles or fitness Guides on the site, you will notice they point to scholarly research on the topics under discussion, not to things you can buy.

DAREBEE is also different due to the ethos of the site and the community. I encourage you to read the article on The DAREBEE Way, which sums it up nicely.

If there's anything specific you're searching for here, feel free to post a question in the Help Desk forum. There's a lot of content on DAREBEE! If you're not able to easily find what you're looking for, one of the more experienced users on the site likely can help you out.

You've joined us at a great time, since DAREBEE's December Events are coming up soon. Always a fun time, and a great opportunity to connect with other members of the Hive community.

PetiteSheWolf

Alchemist from France
Hello, I kind of "re-ordered" your questions but here are my thoughts on Darebee.

Since early Fall 2017, been 6 years now.

Definitly! First, I got fitter here. When, after some knee issue, my kinesitherapist encouraged me to try running, the programs here allowed me to do 2 7-km races (may not seem impressive, but with my sitation with a cardiac malformation, it was, and still is), and I was in the best shape I have ever been. When my heart decompensated and I had open heart surgery, Darebee's lowest level programs allowed me to get back my body, little by little but surely. And now it helps me keep in shape!

First, the community. There's a positive, encouraging spirit here that's true. We are from all over the world, with sometimes very diverse backgrounds and even beliefs, but there is an empathy, and team spirit, that is rare online. I remember also when I was awaiting surgery - and then recuperating, those bees were here to listen to me and encourage.
Second, I think the team here tries also to keep it as scientific as possible. Read Damer's Ask Me Anything threads , read all the references in the articles - it is a serious site. And their process to validate the workouts and prgrams are solid. (still a bit not familiar with the new difficulty levels, but hey, that's life, LOL).
Last, the variety of workouts and programs. You have yoga and stretching, but also cardio, don't like cardio you can try HIIT, and of couse musculation, with or without weights. The different levels give a lot of flexibility too - I have a soft spot for the low level workouts and programs because they helped me so much, but there is also plenty to challenge even serious level people. And special events are good occasions for team building, for going out your comfort zone and try new stuff.

Hoping you can find here the right tools for your fitness journey!

nutellasushi

from Texas
Welcome!

Darebee is an awesome resource. I've been here since, ah, 2017 I think. This is the most supportive community on the internet!

I would say achieving your goals depends a lot on what they are, and on you. But we're all here to cheer you on and help when you need it, or to just chat. =)

I disappear often from the site when I get "plugged-in fatigue", or when life gets overwhelming in general. And the community always welcomes me back, like I've never left. TBH, I think they're used to it at this point. 😅
Welcome to the Hive @nutellasushi !

I can second everything @Nevetharine wrote. DAREBEE is an awesome resource, and the Hive is a supportive and welcoming community. We come here from all walks of life and all corners of the globe with all different fitness backgrounds and goals. Whether you are a competitive athlete, a new exerciser, or anywhere else on your fitness journey, you will find resources to help on DAREBEE and a supportive community in the Hive.

I joined the DAREBEE Hive in 2017. Like Nevetharine, I sometimes go quiet for a time due to life getting in the way of my having time to post and respond here. But I always return when I can. The Hive has supported me through both celebration and loss, and been an anchor to community during times when geography, finances, and a global pandemic have all exerted isolating forces on my life. I value the DAREBEE community and have forged genuine friendships here.

DAREBEE has certainly helped me to reach my fitness goals, both through using the wealth of resources on the site, but also through participation in the Hive community. I live geographically isolated from all of my friends who are into active lifestyles. Aside from my one neighbour who likes to shout "Run, Forrest! Run!" at me when she sees me go by, I don't have any local support for my fitness journey. So I am especially appreciative of the support I receive from my fellow Bees in the Hive.

One thing that definitely makes DAREBEE stand apart from other online fitness communities is that nothing is for sale here. There are no ads or product placement on the site. DAREBEE is supported via voluntary donations, and everyone here is on equal footing, whether we are able to financially support the site or not. This also means DAREBEE is able to, and does, follow the science of exercise, not the latest commercially-motivated fad. If you check out any of the extensive Knowledge Base articles or fitness Guides on the site, you will notice they point to scholarly research on the topics under discussion, not to things you can buy.

DAREBEE is also different due to the ethos of the site and the community. I encourage you to read the article on The DAREBEE Way, which sums it up nicely.

If there's anything specific you're searching for here, feel free to post a question in the Help Desk forum. There's a lot of content on DAREBEE! If you're not able to easily find what you're looking for, one of the more experienced users on the site likely can help you out.

You've joined us at a great time, since DAREBEE's December Events are coming up soon. Always a fun time, and a great opportunity to connect with other members of the Hive community.
Hello, I kind of "re-ordered" your questions but here are my thoughts on Darebee.

Since early Fall 2017, been 6 years now.

Definitly! First, I got fitter here. When, after some knee issue, my kinesitherapist encouraged me to try running, the programs here allowed me to do 2 7-km races (may not seem impressive, but with my sitation with a cardiac malformation, it was, and still is), and I was in the best shape I have ever been. When my heart decompensated and I had open heart surgery, Darebee's lowest level programs allowed me to get back my body, little by little but surely. And now it helps me keep in shape!

First, the community. There's a positive, encouraging spirit here that's true. We are from all over the world, with sometimes very diverse backgrounds and even beliefs, but there is an empathy, and team spirit, that is rare online. I remember also when I was awaiting surgery - and then recuperating, those bees were here to listen to me and encourage.
Second, I think the team here tries also to keep it as scientific as possible. Read Damer's Ask Me Anything threads , read all the references in the articles - it is a serious site. And their process to validate the workouts and prgrams are solid. (still a bit not familiar with the new difficulty levels, but hey, that's life, LOL).
Last, the variety of workouts and programs. You have yoga and stretching, but also cardio, don't like cardio you can try HIIT, and of couse musculation, with or without weights. The different levels give a lot of flexibility too - I have a soft spot for the low level workouts and programs because they helped me so much, but there is also plenty to challenge even serious level people. And special events are good occasions for team building, for going out your comfort zone and try new stuff.

Hoping you can find here the right tools for your fitness journey!
I appreciate every single one of you for your replies, stories and advice. You three had convinced me to use this as my main tool to reach my goals. I'm very excited :)